Thread: Hello to all... & Where can I rent underwater casing for DLSR camera?

Default Hello to all... & Where can I rent underwater casing for DLSR camera?

Hello to all, new to the forum and wish all well.

I am planning a trip that may have a chance for scruba diving and wanted to rent a underwater casing for my Nikon D100 and Sony A1P video camera..

Would appreciate any leads to the above...

Regards

Default Re: Hello to all... & Where can I rent underwater casing for DLSR camera?

Not sure but if you can find one ask for guarantee that it won't leak, if it leak ask to replace your camera.

I have dived in many countries and seen pro casing leak even if it is their own. For rental ones, lack of familiarity will pose high risk. Also try not to rent diving equipment, your life depend on the equipment that you use...

A bit kiasu, but that is just me when come to safety.

Default Re: Hello to all... & Where can I rent underwater casing for DLSR camera?

Hey John, thank you for the advice and noted.

Probably renting underwater camera casing may not be popular here... so far.. no leads...

Would probably miss the chance of taking the underwater pictues though....

Quote Originally Posted by smoksg View Post
    Hey John, thank you for the advice and noted.

Probably renting underwater camera casing may not be popular here... so far.. no leads...

Would probably miss the chance of taking the underwater pictues though....
    Can try this website
    Goto the following website & select waterproof case -> Digital Camera Case
    http://www.dicapac.com.sg/
    They had all sort of underwater casing that will suit your need.

Hi SoulXion, thank you for the lead.

Have checked up the site and tyring to determine if they offer what I need. It would appear that I need to pay a fee of $5.00 to bring down my camera just for testing their waterproof bag.... hmm...