Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone. (30)

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone. (30)

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    The current owners are as follows:
    12 bLaZeR F.C. 9 2 3 4 7 - 13 -6 9
    13 grumpy babies 9 2 0 7 10 - 18 -8 6
    14 ANG MO KIO Kampong 9 1 0 8 5 - 18 -13 3

You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

BENITEZ PREACHES CALM

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has urged fans and players of the table-topping side to keep calm and not get carried away.

After years of false 'this can be our year' proclamations, Benitez is urging action and not words from Reds ahead of their Anfield clash with POrtsmouth.

The Spaniard wants to keep a lid on expectations after their Stamford Bridge victory over Chelsea.

"It is good to have confidence, but there is a long way to go," sayd Benitez. "I do not want to hear people saying 'we can do this or that.' Forget it. I want them to go out and do it.

"Keeping a lid on expectation is difficult. The fans want to see the team at the top and they badly want the title, so it is difficult to keep our people calm.

"We know we have the responsibility to give the same message to everyone, the fans in particular.

"We are top, and we are pleased to be there. But we also have a clear understanding and vision about the future, and we know there are a lot more games to go.

"The team has confidence and is playing well, but we dare not allow our thoughts to stray too far beyond Portsmouth next.

"But there is a massive difference between this season and previous seasons. There is a character and quality about our team, and I cannot hide this.

"Everything is very positive but we know how difficult it is to win titles so we just must keep going."

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    The current owners are as follows:
    12 bLaZeR F.C. 9 2 3 4 7 - 13 -6 9
    13 grumpy babies 9 2 0 7 10 - 18 -8 6
    14 ANG MO KIO Kampong 9 1 0 8 5 - 18 -13 3

Don't worry, the original owners will return very soon
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

FERGIE: I WANTED LIVERPOOL TO WIN

The psychological games have started early: Sir Alex Ferguson has scoffed at the significance of Liverpool's blistering start to the season by claiming he wanted Rafa Benitez's side to beat Chelsea on Sunday.

The Anfield club are currently three points clear at the top of the table - with champions Manchester United eight points adrift - after ending Chelsea's four-year unbeaten record at Stamford Bridge.

Making clear that he still regards Chelsea as a greater threat to United's domestic crown, Ferguson pointedly remarked in reference to Liverpool's 1-0 win: "That was the result I wanted."

It wasn't, however, the result he predicted. Speaking on Friday, Ferguson dismissed Liverpool's chances of winning the game, telling reporters: "Sunday's game will be very tight, not many goals in it. But Arsenal could win there because they've got the quality to win."

Liverpool, by unspoken implication, apparently didn't.

Meanwhile, Rafa Benitez, unperturbed by the barbs emanating from Old Trafford, has claimed that winning the Premier League would eclipse his achievement of winning La Liga with Valencia.

"To win the Premier League is really difficult," the Spaniard commented. "You can talk about maybe needing 95 points, which Chelsea got one year [2004-05], or 87 points [the tally of United when they won the title last season], and you cannot lose too many games if you want to reach that kind of total. That is the reason why it is more difficult. It is harder to win than La Liga. Chelsea, United and Arsenal will not lose many games. Always you can say that one of them can make mistakes, but all three at the same time? It is difficult."

BENITEZ READY FOR CROUCH BACKLASH

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez expects Peter Crouch to return to Anfield on Wednesday night intent on proving the decision to sell him in the summer was wrong.

Crouch left Anfield for Portsmouth because he became frustrated at spending so much time on the bench, believing it was hindering his England career.

That means Crouch, as well as new Pompey boss Tony Adams, will have extra motivation against the Premier League leaders.

Adams' appointment on Tuesday to replace new Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp adds extra spice to Wednesday night's clash.

Benitez said: "Peter is a fantastic lad, we signed him and wanted to keep him. But we couldn't - he wanted to play more. I still wish him every success and hope he scores many goals for England, but not for Portsmouth this week!

"I am sure he will come here with that extra motivation, I would be surprised if he felt any different playing again at Anfield.

"He did well here, the fans liked him, and we know he will be dangerous."

Commenting on the latest managerial changes in the top flight, he said: "I must admit I was surprised by the changes in management at Spurs and Portsmouth. I know Tony Adams as a player and have great respect for him, I wish him well in his new job. But just as with Crouch, not in this game.

"Adams has taken over a good team with fine players. I consider the situation for Liverpool to be very dangerous, because everyone now expects us to take another three points after beating Chelsea.

"But Portsmouth will have a new manager and determined players, and they have Crouch and Defoe up front, a very good partnership."

Benitez knows Liverpool must not waste the win at Chelsea on Sunday by failing to claim a victory over Pompey.

He said: "It is a crucial week for us. We are at the top for the first time and everybody is waiting for our reaction, to see whether we can handle it.

"So we must concentrate even more now. We must not slip up or lose our focus.

"We are in a fantastic position and we will try to stay there as long as we can.

"The key for me is that the team is working together, all of them helping and motivating their team-mates. That is a massive difference.

"It is good to have confidence, but there is a long way to go. I do not want to hear people saying 'we can do this or that'.

"Forget it. I want them to go out and do it.

"Keeping a lid on expectation is difficult. The fans want to see the team at the top and they badly want the title, so it is difficult to keep our people calm."

He added: "We know we have the responsibility to give the same message to everyone, the fans in particular.

"We are top, and we are pleased to be there. But we also have a clear understanding and vision about the future, and we know there are a lot more games to go.

"The team has confidence and is playing well, but we dare not allow our thoughts to stray too far beyond Portsmouth next.

"But there is a massive difference between this season and previous seasons. There is a character and quality about our team, and I cannot hide this."

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    tonite game got live or not?
    Maybe this was missed.....i'm wondering too....

Is there any live telecast tonite? Checked Starhub online guide, and it doesn't seem to indicate a live game, but possible for last minute changes?

Nizz

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    FERGIE: I WANTED LIVERPOOL TO WIN

The psychological games have started early: Sir Alex Ferguson has scoffed at the significance of Liverpool's blistering start to the season by claiming he wanted Rafa Benitez's side to beat Chelsea on Sunday.

The Anfield club are currently three points clear at the top of the table - with champions Manchester United eight points adrift - after ending Chelsea's four-year unbeaten record at Stamford Bridge.

Making clear that he still regards Chelsea as a greater threat to United's domestic crown, Ferguson pointedly remarked in reference to Liverpool's 1-0 win: "That was the result I wanted."

It wasn't, however, the result he predicted. Speaking on Friday, Ferguson dismissed Liverpool's chances of winning the game, telling reporters: "Sunday's game will be very tight, not many goals in it. But Arsenal could win there because they've got the quality to win."

Liverpool, by unspoken implication, apparently didn't.

Meanwhile, Rafa Benitez, unperturbed by the barbs emanating from Old Trafford, has claimed that winning the Premier League would eclipse his achievement of winning La Liga with Valencia.

"To win the Premier League is really difficult," the Spaniard commented. "You can talk about maybe needing 95 points, which Chelsea got one year [2004-05], or 87 points [the tally of United when they won the title last season], and you cannot lose too many games if you want to reach that kind of total. That is the reason why it is more difficult. It is harder to win than La Liga. Chelsea, United and Arsenal will not lose many games. Always you can say that one of them can make mistakes, but all three at the same time? It is difficult."
    AHHH ! !crappzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Nizz View Post
    Maybe this was missed.....i'm wondering too....

Is there any live telecast tonite? Checked Starhub online guide, and it doesn't seem to indicate a live game, but possible for last minute changes?

Nizz
    what time is the match ?

go under www.channelsurfing.net

watch for free. i always watch and post on CS. haha

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post

what time is the match ?

Should be 4am SG time. And thx for the link. Will check it out now to see how it works.

Cheers

Nizz

AHHH ! !crappzzz

what time is the match ?

me too.

i said byebye to *hup 2 seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nizz View Post
    Should be 4am SG time. And thx for the link. Will check it out now to see how it works.

Cheers

Nizz
    4am!!

me in lalaland.

but no warcry from bro rodz?????

domdomino u do the warcry leh

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    4am!!

me in lalaland.

but no warcry from bro rodz?????

domdomino u do the warcry leh
    okay. you want me do it now?

okay. you want me do it now?
    ya, beta now,.

wait get bro rodz to add in firepower.

blast pockymouth away.

Deregistered

Tonight against Portsmouth . 4am local time... .

GO KYUT !! !

GO RAFA !! ! !

GO LFC ! ! ! !

YNWA

Tonight against Portsmouth . 4am local time... .

GO KYUT !! !

GO RAFA !! ! !

GO LFC ! ! ! !

YNWA

HUAT AH!!

You'll Never Walk Alone!!!

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preview 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

Preview 1st.

wa, so fast chop place.

got use tissue packet boh?

Wah, nobody gave live updates last night?

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post

Preview 1st.

yesh stevie G from the penalty spot!!!! 1-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't watch the match, seems like a scrapy win but I dun give a damn as long as we win!

Woah surprise result last nite Hotcakes drew 4-4 with Arse at Highbury!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    yesh stevie G from the penalty spot!!!! 1-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes...we keep on our winning run...

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Wah, nobody gave live updates last night?
    i think there r no live telecast of the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Didn't watch the match, seems like a scrapy win but I dun give a damn as long as we win!

Woah surprise result last nite Hotcakes drew 4-4 with Arse at Highbury!
    after a good win at chelski,juz a 3 point will do...we cant be playing well every game rite...we r still top of the table,thats what matters,winning when not playing well...

anyway,i dont mind not playing well against other teams yet winning but i think we need to play well against arse,manure & chelski to win which we did...up next is spurs...they will be hi on confidence after coming from behind to draw 4-4 against arse...though i dont think our defence will be so generous to let in many goals...i expect a tighter game this weekend...but i also expect a win,irregardless whether we play well or not...

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141922232425262934 ... LastLast