Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

  1. #21
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post


    http://www.mediaworkshop.biz/images/...en_comcard.jpg

    the pic on the right.... WE ALL know WHO shot that .... "PHOTOGRAPHY REPRESENTED BY MWS" ?????
    lol . who shoot that ah ?

    ehh , http://www.mediaworkshop.biz/images/...ao_comcard.jpg

    the pic on the left and right . its shot by me, but they crop out my copyright.
    but they put there "Photographed By Dom"

    but they didnt ask me for permission at all ? so what to do ?

  2. #22

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Just sue lah. This kind of ppl dont give chance. Really need to teach them a lesson, Buay hiao pai seh. Gao bin per ( Thick Skin ). That what NBTD....issit ? Sure or not ?
    Mee Poh Man. "I am kampong man"

  3. #23
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Anyone willing to lead the class?

  4. #24
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    First things first, get screenshots and gather evidence

  5. #25
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    First things first, get screenshots and gather evidence
    i got my screen shot already !



    Left and right pics are mine without permission .

    Left Pic from my portfoilo .
    http://domphotos.multiply.com/photos...t_SkatePark#23

    Right pic from my portfoilo.
    http://domphotos.multiply.com/photos...t_SkatePark#32

    As you can see the pics from my portfoilo there are my signature, but they crop it out.

    and my portfoilo clearly states the terms on the front page.

  6. #26
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The last one is a CS-er.
    Is he truly one of the photogs?

  7. #27

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    i got my screen shot already !



    Left and right pics are mine without permission .

    Left Pic from my portfoilo .
    http://domphotos.multiply.com/photos...t_SkatePark#23

    Right pic from my portfoilo.
    http://domphotos.multiply.com/photos...t_SkatePark#32

    As you can see the pics from my portfoilo there are my signature, but they crop it out.

    and my portfoilo clearly states the terms on the front page.

    Have you check with Ruo Yao whether she pass the photos to them or they just "steal" your photos from your website?

  8. #28

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    The model did ask me for permission so I am ok, but what do you mean by " Photography represented by MWS " ???

    Canon 400D|40D & 7D+GRIP|17-40f/4L|24-70f/2.8L|70-200f/2.8L|50 f/1.8|580EX MK2

  9. #29
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    What exactly did you grant to the model? To use as her portfolio? To allow agencies representing her to use for their website? To use, but must include signature? etc?

    The terms of "permission" must be clearly stated to determine whether what was done by the agency represents copyright infringement or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by AK 47 View Post
    The model did ask me for permission so I am ok, but what do you mean by " Photography represented by MWS " ???

  10. #30

  11. #31

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Therefore, for paid shoot, I'll not give the model any photo.
    Visit me at minioldman.com.

  12. #32
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    but im okay if the model have the pics with MY SIGNATURE on it for her portfoilo.

    BUT i didnt agree to the company to have my photos with my SIGNATURE CROPED away.

    so are they in the wrong ?

  13. #33

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Fishy.. they don't have a physical address?
    Some publicly available information is just a single whois away

    http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d...rkshop&tld=biz

  14. #34

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    The model in my post above even remove the watermark in her blog.
    Visit me at minioldman.com.

  15. #35
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by estel View Post
    Some publicly available information is just a single whois away

    http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d...rkshop&tld=biz
    yes. indeed, its Kevin from NBTD.inc strikes back.

  16. #36
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beside Fernando Torress
    Posts
    427

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    my model ( Ruo yao) says , she accidentally put in the pic on the left in the email and send to kelvin . but the right one she didnt sent at all .
    company also didnt ask permission from me.

    pictures are posted on my portfoilo. Ruoyao just grab it . and leaving my watermark there. and she asked me before doing so.
    but than kelvin took it and crop it out. but crediting me, but without permission of using my photos on his website ?

    so meaning the right pic he " stole " it from my website ?
    Last edited by domdomino; 16th October 2008 at 11:41 PM.

  17. #37

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    What exactly did you grant to the model? To use as her portfolio? To allow agencies representing her to use for their website? To use, but must include signature? etc?

    The terms of "permission" must be clearly stated to determine whether what was done by the agency represents copyright infringement or not.
    just verbally gave her permission to have the pics posted on the model agency website...
    the rest are not discussed...
    Canon 400D|40D & 7D+GRIP|17-40f/4L|24-70f/2.8L|70-200f/2.8L|50 f/1.8|580EX MK2

  18. #38
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    yup. mine is there.

    under Model -> Import -> Claire E

    Cant these people do their own photoshoot for their own models/talents that are contracted to them. It just pisses me off that they are so cheapskate to re-use photos that are not taken by their agency themselves....
    eh the local industry is like the one...its no surprise at all. but this makes me glad i dun deal with the local xmms.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  19. #39
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    can just imagine how it will affect the future of photography if the class action gets thru... next time those ppl who leech pictures are going to perish...

    CS photographers v Mediaworks

    sensational...
    popcorn liao
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  20. #40

    Default Re: there is no end ... are ur images in here ?

    Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    my model ( Ruo yao) says , she accidentally put in the pic on the left in the email and send to kelvin . but the right one she didnt sent at all .
    company also didnt ask permission from me.

    pictures are posted on my portfoilo. Ruoyao just grab it . and leaving my watermark there. and she asked me before doing so.
    but than kelvin took it and crop it out. but crediting me, but without permission of using my photos on his website ?

    so meaning the right pic he " stole " it from my website ?
    IMO, if the agency grab photos from you website without telling you, then its consider "stealing" regardless of whether he credits you. They are making money(indirectly) from you photos, so they should at least have the courtesy to seek permission from you.

    It seems like nowadays, these agency and even some clubsnap photoshoot organisers have the misconception that its alright to use your photos as long as they put credit to the photographers without even informing them. As a photographer, I believe you wants to know in advance who and where your photos are been used or published.

    Having said that, I guess we also need to "educate" the models. Most of the photographers are very "kind" to the models and give them permission for the usage of the photos, without stating the terms clearly. In your case, did you allow the models to give your photos to the agency? and since she say she accidentally send the photos to Kelvin, she should also be responsible right? I think if you are going to confront Kelvin now, he will probably push the responsibility to the model and tell you the photos are given to him by her, this has happen many times before....
    Last edited by mystudio; 17th October 2008 at 02:57 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •