Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: third party vs main party (canon, nikon)

Default Re: third party vs main party (canon, nikon)

You ppl are still around entertaining this fella?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    I have shot relatively extensively with a canon EFS 17-55 (maybe 30k photos? Main lens now) and a Sigma 18-50 f2.8 (maybe 150k photos) and Tamron (about 5k photos).

I TOTALLY disagree with canon AF accuracy. The 17-55 f2.8 compares poorly to all other 3rd party I've used. At low contrast, the other lenses perform much better.

Build wise... They're actually equal.
    AF speed... Personally I don't find USM much faster than the other lenses, perhaps marginally faster in some cases.
    Contrast mah... I find them the same.

Seriously I'll say that the Canon is only better because it has quieter focusing, and IS.

The extra $$ I paid for the canon lens, is because I think that the IS is very useful for me. YMMV.
    see, this is one opinion so far that kind of back me up. trust me, there are lot of people out there who is the same position like you. they feel that third party is almost equal, if not better than main party for much less price. but i am so surprised that almost all people here idolize main party so much. sigh. this really impede the discussion of third party vs main party.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    facepalm

Dude! I've read your previous posts and it would be wise if you didn't generalise so much...
    no no, i am not generalizing. i really read a lot of forums outside of this forum. and there are few people who actually think like this. i just basically reiterate what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Someone's friend was telling me he heard from someone else that anyone with the screenname "camerax" is an ignorant fool who talks out of his ass instead of his mouth. Maybe they are the same orifice for him. But then again, I also like to generalise and come out with far fetched opinions.
    alright, my friend, so you are the smart one , eh.

if i was dumb, you are freakin retarded since nobody talkin shits like what you do now.
    if you dont like my idea or this discussion, screw you, then get off from this thread. nobody ask you to come here and discuss. butt head

If you choose to hurl insults of this matter, please get off our forums.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by camerax View Post

this really impede the discussion of third party vs main party.
    so as long as other people don't agree to your basic premise that it's a "lame" thing to buy originals except for upgrading/compatibility and resell price (which are actually SECONDARY issues for many people who buy lenses to SHOOT, and IQ/build are what matters) this "impedes the discussion" does it?

no no, i am not generalizing. i really read a lot of forums outside of this forum. and there are few people who actually think like this." And he "just basically reiterated what they said.
    alright, my friend, so you are the smart one , eh.
    if i was dumb, you are freakin retarded since nobody talkin shits like what you do now.
    .... butt head
    whoa whoa! he was not generalizing. He said "there are few people who actually think like this." and he "just basically reiterate what they said." Sounds familiar??????

Quote Originally Posted by estel View Post
    so as long as other people don't agree to your basic premise that it's a "lame" thing to buy originals except for upgrading/compatibility and resell price (which are actually SECONDARY issues for many people who buy lenses to SHOOT, and IQ/build are what matters) this "impedes the discussion" does it?
    [/B]
    i dont really understand what u saying here. i am not saying that disagreeing with me , impeding the discussion. but read posts above, they are nothing but insults, jokes, etc.

i really like when people disagree with me, thats how discussion starts. if all of us agree in one thing, then thats it, case closed.

but what i wanna hear is, if you disagree, then tell me why. not just spouting some insults or nonsense

btw, you can go see other posts in other forums.

there are so many people out there who actually have the same opinion like me.

read some reviews outside. some people compare the shots taken with tamron lens and nikon lens, some people can sometimes said that third party can outdo main party.. and seriously, i really want to put two identical pics taken with tamron and nikon. see if you can tell which one is which, I DOUBT IT.

again. the way i state my opinion maybe so direct, and i apoligize if i offended some people here. but now, i think its time for people here to have some respect for others. hell, everybody can have their own opinion.

if i think, they are not worth it and the pics quality is the same, thats my opinion. if you disagree, tell me, and we discuss. thats the purpose of this discussion.

not like some idiots above who start to talk craps.

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    If you choose to hurl insults of this matter, please get off our forums.
    are you directing this comment to me? or to that other guy "etropy"??

if you directed this to me, maybe you should see his post that started this fray.

Wah I was hoping to see some discussion when I clicked on this thread but seems like 90% is ppl arguing....

I don't want to get pulled in to the argument but for what it's worth this is my experience:

Bought 3 sigma lenses previously because they were 2/3 - 1/2 the price of the original canon lens. All my friends told me how good sigma was and very value for money so I spent of 1k+ of my pocket money on sigma lenses (over a number of years). I was shooting film all this while with 1 slr so I never noticed this compatibility problem. Only after I changed to digital that I found out all 3 sigma lenses wouldn't work. I bought them to a 2nd hand shop at peninsula and the uncle there told me not worth selling since I'll be lucky to get $100 for each of them (he's not willing to buy from me, only consignment). The irony is that if I had spent a bit more money to get original cnaon lenses I can still use them now and won't be forced to sell them off.... 3rd party ended up costing me more....

It's just all opinion. I say you say he say.

Why argue?

This weekend long weekend, go out and take pictures, lah. Seriously, stfu already.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

are you directing this comment to me? or to that other guy "etropy"??

if you directed this to me, maybe you should see his post that started this fray.
    Of course you la. If he posts a bad comment about you, you should not continue the argument. Just report to the mods. If he gets an infraction, he gets it. If the mod thinks that the comment was true and just, no warnings will be given.

Either way- I can safely say that nobody here likes the arrogant (and yes Kit, ignorant) attitude that you're showing us. Please show respect and courtesy, or think about leaving the forum.

Over at POTN, there is a thread regarding the rental site, lensrentals, announcing that most of their Sigma lenses are "high risk", high risk of failure during a shoot, that is.
    Last edited by Headshotzx; 22nd October 2008 at 10:21 PM.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

This is NOT HWZ.

'Nuff said.

i dont really understand what u saying here. i am not saying that disagreeing with me , impeding the discussion. but read posts above, they are nothing but insults, jokes, etc.
    accusations of "insult" are a bit rich coming from a guy who said "its kind of lame actually to go for nikon or canon lens".

You NEVER got the BASIC point that different people value the IQ, build etc differently and that's their choice, not for something you need to call lame just because it wasn't YOUR choice. This is while your using somewhat high end equipments yourself, a decision you don't think "lame" compared to buying point and shoots (although for SOME PEOPLE P&S is enough).

i really like when people disagree with me, thats how discussion starts. if all of us agree in one thing, then thats it, case closed.
    Unless you want to make controversy and grab attention, people don't talk that patronizingly about things they "want people to discuss". You were either a cheap attention seeker or you really don't know what the heck you are talking about. For starters, since your opinion is "third party sucks" and "it's lame to go canon/nikon" can you give us the alternatives you have for some of the most expensive Canon/Nikon lenses? If you say you don't but you don't think the price is worth it, the point that has been made is that that's your PERSONAL CHOICE and no one steals money out of your pocket to pay for their lenses THEY THINK are worth. The proof that it's worth FOR ME is the very fact that I'm ready to spend my hard earned money.

but what i wanna hear is, if you disagree, then tell me why. not just spouting some insults or nonsense
    Why don't YOU tell US why you think the price/quality ratio for Canons/Nikon "suck" but 3rd parties don't? Do it in objective terms than merely saying "i think" or "80% quality for 50% price is enough *for me*"??? (Or "prove" in your own words.)

there are so many people out there who actually have the same opinion like me.
    But they don't go calling other people's choice "lame" or "canon/nikon value sucks" do they? If they do and don't get told off, probably those forums have a ignore policy in place.

[QUOTE=camerax;4455138]
    read some reviews outside. some people compare the shots taken with tamron lens and nikon lens, some people can sometimes said that third party can outdo main party.
    [QUOTE]

Problem isn't a particular lens or what "some people" "sometimes" say. Problem was your sweeping statement which you can read yourself in the very first post.

and seriously, i really want to put two identical pics taken with tamron and nikon. see if you can tell which one is which, I DOUBT IT.
    Haven't you seen *some* P&S shots that can't be told apart from *some* SLR shots? Does that also mean that going for SLR is "lame"?

[QUOTE=camerax;4455138]
    again. the way i state my opinion maybe so direct, and i apoligize if i offended some people here.
    [QUOTE]

You earn a reputation and you live with it. You don't need to apologize from *me* but as long as you refuse to see your problem and continue hurling accusations at others for "lack of respect of opinion" (did someone say "lame"?) then your apology won't do any difference on your image.

if i think, they are not worth it and the pics quality is the same, thats my opinion. if you disagree, tell me, and we discuss. thats the purpose of this discussion.
    So which third party lens matches the quality of, say, 24-105mm L with the same build quality and same range and same AF accuracy/speed?

not like some idiots above who start to talk craps.
    you, sir, would find it useful learning how to control your temper.

This thread has no purpose other then serving as flame bait. Infraction points given for trolling, name calling and personal attacks. Thread closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345