Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

  1. #1

    Default Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

    Hi,

    Looking around for a lightweight tripod for Macro Shooting. Saw a few with the centre column that is able to move along the horizontal axis. One of them is the C-197 n6 from Benro. I would not mind a brandless china tripod but most important consideration would be the weight and price. Could anyone please give some professional advice?

    Dom

  2. #2
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by thatzdomdom View Post
    Hi,

    Looking around for a lightweight tripod for Macro Shooting. Saw a few with the centre column that is able to move along the horizontal axis. One of them is the C-197 n6 from Benro. I would not mind a brandless china tripod but most important consideration would be the weight and price. Could anyone please give some professional advice?

    Dom
    Gitzo Explorer series. that is the choice you shd make.Carbon fiber weight 1.8KG ard $800 plus. or Basalt 2kg cost ard $600, both max load is ard 11kg

    benro versatile series shd be another alternative. brand new shd cost ard 450 weight ard 1.6kg for CF max load 4.5KG
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  3. #3
    Member adrianongs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    243

    Default Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    Gitzo Explorer series. that is the choice you shd make.Carbon fiber weight 1.8KG ard $800 plus. or Basalt 2kg cost ard $600, both max load is ard 11kg

    benro versatile series shd be another alternative. brand new shd cost ard 450 weight ard 1.6kg for CF max load 4.5KG
    he's looking for something light and cheap. =D
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II | EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | Speedlite 580EX II
    a student.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

    I'll recommend Manfrotto 190CXPRO3. Around 400.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

    if my budget is below 300, does it mean that i could dream of such a tripod? All seems so expensive for me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod for Macro Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by thatzdomdom View Post
    if my budget is below 300, does it mean that i could dream of such a tripod? All seems so expensive for me.
    Not all is lost. I have a brand new unused Feisol CT3442 I bought last for $5++. I think I paid $575 for it at that time. Now its much cheaper. It comes with the horizontal attachment. Just PM if you are interested.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •