Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

Just to share with you, this incident could cost you a five figure sum.
    Last edited by zaxh81; 17th October 2008 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    why not pull down your website in the meanwhile letting your resident photographers complete their works.
    Just to share with you, this incident could cost you a five figure sum.
    Yap... we are doing that right now. The Management is looking into the Models M department to be removed till it is ready to be host up again. As for the rest of the departments, it will still function as it is I think.

I nearly got my head blew off by them.

Its easy to start up a "modelling agency" these days, just PM all the models in CS and get them to send you the photos, setup a simple website and pay a little bit of money to register the company (which some don't even bother) and there it is up and running, super low cost! We have seen alot of people doing that, even some photographers and models are calling themselves modelling agent!

And when someone pointed out their photos are been used without permission, these people will find some lame excuses, push the responsibility to the models (because they know photographers are kind to the models) and in worst case, shut down their website and register another one again (remind me of those IT shops in SIM LIM Square).

In this case, if you ask the models to send you photos, you should know the photos doesn't belongs to your company. And removing the watermark is definitely a NO NO, otherwise why would the photographers even bother to put watermark in the first place? By putting photography represented by MWS, its like you are claiming the rights to the photos, where you don't even know who ihe photographer is. This is like taking other people's work, remove their watermark and claim its your own!

Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post
    Its easy to start up a "modelling agency" these days, just PM all the models in CS and get them to send you the photos, setup a simple website and pay a little bit of money to register the company (which some don't even bother) and there it is up and running, super low cost! We have seen alot of people doing that, even some photographers and models are calling themselves modelling agent!

And when someone pointed out their photos are been used without permission, these people will find some lame excuses, push the responsibility to the models (because they know photographers are kind to the models) and in worst case, shut down their website and register another one again (remind me of those IT shops in SIM LIM Square).

In this case, if you ask the models to send you photos, you should know the photos doesn't belongs to your company. And removing the watermark is definitely a NO NO, otherwise why would the photographers even bother to put watermark in the first place? By putting photography represented by MWS, its like you are claiming the rights to the photos, where you don't even know who ihe photographer is. This is like taking other people's work, remove their watermark and claim its your own!

Yeah, just realised that the statement was advised wrongly. The Management last informed me that all the models com cards, we will redo and done by our residents, courtesy of the company. I guessed this should be proper and better for everyone.

Deregistered

Hi kelvin

but at least pics ask permission first?

I already have asked Ruo Yao ( model ) abt the pics that she sent.
    I told her the pics can only be use for her own portfoilo and no any other things such as modeling agency as they(agency) got to seek permission for the pictures that is going to be used as a com card.
    And she told me she accidentally add in one pic which is the left one, as i posted ealier on. And another one on the right, she say she didnt even sent it at all. Which mean Agency got it from my portfoilo ?
    As what MyStudio mention earlier on that even if it was credited to me, but without permission is considered "stealing/copyright."
    As i already mention on my front page of my multiply that pictures or what so ever form of pics is protected under the copyright of the law.

And also earlier on i posted on Page 2, showing the differences between RuoYao com card and the pics on my portfoilo, apparently my Watermark has been crop out .

Please enlighten me on this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Hi kelvin

but at least pics ask permission first?

I already have asked Ruo Yao ( model ) abt the pics that she sent.
    I told her the pics can only be use for her own portfoilo and no any other things such as modeling agency as they(agency) got to seek permission for the pictures that is going to be used as a com card.
    And she told me she accidentally add in one pic which is the left one, as i posted ealier on. And another one on the right, she say she didnt even sent it at all. Which mean Agency got it from my portfoilo ?
    As what MyStudio mention earlier on that even if it was credited to me, but without permission is considered "stealing/copyright."
    As i already mention on my front page of my multiply that pictures or what so ever form of pics is protected under the copyright of the law.

And also earlier on i posted on Page 2, showing the differences between RuoYao com card and the pics on my portfoilo, apparently my Watermark has been crop out .

Please enlighten me on this situation.
    Hi Dom, whatever the model has mentioned to you, on my side, I am very sure we didn't get it from you studio host or anyone's studio host. We don't even know any of you guys personal links. I can't probably be searching everyone's websites just to get pictures? Not for me and I doubt my designers are familar with the photographers' websites.

However, the admins are handling the personal emails. Hopefully all matters resolved.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmazda View Post
    Hi Dom, whatever the model has mentioned to you, on my side, I am very sure we didn't get it from you studio host or anyone's studio host. We don't even know any of you guys personal links. I can't probably be searching everyone's websites just to get pictures? Not for me and I doubt my designers are familar with the photographers' websites.

However, the admins are handling the personal emails. Hopefully all matters resolved.
    but im still puzzled that why is my watermark crop out ?
    and who knows ? who took the pics from my web ?

Yes and I guessed the best way will be 'approved by photographer' and 'leave the watermark there'.

The whole department will be back to get all these cards and pictures redone and will be resolved within a week.

I will need the photographers whom have their pictures up on site to drop an email to admin@mediaworkshop.biz so that we can take note of it and make a notice to the model to seek proper permission or sort other forms of solutions to have their com card done by another photographer or whatsoever.

Thank you once again for all CSnappers understanding and forgiveness.
    Just writing in for a friend - namespace to have the photos below removed on his previous post. commercial agency should use their own photographers, its like shareware.

http://www.mediaworkshop.biz/images/...yh_comcard.jpg

Deregistered

but the pics are already on the website.
    and its surely anyone of the ppl working inside that agency took it.

if not , it wont be in the com card. get what i mean ?

However, http://www.mediaworkshop.biz/ has been shut down till further notice.
    Your website is still up and running. And the compcards are still up. You have 2 days left to remove.

where is the photographers? ylsx & luval? hmm... are they working in that company as well?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

The com card is still online.

Visit me at minioldman.com.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    Your website is still up and running. And the compcards are still up. You have 2 days left to remove.
    If by monday pics arent taken out, we will form a class.
    and gather all evidence. and we will take legal action from there !

If by monday pics arent taken out, we will form a class.
    and gather all evidence. and we will take legal action from there !
    wrong lor...

its gather all evidence by now, then by monday not taken out, you guys can start finding lawyers... alot in this forum...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Hi guys, I have checked with the webmaster and it has been removed since yesterday. Try control f5 and see if is still there. The pictures folder has been completely removed from the website and even our own events pictures were not hosted temporily tilll the models picture matters resolved.

Thank you
    Last edited by iluvmazda; 18th October 2008 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    where is the photographers? ylsx & luval? hmm... are they working in that company as well?
    Yeah, I have personally spoke to them and they are helping up as freelancers. Of course you can proceed to check with them.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    I seriously can't see anything over my end.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wrong lor...

its gather all evidence by now, then by monday not taken out, you guys can start finding lawyers... alot in this forum...

i already had my evidence against them .
    this forums alot meh ?

anyone interested to form a class?

i already had my evidence against them .
    this forums alot meh ?

anyone interested to form a class?
    wat course u offering? lol... form a class, so course of action rite...

u want, others dun want, also no use...

Hi guys, I have checked with the webmaster and it has been removed since yesterday. Try control f5 and see if is still there. The pictures folder has been completely removed from the website and even our own events pictures were not hosted temporily tilll the models picture matters resolved.

Thank you
    saw your pm... revisited the site, no need to apologize to me, since i'm not affected... (yet)

but i think by deleting the images, you still did not solve the problem, you said you pass over to the other guys and such... and now u practically leave the site barren. so i'd rather suggest you take down the site and post up an apology instead. doesn't that sound more logical and pleasing to the people affected?

by taking it down mean you admit your negligence, but does not offer your apologies yet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast