Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insulted at SLS

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug
    I second vince123123. This thread should be restored to the "Consumers Corner and Services" sub-forum [/URL]
    vince123123, got your msg. i'll take that into consideration, and will discuss it with the other mods first, cos as you know, we're still refining the categories and sub-forums. will revert shortly once we come to a consensus.

but thanks for the feedback!!!

vince123123
    Guests

no problem! was wondering whetehr u did see it
    cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    vince123123, got your msg. i'll take that into consideration, and will discuss it with the other mods first, cos as you know, we're still refining the categories and sub-forums. will revert shortly once we come to a consensus.

but thanks for the feedback!!!

Quote Originally Posted by purple
    The camera was a Olyumus MJU 400 & the quote was 625. I checked later & other shops (AP included) never quote below 700. Insulted for nothing - At no point did I even insist they sell at the misquoted price and the rudeness started when they see me reappear (Not even before I open my mouth) Shoppers Beware
    How come i got quoted by Cathay Photo $769.60???!!!!!!!!! on a recent quote last week..

Why?!

Olympus mju 400 digtal @ S$740.00 b4 gst.....
    ** free HP-PS 130 printer (collect from olympus)
    not fair...
    Last edited by innovas1; 21st August 2003 at 03:54 PM.

sounds like u got defrauded by false marketing... shd complain to CASE and the TDB
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

hey anyone make any reports to CASE before?? if there is, wats the respond from them ?

singapore computer IT scene has Hardwarezone for price guide in SLS.
    is there a smiliar one for photography scene so that we can compare?

Default Interesting extract from Case web site

Interesting extract from Case web site
    From: http://www.case.org.sg/cgi-bin/e-sit....pl?1013241264

Complaints [back]
    ------------------
    If you have a consumer dispute, we require you to visit our office (between 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm on Mondays to Fridays) with all relevant documents such as receipts, agreements, etc.

CASE can provide advice and information on consumer disputes to Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and non-citizens on employment passes.

For CASE to take up your complaint for personal redress, you will be required to become a member of CASE and pay an admin fee for us to handle your complaint.

Please note that we are unable to handle the following cases:

You have been given a letter of demand from the lawyer.
    You have been served with a Notice/ Writ of Summons from the Courts.
    You don't have a receipt or supporting documents.
    You bought from a non–registered company.
    Your purchase was made with a foreign–registered company.
    You wanted to terminate your contract/ agreement without any valid reasons.
    You have a landlord and tenant dispute.
    Your problem is on personal loan.
    Your dispute is on investments such as stocks, shares, gold etc.
    You wanted to complain about a commodity trader or bucket shop.
    It's an accident case.
    You are a tourist in Singapore.

Default Penisula Plaza shops

I have similar experience with Worldwide cameras too. Claimed that they have the stock and reserve for me. They even ask me to go and check other stores.

In the end, it turned out they don't have the stock and are making fun of me.

Please don't go there and buy.

I would rather spend another $30+ for better service.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger
    For CASE to take up your complaint for personal redress, you will be required to become a member of CASE and pay an admin fee for us to handle your complaint.
    huh still must pay ar ??? wah cowz ... like tat complaint also must think twice first ...

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    huh still must pay ar ??? wah cowz ... like tat complaint also must think twice first ...
    Complain to CASE about CASE lor, heh

Maybe a BlackList corner should be started where shops, services and products are posted for interest of all.
    It is ok to highlight one's displeasure or unhappiness with a particular shop or merchant, but if CS allows a dedicated section for black-listing, it is at risk of being sued. This is because CS will be liable as it is deemed to have promoted unsubstaniated claims or comments against the shop or merchant. It can be considered as slander. Maybe someone with a law background can enlighted us all (in case I am wrong).

Anyway, there are 2 sides to a coin, and we have only heard one side of the story. I am not discrediting anyone, but we should also hear the other party's claims just to be fair.

Sorry to hear about your (PURPLE) unfortunate experience. I think we will all be more careful should we encounter such ugly and ungracious salespeople.

andylee
    Guests

Default rip off!!!!

What happen if the tourist got rip off???!!! There is some cases when tourist went back to the manufacturers...of course we try to help them,but who do we direct them to?????

Once tourist even tell me he know orchard Rd is really aaarrh........

vince123123
    Guests

are u sure CS "will be liable as it is deemed to have promoted unsubstantiated claims ro comments" ?

hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Retro
    It is ok to highlight one's displeasure or unhappiness with a particular shop or merchant, but if CS allows a dedicated section for black-listing, it is at risk of being sued. This is because CS will be liable as it is deemed to have promoted unsubstaniated claims or comments against the shop or merchant. It can be considered as slander. Maybe someone with a law background can enlighted us all (in case I am wrong).

Anyway, there are 2 sides to a coin, and we have only heard one side of the story. I am not discrediting anyone, but we should also hear the other party's claims just to be fair.

Sorry to hear about your (PURPLE) unfortunate experience. I think we will all be more careful should we encounter such ugly and ungracious salespeople.

I think the problem will be lessen if you're willing to stand by your comments, like with a proper name and identification... or at least you dare to "come out" when they challenge the allegations.

the problem is because most ppl hide behind a nick and make those comments, when the retailers challenge back, no one dares to stand up to be counted.

purple
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by innovas1
    How come i got quoted by Cathay Photo $769.60???!!!!!!!!! on a recent quote last week..

Why?!

Olympus mju 400 digtal @ S$740.00 b4 gst.....
    ** free HP-PS 130 printer (collect from olympus)
    not fair...
    That's the point. The quote (625) is not possible. It was a misquote and they resort to scare tactics to get out of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    I think the problem will be lessen if you're willing to stand by your comments, like with a proper name and identification... or at least you dare to "come out" when they challenge the allegations.

the problem is because most ppl hide behind a nick and make those comments, when the retailers challenge back, no one dares to stand up to be counted.
    Dont' know if you're thinking about me, but I will stand by my comments and face them if they challenge the allegations.

One trait I would like to encourage is for all who come across similar incidents to stand your ground - don't be frightened into going away or buying the products - these people will be encouraged to continue with their bullying tactics. They have to learn to say "Sorry, I made a mistake" in a civilized manner.

Quote Originally Posted by purple
    Dont' know if you're thinking about me, but I will stand by my comments and face them if they challenge the allegations.
    no, I'm not talking about you, just about the general comments about the feasibily of having such a subforum......... and also from past incidents where the retailer came back with a "counter challenge" but the guy who made the allegation just went cold.

purple
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by rueyloon
    no, I'm not talking about you, just about the general comments about the feasibily of having such a subforum......... and also from past incidents where the retailer came back with a "counter challenge" but the guy who made the allegation just went cold.
    OK. Thought it was a general comment as well . . . just need to state my position.

Understand your concern about feasibility. It might not be 100% fool-prove, but for me, the positive outweighs the negative.

I actually check forums for reputable and notorious shops before I do my buying (sometimes its very tedious if the topic is deeply buried). Like Retro mentioned, there are two sides to a coin, sometimes we see one, sometimes, we see both (eg. some love AP, some hate it), we just have to make own decision - I took my chance with AP & the experience was not that great (service wise), but price was good as generally reviewed. I won't even try SB due to overwhelming negative comments. Such forums provide a good guide and starting point for newbies. I, for one have benefited from such discussions in the past. But readers have to understand that there is no guarantee that everything is 100% truth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12