Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    but...from the foto, it looks like ur taking foro from the streets rite? like dat oso he want to shout shout?
    yup...are u taking from the streets?
    G

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    If you would like to take photos at the MRT Station for photography propose, it's better obtain a permit from the SMRT.
    Once you got the permit, you be able to take photos at the MRT Train Station without fear of being stop by the Police Security.

    Hope this helps

    Jack

  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Han View Post
    If you would like to take photos at the MRT Station for photography propose, it's better obtain a permit from the SMRT.
    Once you got the permit, you be able to take photos at the MRT Train Station without fear of being stop by the Police Security.

    Hope this helps

    Jack
    mmm... have u tried? been wanting to take photos of moving trains.....

    apply to the control station or to smrt hq?
    G

  4. #84

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Ya Jack, did you tried? They give u a go? If then i think many ppl will start flooding their office after reading this thread!

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    but...from the foto, it looks like ur taking foro from the streets rite? like dat oso he want to shout shout?
    yap, i'm taking from the road and shooting in towards the building

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    yap, i'm taking from the road and shooting in towards the building
    mmm...then i think u got nothing to fear....it is out of his "jurisdiction"
    G

  7. #87

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    yap, i'm taking from the road and shooting in towards the building
    then the guy is over-reacting. overzealous perhaps? lol.or mayb he got quota to 'shout' at a certain number of ppl in a year? but on a serious note, he's too much.
    おれのflickrださ

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    then the guy is over-reacting. overzealous perhaps? lol.or mayb he got quota to 'shout' at a certain number of ppl in a year? but on a serious note, he's too much.
    mmm...maybe can send in the pic to stomp and ask why is he stopping you from taking pic?
    G

  9. #89

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Think taking photos inside the mall might be an issue (applies in other countries as well). Taking external photo still will get such reaction really is puzzling.

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Maybe because an "assult" has taken place and the mall owners do not want the public to know of it, that's why.

    And the thing is that the police over there is not stopping me. It is the mall employee that is enforcing it.

  11. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    Maybe because an "assult" has taken place and the mall owners do not want the public to know of it, that's why.

    And the thing is that the police over there is not stopping me. It is the mall employee that is enforcing it.
    assualt? someone got beaten up?
    G

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    assualt? someone got beaten up?
    yap, it was in the papers.

  13. #93
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    yap, it was in the papers.
    serious? that's bad....but u can ignore the guy because u r not in his mall...
    G

  14. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    serious? that's bad....but u can ignore the guy because u r not in his mall...
    well, he was so fierce shouting and point at me and got "scared" and moved away. that's the last shot I got that captured him.

  15. #95
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    well, he was so fierce shouting and point at me and got "scared" and moved away. that's the last shot I got that captured him.
    haha... try sending an email to the mall and press asking why r u being threatened when u r clearly out of the jurisdiction of the mall....
    G

  16. #96
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Actually as Godzilla said, no need to care him, just continue. I doubt he will dare to bash you up if he is a clearly identifiable security guard at the mall. If he refuses to back down, tell him that if he continues to harass you, you will be calling the police to deal with him. Take out your mobile phone for effect.

    IN your case, the police is even there on site, so you don't even have anything to worry about.

  17. #97

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Tried before, it's OK, hehehehe

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    thanks a lot.

    think the next time when something like this happens maybe I could try that.

    But just curious if there are any restrictions when taking photos of crime scenes, (of course when not hindering the police in their work.)

  19. #99

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    I tried with my guy friend to take photos in the airport before. This is what happened. If you ask the police he will direct you to his superior, then the superior will tell you he doesn't know. So yar... Try your luck! However some places are really strictly no photography.

  20. #100
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    If he doesn't know, it means that you are free to continue taking photos since they themselves don't know

    Quote Originally Posted by cindygerger View Post
    I tried with my guy friend to take photos in the airport before. This is what happened. If you ask the police he will direct you to his superior, then the superior will tell you he doesn't know. So yar... Try your luck! However some places are really strictly no photography.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •