Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Rebel DSLR.

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Earth, Solar System, Milky Way
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Alamak.....looks like a budget version....I hope Nikon come out with one also!

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Yes yes!! Nikon better come out with D88!! Best if bundled with a 24-105 VR lens!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Yes yes!! Nikon better come out with D88!! Best if bundled with a 24-105 VR lens!
    ...and I know who will be the first here to own it.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonian Foo
    Alamak.....looks like a budget version....I hope Nikon come out with one also!
    I think this is Canon's answer to Pentax's D*ist
    Canon EOS 5D Classic | Minolta X-700 | http://flickr.com/photos/zeus

  6. #6

    Default

    Looks promising. Specifications very close to 10D it seems..... , built quality seems to be the main difference. Hmm...... higher X-sync speed than S2 Pro, and faster motor drive. Performance on paper seem equivalent to the D100. Wouldnt that be a rival to the 10D in many respects ? Hope the price is good. Looks terribly plastiky... argh.

  7. #7

    Default

    apart from plasticky body,
    different button layout
    no custom funciton
    no 3200 iso,
    slightly different batt life.

    its the same as 10D.
    same cmos sensor, same AF.

    and it allows EF-S mount, allowing incredibly cheap wide angle zoom lenses!!

    200 gms lighter, and MUCH MUCH CHEAPER... INCLUDING a 18-55mm EF-S bundled in!!

  8. #8
    ClubSNAP Idol Adam Goi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    5,682

    Default

    Well, what you pay is what you get!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprockett
    apart from plasticky body,
    different button layout
    no custom funciton
    no 3200 iso,
    slightly different batt life.

    its the same as 10D.
    same cmos sensor, same AF.

    and it allows EF-S mount, allowing incredibly cheap wide angle zoom lenses!!

    200 gms lighter, and MUCH MUCH CHEAPER... INCLUDING a 18-55mm EF-S bundled in!!
    The look of the EOS Rebel Digital is really very terrible. Bet they purposely did this so as to justify the difference in cost with the 10D.

    As for ISO 1600 and ISO 3200, 10D users, does the ISO 1600 and ISO 3200 produce usable images in the first place? Or too grainy to consider?

    Think if you buy the package bundles with the lens, will cost more. Supposedly will have option to buy w/o the lens.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Hi

    well u know wat? i have always thought that my 10D (as well as the D30 i once owned) IS the digital rebel.

    guess my camera just got "upgraded" along the product line..... hahaha
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Let us look at the Weight and Dimension of this new rebel comparing to its brothers, here is a comparison. We can see an increasing Rebel to Elan weight and dimension Ratio. The EOS 300D have a grip almost as thick as the EOS 10D

    WEIGHT

    EOS 500N Vs EOS 50
    400g : 595g (67%)

    EOS 300V Vs EOS 30
    365g : 580g (63%)

    EOS 300D Vs EOS 10D
    560g : 790g (70%)


    Dimension

    EOS 500N Vs EOS 50
    146x92x62 : 153x105x71 (90%)

    EOS 300V Vs EOS 30
    130x88x64 : 146.7x103x69 (89%)

    EOS 300D Vs EOS 10D
    142x99x72.9 : 150x107x75 (95%)

  12. #12

    Default

    strange..i dun see the problem with having plastic..

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by djchris
    strange..i dun see the problem with having plastic..
    I always see having plastic as a plus point.

    Plastic don't Rust or Conduct electricity

    I think EOS 300D is 30% lighter than EOS 10D mainly because it is plastic. Those who are used to the weight of a EOS 30 hanging on your neck would not find the weight of a EOS 300D too significant. Can we ask a EOS 10D owner how it feel having 790g plus lens hanging on the neck for a day?

    I am actually quite disappointed that the physical size of EOS 300D is nearly as big as the EOS 10D.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonpgc
    I always see having plastic as a plus point.

    Plastic don't Rust or Conduct electricity

    I think EOS 300D is 30% lighter than EOS 10D mainly because it is plastic. Those who are used to the weight of a EOS 30 hanging on your neck would not find the weight of a EOS 300D too significant. Can we ask a EOS 10D owner how it feel having 790g plus lens hanging on the neck for a day?

    I am actually quite disappointed that the physical size of EOS 300D is nearly as big as the EOS 10D.
    Maybe its a 10D in disguise and we just need some firmware crackers to crack it?
    Last edited by djchris; 21st August 2003 at 02:44 PM.

  15. #15

    Default

    When is this coming out ?

  16. #16

    Default To be honest.....

    I like metal because....
    1) Its tougher and therefore more durable (esp an internal metal structure)
    2) U can ding it, but its harder to crack it
    3) Gives more weight , which I seem to like (personal preference) to aid stability to a certain extend (700gms is a sweet spot for me)
    4) More resistant to wear for very long periods of time (exposure to sweat)..
    5) Will not rust (provided its not steel)
    6) Looks better ( personal preference ), not important to some, but I do like the metal look.
    7) when u walk pass a metal detector , it beeps(jk)
    8) U can use it as a weapon if u have to(jk)
    9) It conducts electricity so that I know it malfunctions when it does(jk)

    I like plastic because...
    1) Makes hanging on the neck less of a strain
    2) It can take wacks to a certain extend without showing any ding
    3) Makes cameras cheaper


    I dont blame the 300D for being totally covered with this environmentally degrading material, to be honest. If its metal, I think the 10D will be seriously out of business. Plastic brings the price down for others to enjoy. I believe the 300D performs 99% as well as the 10D for an amatuer hobbyist.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •