View Poll Results: Which hue is the most difficult to find / or you've shot the least?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

0 0%
  • Yellow

0 0%
  • Blue

0 0%
  • Orange

1 12.50%
  • Green

1 12.50%
  • Violet

6 75.00%

Thread: Which hue is the most difficult to find?

Default Which hue is the most difficult to find?

I'm wonder how many of you have actually reviewed your pictures to see which hue/colour is the least captured among your photos or appears the least in your photos. I've grouped the choices to 6 hues in general.

1. Red
    2. Yellow
    3. Blue
    4. Orange
    5. Green
    6. Violet

I know it can be a bit personal because some of us has a natural tendency to photograph certain colours or be attracted to certain colours. At times it could be due to the environment we are in or frequently shoot in. Perhaps you can browse through your images and reflect on it. Hopefully it can inspire you to go out and search more for that colour/hue you've always missed!

Default Re: Which hue is the most difficult to find?

Many digital cameras cannot capture violet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect View Post
    Many digital cameras cannot capture violet.
    Ultraviolet or violet ?

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Ultraviolet or violet ?

Ryan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_(color)
    "Spectral violet is outside the gamut of typical RGB color spaces, and although it can be approximated by that color shown below as electric violet, it cannot be reproduced exactly on a computer screen."

If you've tried to take pictures of beautiful violet flowers and have been disappointed, this may be the reason.

Ultraviolet or violet ?

Ryan
    Violet. It will usually render as blue unless the red filter has a provision to allow pass a percentage of spectral violet to trigger the red sensors to give a magenta-ish output to represent violet.

Interesting learnt something new. So the violet will often not be well represented ?

I hardly take violet / purple. But the instances when i took them they looked purple enough for me

Ryan

Interesting learnt something new. So the violet will often not be well represented ?

I hardly take violet / purple. But the instances when i took them they looked purple enough for me

Ryan
    If it's printed fabric, it's usually ok because the dyes used reflects red and blue. It's those true violet found naturally, like flowers, that are hard to capture.

Actually my question is more on which colour is the least common among your pictures instead of the technical aspects of colour we have spun into. However, it's interesting discussion!