Thread: Singapore Weather and that lovely Blue

Default Singapore Weather and that lovely Blue

Seems like the weather's pretty unpredicatable nowadays. We're supposed to be smack in the middle of the South-West monsoon and we're supposed to have scattered late morning and early afternoon showers...

But these few days, I've been waking up earlier to observe the intensity of blue in our Singapore sky. About 8plus to 10am is the best... then the intensity of blue deteriorates to lighter shades until the clouds start to form. 3pm is the worst sky to ever have... partly due to dust particles, haze and pollution of the city lifestyle.

Then the sky starts to clear again from 5pm and we've got magnificent blues, less harsh lighting from the sun, and longer shadows.

I wanna take leave on Monday to wake up early and go shoot scenes cropped against the sky... but I'm hesitant... some parts of Singapore may suffer from the rain that has evaded us for the past 3 days.. looks like a major downpour next week? Jia lat... want to take photos also must consult the meteorological stations... can't we just have perfect skies like Canada or Pulau Redang?

Anyone has advice on WHEN is the best time to take subjects framed against the sky covering 2thirds of the picture composition?? I've noticed alot of photo outings start at 8am from clubsnap... might be because of the blue-er sky

U r rite, 8-10 is prime time for blue skies..

actually, due to the recent SUPER sunny hot weather,
    even in mid afternoon 2-3pm, if the suns behind u, and there's blue sky above, it is really quite blue despite the harsh sunlight...

but the super bright sun might be out of the dynamic rangeo f the cam, so if u take SKY + object, u have to sacrifice one or the other im terms of exposure.

mornig time is best. guaranteed!

Quote Originally Posted by JermsDayOut
    Seems like the weather's pretty unpredicatable nowadays. We're supposed to be smack in the middle of the South-West monsoon and we're supposed to have scattered late morning and early afternoon showers...

But these few days, I've been waking up earlier to observe the intensity of blue in our Singapore sky. About 8plus to 10am is the best... then the intensity of blue deteriorates to lighter shades until the clouds start to form. 3pm is the worst sky to ever have... partly due to dust particles, haze and pollution of the city lifestyle.

Then the sky starts to clear again from 5pm and we've got magnificent blues, less harsh lighting from the sun, and longer shadows.

I wanna take leave on Monday to wake up early and go shoot scenes cropped against the sky... but I'm hesitant... some parts of Singapore may suffer from the rain that has evaded us for the past 3 days.. looks like a major downpour next week? Jia lat... want to take photos also must consult the meteorological stations... can't we just have perfect skies like Canada or Pulau Redang?

Anyone has advice on WHEN is the best time to take subjects framed against the sky covering 2thirds of the picture composition?? I've noticed alot of photo outings start at 8am from clubsnap... might be because of the blue-er sky

well on the hot days, the evening is a pure fiery orange facing a rich blue, inbetween u have a very nice pink hue. so if u were driving down the expressway u'd see the buildings in shades of orange, pink and blue. Lucky I'm not the driver.
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"