Thread: Calibration for backlit monitor

Default Calibration for backlit monitor

Hi all,

Currently using a macbook. My photos usually looked ok on my screen, but underexposed on other computers. I suspect that the backlit monitor partly contributed to this problem.

Did a little search and read that spyder 3 is one option for backlit screens, would like to know if there are there any other software available? Would also appreciate it if prices are included.

Default Re: Calibration for backlit monitor

Make sure your gamma setting is set to 2.2 not 1.8, you will be set.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Hi all,

Currently using a macbook. My photos usually looked ok on my screen, but underexposed on other computers. I suspect that the backlit monitor partly contributed to this problem.

Did a little search and read that spyder 3 is one option for backlit screens, would like to know if there are there any other software available? Would also appreciate it if prices are included.
    iOne By X-rite came bundle with my Samsung LED monitor @1699.00 . The iOne alone cause S$1500+-.

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind View Post
    Make sure your gamma setting is set to 2.2 not 1.8, you will be set.
    Thanks for the advice, its was already set at 2.2 some time back. After much squinting and staring at the apple logo and pushing those sliders.