Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wtb my first dslr. a350 or d90

Default Re: wtb my first dslr. a350 or d90

I think both are good cameras. For a newbie, don't dwell too much to the technical parts of gears. Just get a camera your budget allows and shoot a storm out of it. Don't go for the best body for a start. I'm not sure how long your interest will last since you just started out.

Here's why: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/notcamera.htm

Quote Originally Posted by eekin View Post

......so the choice is:
    new nikon d90 kit
    or
    2nd hand d200. ( i like the feel of it. gives me a really full grip feeling.i dun mind it being a bit bulky).....
    ..so fellow csers.. wats ur view if i were to get the d200? is it obsolete cos of its old age? is the d90 more advanced? which cam got the upper hand here..
    -kin
    honestly, i had used D200 and abandoned it. liked its grip, heft..whatsoever..
    but D90 is 2.5 years newer(at least in technology) over D200..
    D300 is an upgrade to D200. D90 gets many facilities from D300.
    so? D200? 2nd hand?

if u like big cam, Canon 40D/50D can be options
    decision is yours..bro. wish u happy on your choice..

Agree... Decision is yours... we can only give you opinions and feedbacks over cameras that are in our possession now.. Dont rush.. Think hard.. but my last advise ... Once bought, dont think too much .. Just keep snapping and ENJOY!!!

D90 man! (:

Deregistered

Sony glasses uses carl ziess :P yummy.. also Sony was formerly by konica minota which IMHO has one of the nicest lens. don;t get me wrong, a D80 user here :P all in doesn't matter which you get, you learn more as you shoot. get the cheapest

D90 gets my vote.. although i'm a Canon user, i love the feel of the D90...

D90 all the way!

I started out DSLR with my D90 and so far it has served me well!

If you're worried about the budget, prolly you can buy the body only and get a good second hand lens, which was what I did. And I spent about 1.6k on it.

Just my 2 cents worth: buying a new midrange model can 'last' till the next release of nikon high end models, and maybe then you're alr a pro and ready to upgrade!

u must try both cameras with their kit lenses in shops.
    then look at the pictures at ISO100 at full zoom (100%), if not on a pc, at least the LCD.
    I do that quite often when new models are out, just to play and kpo.
    I must admit Alpha is catching up fast in their intuitive design of software and hardware of body, but the kit lenses are really BAD!
    My take on a350.
    I tried out a350 at Sony Style. The feel in the hands is like holding a 1000D or 450D. Viewfinder is rather small. The images were soft and significant noise at ISO100. In-body image stabilizer works decently but does not perform miracles. Lens felt plasticy and cheap. Most importantly, the thing that made me put down the camera is the 'recoil' effect from the slapping of the shutter. The 'recoil' effect is so strong that I can feel it in my palms!

Otherwise Pentax is not bad as well, mount supports 3rd party lenses which some are rather impressive.
    Olympus is restricted by Four-Third lenses available.
    Canon is the unmatchable color reproduction off the camera.
    But Nikon is the best because I use Nikon!
    =[toys+photography+reviews]=
    access: a day in the life of a be@rbrick

The feel of the A350 is really plasticky so for the greatest feel in mid-range DSLRs get......
    THE D90!!!
    D700| D90 | 14-24 F2.8 | 85mm F1.4D | 24-70mm F2.8 | 70-200mm F2.8 VR | 17-55mm F2.8 | SB-900 |

Now comparing D90 against D200 huh? I suggest the D90 still. D200... fairly old. Further more. someone in this forum recently upgraded to D90 from D200. Upgrade coz its much better and higher technology than the D200 except for the grip bit.
    D700| D90 | 14-24 F2.8 | 85mm F1.4D | 24-70mm F2.8 | 70-200mm F2.8 VR | 17-55mm F2.8 | SB-900 |

Quote Originally Posted by maximize View Post
    if u ask me to choose again... hmm... i would still choose sony... more of a brand loyalty guy lah
    I really see no point in brand loyalty, unless Sony is paying you to say all that you did. I have seen the output of the A200 and I can't say I'm impressed. If the A200 is anything to go by (and I don't know how much of an improvement the A350 has over the A200), the D90 definitely gets my vote.

Brand plays no part in my decision; output does. The better your output from camera, the less you have to play with it in post, and that translates to less degradation of the digital file.

any1 know wat is the price for D90? body or with kid len....

typo error.....

any1 know wat is the price for D90? body or with kit len....

Quote Originally Posted by capture View Post
    typo error.....

Still have a typo. It's "lens" not "len". There is no "len".
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by capture View Post
    typo error.....

the last price i got from TK with kit is $1660

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12