Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unprofessional photographer

Default Re: Unprofessional photographer

but really...without any witness....if u were to just post him name up.....he might be able to sue u for slander....

make a report...at least keep it a record against him....
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    maswu, u beat me to it.

hi parampita, pls share with us how to direct the model's pose by "directing directly" her boobs and butt.
    haha
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by codyrichards View Post
    I was alone. He said he liked my boobs and rubbed them as he said it etc. I dont mind touching when they are directing but this crossed the line!
    Ok just wanted to let models know really...what's the best way?
    WTF? Ok, I guess that doesn't warrant any benefit of the doubt. I think it will be wise to file a police report cos it clearly is not right.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

Suggestion: lets leave this post and the poster alone - she wants to warn other models. Period. She is not looking for your opinion, or my opinion.

maswu, u beat me to it.

hi parampita, pls share with us how to direct the model's pose by "directing directly" her boobs and butt.
    LOL! That's why I have never tried it mah
    But before knowing what happened between them, gotta give the photog the benefit of the doubt correct?
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

i am not questioning her integraty, but we are only earing one side of the story.

can it be the photog actually wanted her face, boobs and butt in 3 dirrerent directions? i not trying to be funny.
    Last edited by denniskee; 20th October 2008 at 10:55 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

I was alone. He said he liked my boobs and rubbed them as he said it etc. I dont mind touching when they are directing but this crossed the line!
    Ok just wanted to let models know really...what's the best way?
    Being alone will give your statement some benefit of a doubt but usually the law protects women alot...so perhaps you really should try to make a report to the police...theres no best way to inform except mayb you can mass PM to all models but then again...i dun tink its gd...
    Last edited by maswu; 20th October 2008 at 10:55 AM.
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

Pls file police case against the photographer n let the police handle it. Such behaviour cannot be tolerate. It will stop other models being a victim of his too.

Quote Originally Posted by maswu View Post
    Being alone will give your statement some benefit of a doubt but usually the law protects women alot...so perhaps you really should try to make a report to the police...theres no best way to inform except mayb you can mass PM to all models but then again...i dun tink its gd...
    Not really a good idea IMHO, as TS has no concrete evidence.
    The last thing TS wants is the photographer biting back and getting her for slander/libel.

Just learn your lesson, maybe file a report, and bring witnesses next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    Not really a good idea IMHO, as TS has no concrete evidence.
    The last thing TS wants is the photographer biting back and getting her for slander/libel.

Just learn your lesson, maybe file a report, and bring witnesses next time.
    basically PM is private so photographer will have no idea such a thing is happening and secondly i did say i wasnt a gd idea
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

true, at least if the next time another model files similar report, than and maybe than, there might be a case? cause right now there isn't a 3rd party witness.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

true, at least if the next time another model files similar report, than and maybe than, there might be a case? cause right now there isn't a 3rd party witness.
    but then again TS does not have any reason to lie does she? she did not even mentioned wanting to make a report to the police, she merely wants to warn others...
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

basically PM is private so photographer will have no idea such a thing is happening and secondly i did say i wasnt a gd idea
    As I work in an enviro that deals with legal issues... I can tell you that it's always better to be safe than sorry. All it takes is a careless spread of the PM or if someone to blog about it and guess what? It's no longer "private" anymore!

I just don't want TS to get into any more unnecessary trouble than what she already has. Not worth it over such a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    As I work in an enviro that deals with legal issues... I can tell you that it's always better to be safe than sorry. All it takes is a careless spread of the PM or if someone to blog about it and guess what? It's no longer "private" anymore!

I just don't want TS to get into any more unnecessary trouble than what she already has. Not worth it over such a scumbag.
    yeap thats very true..
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

I had a bad experience the other day at a shoot here in Singapore. He was touchy. If anyone wants his name Im happy to give it to you
    Hi Cody,
    Sorry to hear about your bad expericence during your shoot.
    Reading through the other post, I think that you should make a police report about this, at least for your own record so that should the need arise, there is an official record of this happining with this photographer.

To CSers
    Cody is a professional model and I'm sure she knows what is touching for the sake of poseing and where a photographer is allow to touch. Looking at her post, she's not here to vent here anger, flame, or even complain. She's just here to warn other who may be interested to know about this photographer and what happen in case they happen to work with him. I think the what and way she post should be encouraged.
    Last edited by yqt; 20th October 2008 at 11:24 AM.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

I believe it is best that you make a report with the police, at least there is an official report/complaint against this person. Another time a report is being made against him, his name will come out of their (police) computers, this will make the next persons case stronger........

For your case: I would suggest to ALWAYS bring another person with you when doing lingerie or other more 'tricky' shoots.......

Hong Sien

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Hi Cody,
    Sorry to hear about your bad expericence during your shoot.
    Reading through the other post, I think that you should make a police report about this, at least for your own record so that should the need arise, there is an official record of this happining with this photographer.

To CSers
    Cody is a professional model and I'm sure she knows what is touching for the sake of poseing and where a photographer is allow to touch. Looking at her post, she's not here to vent here anger, flame, or even complain. She's just here to warn other who may be interested to know about this photographer and what happen in case they happen to work with him. I think the what and way she post should be encouraged.
    Is she the 1st time doing lingering shoots?
    Doesn't she have another friend (male/female) during the shoot even though she is a professional model.

This brings to mind that I have been feeling concerned about such a scenario.Our CS forum
    include the Serivices Wanted section where alot of requests looking for TFCD shoots especially in the lingerie,semi nude or even nudes genre.Albeit organized shoots whereby
    organisers are around the safety of the models are no doubt protected.

What about individual requests? Of course not everyone is truly a 'predator' out to
    do the unthinkable and I believe that serious photogs are genuine in what they intend
    to do during such shoots-just to shoot for their love of the hobby. But what if temptation
    gets the better of the individual ? Or do the models going for such individual TFCD shoots chaperoned ?

The case here of codyrichards who was alone with the shooter - it's her words against
    his. So this's really quite a hard case to pursue.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

I don't see any point to position you by touching those parts, except arms or feet. You should have ask a fren to go with you.

Stop him from touching and ask him whether he has the photos to show you what he really wants. If he doesn't have and you feel he went overboard, throw back the money and walk out the room. These people really bring bad reputation to photographers who really love it as art!

Nonetheless she is right to warn other models about such ridiculous act.

I don't think it is right for some to tell her to 'be careful next time" or "learn your lesson".

This is just going to make the photographer more daring leading to even worse sexual harassments.

What happens if this victim is your sister/daughter/relative? Are you going to tell her to "be careful next time?"
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast