Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 102

Thread: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

  1. #1

    Default Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Will the Security stop you from taking photos in these areas?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Public assessable areas at the Airport, probably no problem, but inside or of the outsides of MRT stations MRT personnell will usually stop you ... unless you look like a tourist taking snapshots. I've even seen a touristy person take a video in full sight of station control, and an MRT personnel walk right by that person and did not even blink an eye-lid.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    You can't take photos in the airport past the security checkpoint I think. The public areas can. But it generally helps if you are using a PnS and look like a tourist.
    Meow!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Just wondering... where exactly is it stated in MRTs that photo taking is not allowed?
    If it's not officially stated, what gives the MRT security the right to bar pple from doing so?

  5. #5
    Senior Member wranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK | TWN
    Posts
    3,476

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Public assessable areas at the Airport, probably no problem, but inside or of the outsides of MRT stations MRT personnell will usually stop you ... unless you look like a tourist taking snapshots. I've even seen a touristy person take a video in full sight of station control, and an MRT personnel walk right by that person and did not even blink an eye-lid.
    They are practising double standard.
    Last edited by wranger; 14th October 2008 at 08:16 PM.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

  6. #6

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    Just wondering... where exactly is it stated in MRTs that photo taking is not allowed?
    If it's not officially stated, what gives the MRT security the right to bar pple from doing so?
    Got. I saw a sign somewhere.Can't remember where though. Will try to take photo of the sign when I get a chance
    Meow!

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sembawang Road, Singapore
    Posts
    1,943

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Got. I saw a sign somewhere.Can't remember where though. Will try to take photo of the sign when I get a chance
    You are going to take a photo of a sign that tells you not to take photos??

  8. #8

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by cerebrus View Post
    You are going to take a photo of a sign that tells you not to take photos??
    Dont worry. I use telephoto to zoom
    Meow!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian View Post
    Just wondering... where exactly is it stated in MRTs that photo taking is not allowed?
    If it's not officially stated, what gives the MRT security the right to bar pple from doing so?
    due to security issues which they are afraid that u r a scout for terrorist groups. u might recee the area for a ploted attack.

    rmb the yishun MRT station incident a few years back?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi.lum View Post
    due to security issues which they are afraid that u r a scout for terrorist groups. u might recee the area for a ploted attack.

    rmb the yishun MRT station incident a few years back?
    yea. and yea again, i believe its been stated in the papers before and you'll see the sign these somewhere (if you look hard enough )

  11. #11

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    yea. and yea again, i believe its been stated in the papers before and you'll see the sign these somewhere (if you look hard enough )
    Thats the problem. I see the obvious signs for NO FOOD and such, but if there is a sign for no photo taking (which I believe there is, since some of u have seen it)... it's definitely nowhere as obviously stated! Now... that's not really fair, isn't it?

    I mean, if you wanna bar something, at least make it obvious!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    i read in a UK magazine before, that it is actually okie for ppl to take pics in the stations, as long as they ensure the pics dun end up on the internet or dun be circulated...nonetheless, when i went for a holiday over there in june, the ppl did stop me.......too bad i only read about that a few months after...

    maybe its the same here...?that by rite can...just tt ........there's a misconception, and the staff just over do it...

  13. #13
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    I've snapped plenty of shots in the airport, so far, no issues unless you're taking photos of the entrances/exits and restricted areas....

    MRT's, I think they are practising quite a bit on the double standards by targetting the DSLR users... those using pns, handphones are not disturbed at all...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  14. #14

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    maybe we can use hp or PNS to snap a shoot then photoshop it lor.. thats the only way out..

  15. #15

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Can do anything but don't get caught!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    thats so difficult. in an open area n u r holding a dslr pointing at the station, how can they dun notice u?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi.lum View Post
    maybe we can use hp or PNS to snap a shoot then photoshop it lor.. thats the only way out..
    Hullo, using a P&S or HP camera (while it can get good results), then photoshop-ing the image, will definitely not magically improve the quality of the image.

  18. #18
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    I believe this issue has been discussed before - a search in the forums may prove useful

  19. #19

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    Ya, if you look like a tourist, usually they will not stop you. Took photos in 'restricted' (for photos) in airport. but we were a big group, and we did not know. only after we took so many group photos, then we saw the sign. Well no one stopped us.

    That was in london.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Photo taking at Airport and MRT Stations

    recently i've been shooting at pasir ris mrt as early as 6.40am when the crowds left and i shot about 8 shots i think, so far there's no one on duties to check.

    so the best thing is do want you want but don't get caught is enough already.
    Nikon D300s|D80|11-16 f2.8|17-50 f2.8|70-200 f2.8|35 f1.8|SB800|

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •