Thread: Acer Aspire died need help

Default Acer Aspire died need help

Hello all, my acer aspire 18 months old was working fine last night. This morning, the screen suddentely turned sepia and then went black.... After installing vista driver updates, I get the blue screen and now the bloody thing wont even start up.

Recently had it's mother board and LCD changed by acer.....

Anyone have any similar experiences?? And remedies?? I can't even access the system to retrieve my files now.

Default Re: Acer Aspire died need help

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Hello all, my acer aspire 18 months old was working fine last night. This morning, the screen suddentely turned sepia and then went black.... After installing vista driver updates, I get the blue screen and now the bloody thing wont even start up.

Recently had it's mother board and LCD changed by acer.....

Anyone have any similar experiences?? And remedies?? I can't even access the system to retrieve my files now.
    Could be virus could be hardware. Try removing the battery and boot. If still doesn't work, hold f8, get into safe mode and remove the offending software, or reinstall vista, etc. Lotsa ways

If you just had it serviced, bring it back to them. Tell them the service was faulty.
    Alpha

Thanks for the advice....

Bring it back? Well guess I have to.... but let me use this as a warning to all. DONT FREAKING BUY ACER.....

Since I bought the Aspire 5580 in May 2007, this set has gone in for 2 LCD changes, 2 DVD drive changes, 1 dvd driver corruption, 1 vista corruption and 1 motherboard change....

To add insult to injury? After motherboard change, they damaged the bluetooth. Called them up and told them that, they told me to bring back to retify what is their fault.... and after motherboard change, got strange messages like unknown device founded... the technician instead of solving the issue told me "hiya, does not affect the system right? Just ignore the message lor"

Now it's 2 months after the motherboard change and the computer can't start up...

Tried to talk to them to tell them that it's so damn clear I got a bloody faulty set and demanded a replacement... They just give me the "u must be joking look"

NEVER will I buy acer again... only myself to blame for not checking them out before buying!