Thread: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

Default Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

Hi,

Looking around for a lightweight tripod for Macro Shooting. Saw a few with the centre column that is able to move along the horizontal axis. One of them is the C-197 n6 from Benro. I would not mind a brandless china tripod but most important consideration would be the weight and price. Could anyone please give some professional advice?

Dom

Default Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by thatzdomdom View Post
    Hi,

Looking around for a lightweight tripod for Macro Shooting. Saw a few with the centre column that is able to move along the horizontal axis. One of them is the C-197 n6 from Benro. I would not mind a brandless china tripod but most important consideration would be the weight and price. Could anyone please give some professional advice?

Dom
    Gitzo Explorer series. that is the choice you shd make.Carbon fiber weight 1.8KG ard $800 plus. or Basalt 2kg cost ard $600, both max load is ard 11kg

benro versatile series shd be another alternative. brand new shd cost ard 450 weight ard 1.6kg for CF max load 4.5KG
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    Gitzo Explorer series. that is the choice you shd make.Carbon fiber weight 1.8KG ard $800 plus. or Basalt 2kg cost ard $600, both max load is ard 11kg

benro versatile series shd be another alternative. brand new shd cost ard 450 weight ard 1.6kg for CF max load 4.5KG
    he's looking for something light and cheap. =D
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II | EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | Speedlite 580EX II
    a student.

I'll recommend Manfrotto 190CXPRO3. Around 400.

if my budget is below 300, does it mean that i could dream of such a tripod? All seems so expensive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thatzdomdom View Post
    if my budget is below 300, does it mean that i could dream of such a tripod? All seems so expensive for me.
    Not all is lost. I have a brand new unused Feisol CT3442 I bought last for $5++. I think I paid $575 for it at that time. Now its much cheaper. It comes with the horizontal attachment. Just PM if you are interested.