Default Balloon and the City

Camera: NIKON CORPORATION
    Model: NIKON D50
    Lens: Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    ISO: 200
    Exposure: 1/200 sec
    Aperture: f/8.0
    Focal Length: 18mm

Got some digging of old photos on my hard drive and found a picture that has been a landmark in Singapore which will be gone to make way for a new MRT line in Bugis.

1. Is the composition in accordance to what the title conveys?
    2. Is the sharpening enough or on the soft side?
    3. Is the amount of saturation just right?

For your comments, critics and suggestions.

Default Re: Balloon and the City

I find that the image is a little underexposed. The balloon also takes up too little of the frame. If the balloon is significantly bigger but with the skyline the same it would be much nicer IMHO. I also find that there's too much sky with horizon right in the center.

Can't really determine sharpening from this size - it looks good enough at this resolution.

Can't comment on color and saturation - my monitor at work grossly out of calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I find that the image is a little underexposed. The balloon also takes up too little of the frame. If the balloon is significantly bigger but with the skyline the same it would be much nicer IMHO. I also find that there's too much sky with horizon right in the center.

Can't really determine sharpening from this size - it looks good enough at this resolution.

Can't comment on color and saturation - my monitor at work grossly out of calibration.
    Hi lennyl, thanks for the comment, I would be able to add some brightness to the picture or increase the exposure since I got the RAW file. As for the clouds, can't do anything with it not unless I do PP to remove it.

My vantage point was at the Parkview Square building inside our director's office, got thing the office was still under renovation so only contractors around that time.

Thanks again for the comments and suggestion.

to me, the shadow the hot air balloon lays on its sides are stunning.

i would personally crop off either the sky and leave the baloon with the greens below or do vice versa,with the sky cutting off the grasses.

i do notice there's artefacts or distortions around the buildings. and theres this diagonal jetstreams on the left part of the sky. is that reflection of the glass panel?

There's some reflections of the fluorescent lighting on the window pane. Perhaps can pp that away?
    u took from Parkview Sq? I have the same view from my office too