Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

  1. #1

    Default Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro



    The Workshop

    Let photographer Mark Floro guide you step-by-step through the photography and lighting techniques used to make food and products photographs stand out from the rest.

    This intense and hands-on two-day workshop is for photographers who want to specialize in food and product photography.

    The following topics will be covered:

    • Equipment needed
    • Lighting for food & product photography
    • Omnibus lighting for food
    • Sculptured lighting
    • Different styles of photographing food & products
    • Bringing out color and texture
    • Lighting for drinks
    • Finding a good food stylist
    • Tricks to making food look appetizing
    • Problems and treatments in photographing food
    • The business side of food & product photography

    Mark’s experience shooting in film yields a disciplined approach to photography. Despite the availability of digital tools, his method relies on proper technique and execution during the shoot and requires less image manipulation during post production.

    Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Date: Saturday to Sunday, 08 & 09 November 2008
    Venue: Royal Plaza on Scotts
    Workshop Fee: $450 inclusive of mid-morning & afternoon snack, free flow of coffee and tea, and international gourmet buffet lunch

    For reservations & information, send e-mail to jssales.sg@mac.com

  2. #2
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    upz for good workshop organizer...this is a good learning experience for anyone interested. Do sign up.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Could I ask a quick question ... what is the maximum number of participants allowed for this workshop and will Mark be sharing any personal time with each participant, or only strictly in groups?

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    hi, i am very much interested as i am starting to do photography as a hobby and i am into food business. however, could i know more about Mark Floro like projects he did, other worksops, etc...

  5. #5
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by alexander obana View Post
    hi, i am very much interested as i am starting to do photography as a hobby and i am into food business. however, could i know more about Mark Floro like projects he did, other worksops, etc...
    you can see mark's site here:
    http://www.markfloro.com
    check it out its an eye opener...
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    upz for good workshop organizer...this is a good learning experience for anyone interested. Do sign up.
    Thanks for the endorsement!

    - j -

  7. #7
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by jssales View Post
    Thanks for the endorsement!

    - j -
    anytime brudder as a very satisfied former customer I'll be happy be your reference
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Could I ask a quick question ... what is the maximum number of participants allowed for this workshop and will Mark be sharing any personal time with each participant, or only strictly in groups?

    Thanks!
    Hi Dream Merchant,

    We're working out the maximum number of participants as this depends on the final venue. The hands-on portion of the workshop will be conducted in very small groups but the image you capture will be yours.

    Mark will be conducting an on-going critique of the participants' work throughout the 2-day session. There is no structured personal sharing time but I'm sure Mark will be willing to discuss with you as appropriate.

    Cheers,

    - j -

  9. #9

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Hello, I'm quite interested in the workshop, though it is extremely close to my examinations period. Do you think Mr Fluoro'll be coming to do another session in the near future?
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

  10. #10

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    Hello, I'm quite interested in the workshop, though it is extremely close to my examinations period. Do you think Mr Fluoro'll be coming to do another session in the near future?
    As long as there is a demand for the workshop, we can always bring Mark back. He is quite excited and looking forward to upcoming session.

    Do send me your e-mail address so I can include you in our mailing list.

    Cheers,

    - j -

  11. #11

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    About Mark Floro

    Mark Floro is one of the most established food photographers in the Philippines. With a photography career spanning 25 years, he has a client list that includes the biggest names in the food industry such as McDonald's, Pizza Hut, San Miguel Corporation, Nestle, Magnolia Corporation, Knorr, Selecta Ice Cream, Ajinomoto, Kraft, Manila Peninsula Hotel, Del Monte & Kenny Rogers Roasters. His signature work has been used as advertising material, cookbooks, product packaging and specialty publications.

    He is past president of the Advertising Photographers of the Philippines and former director of the Advertising Suppliers Association of the Philippines. Mark also has a BA degree in commercial advertising form the Arts Center, College of Design in Pasadena, California. He is a certified instructor in the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI) and his Food Photography workshop is in very high demand.

    Although known for his work in food photography, Mark also specializes in product, interior and architecture photography. Mark’s portfolio can be found on markfloro.com and markflorophotography.com.

  12. #12
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by jssales View Post
    About Mark Floro

    Mark Floro is one of the most established food photographers in the Philippines. With a photography career spanning 25 years, he has a client list that includes the biggest names in the food industry such as McDonald's, Pizza Hut, San Miguel Corporation, Nestle, Magnolia Corporation, Knorr, Selecta Ice Cream, Ajinomoto, Kraft, Manila Peninsula Hotel, Del Monte & Kenny Rogers Roasters. His signature work has been used as advertising material, cookbooks, product packaging and specialty publications.

    He is past president of the Advertising Photographers of the Philippines and former director of the Advertising Suppliers Association of the Philippines. Mark also has a BA degree in commercial advertising form the Arts Center, College of Design in Pasadena, California. He is a certified instructor in the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI) and his Food Photography workshop is in very high demand.

    Although known for his work in food photography, Mark also specializes in product, interior and architecture photography. Mark’s portfolio can be found on markfloro.com and markflorophotography.com.
    Everytime i look at his port i feel my mouth water...that's a testament to how good he is that he can really make food look that appetizing!
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    I came across a blog post where the writer received comments and suggestions from Mark Floro on his attempt at food photography.

    The link is here.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Would have loved to join, too bad will be in Jakarta. Wish they'll conduct another one soon.
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

  15. #15
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    ups for good workshop organizer and learning experience!
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar View Post
    Would have loved to join, too bad will be in Jakarta. Wish they'll conduct another one soon.
    Yeah! Rescheduled my trip just to attend this workshop... Looking forward to it.
    Saiful Bahar - "I don't care what equipment you use... but what you produce"

  17. #17
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by saifulbahar View Post
    Yeah! Rescheduled my trip just to attend this workshop... Looking forward to it.
    good for u man. it's gonna be really beneficial for u. plus enjoy the damn good lunch!
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    erm 1 question is this workshop understandable for a fully newbie in dslr camera's? because i wana join but im a total newbie any ideas if its suitable?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    Quote Originally Posted by poondq View Post
    erm 1 question is this workshop understandable for a fully newbie in dslr camera's? because i wana join but im a total newbie any ideas if its suitable?
    Ideally, you should have basic photography knowledge and fairly familiar with your camera.

    Should you have further questions, drop me an e-mail at jssales.sg@mac.com.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Food & Product Photography workshop by Mark Floro

    A quick update to those who have signed-up for the Food & Product Photography Workshop with Mark Floro:

    We will begin at 8:30 AM instead of 9:00 AM. This will ensure that we have ample time on both days to cover all topics and activities. The agenda will be sent out later today via e-mail to registered participants.

    Thanks,

    Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •