Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

  1. #1

    Default Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    I am a strap user, using Optech Very good, fast deploy, no hassle and makes the Manfrotto feels light.

    But for storage wise, I think its better to put into a padded bag so that I can put under my bed without the worry of dust and dirt sticking to the ball head.

    So where can get one? Must be cheap. I heard of people spending $70 for a Manfrotto bag and I can't do that. Especially when you can get a reasonable tripod at $88 from Tago PLUS a padded bag.

    Thanx in advance.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  2. #2

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    Can learn to understand you first? - Why not you pay $88 to get the reasonable tripod & use that Tago padded bag then?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1010 View Post
    Can learn to understand you first? - Why not you pay $88 to get the reasonable tripod & use that Tago padded bag then?
    Then the Tago tripod will have bag, but the Manfrotto still dont have.

    Its mentioned as a point of reference.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    But for storage wise, I think its better to put into a padded bag so that I can put under my bed without the worry of dust and dirt sticking to the ball head.
    I would rather use a big plastic bag.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  5. #5
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    I remember Orient Photo (Sim Lim, 6th floor) has tripod bags. But haven't checked the price.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    I would rather use a big plastic bag.
    me too, rather throw away dusty trash bag then clean a tripod bag.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    I did get a tripod bag for myself as it really make things easy for me when I need to carry heavy stuff around.

    I spend about $60-$70(forget the exact figure) for MBA G80 for my Manfrotto Tripod 055Pro. I find it justified for me to do so.

    You can go to cathay to look see look see as not many shops carry Good quality Tripod Bag

  8. #8

    Smile Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    could not agree more. it meets your need to keep dust away. best of all, it is dirt cheap. when it gets dusty, replace it. no cleaning needed. why spend $$ on a bag to keep dust away? after all, you are a strap person. times are bad!

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    me too, rather throw away dusty trash bag then clean a tripod bag.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Departed....
    Posts
    129

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    I am a strap user, using Optech Very good, fast deploy, no hassle and makes the Manfrotto feels light.

    But for storage wise, I think its better to put into a padded bag so that I can put under my bed without the worry of dust and dirt sticking to the ball head.

    So where can get one? Must be cheap. I heard of people spending $70 for a Manfrotto bag and I can't do that. Especially when you can get a reasonable tripod at $88 from Tago PLUS a padded bag.

    Thanx in advance.
    TCW has plain black,padded tripod bags for $30.

    For storage,i agree with the rest, just use a black trash bag. I bought my manfrotto bag on impulse for $50 n till now i still think it's a waste of $$.
    Last edited by bovine; 15th October 2008 at 09:26 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    TCW has plain black,padded tripod bags for $30.

    For storage,i agree with the rest, just use a black trash bag. I bought my manfrotto bag on impulse for $50 n till now i still think it's a waste of $$.
    Thanx.

    Going with the trashbag method first.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  11. #11

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Thanx.

    Going with the trashbag method first.
    When you buy toilet paper rolls from NTUC, request for a big white plastic bag.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: Where to get a cheap padded tripod bag?

    slightly off topic..

    do you guys use a padded tripod bag to check-in your tripod when travelling?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •