Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash Diffuser Question

Default Re: Flash Diffuser Question

I'm shooting a mass wedding at Expo quite soon,I'm thinking of putting a small bounce card and head aim 45 degrees with maybe a diffuser cap also. Any good suggestion? Me using a SB600, thinking either in iTTL or iTTL BL mode. At Super Night Import 08, I using a direct with the inbuilt clear 'diamond' diffuser plate, seems harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by mutant View Post
    I'm shooting a mass wedding at Expo quite soon,I'm thinking of putting a small bounce card and head aim 45 degrees with maybe a diffuser cap also. Any good suggestion? Me using a SB600, thinking either in iTTL or iTTL BL mode. At Super Night Import 08, I using a direct with the inbuilt clear 'diamond' diffuser plate, seems harsh.
    Use a big bounce card and aim about 45 to 60 degrees for the flash head. Do test out the effects before you take on the job. Without the diffuser. Check your working distance...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Thanx for the tips. Hmm.. Big bounce card.. Palm size u mean?
    I'm using a white card board. Is it better for the cardboard surface to be matt or slightly shiny(glossy)

how about a Gary Fong Whaletail Reporter for you? can watch the video here.. http://store.garyfonginc.com/wt.html

but the original is quite ex.. i know there is a online shop that sells its replica at 1/3 of its orignial price.. its called the Universal Flash Diffuser

hope it helps.. =)
    KM5D Legend soon will end, A700 will rawk my World soon!! :)

Thanx for the tips. Hmm.. Big bounce card.. Palm size u mean?
    I'm using a white card board. Is it better for the cardboard surface to be matt or slightly shiny(glossy)
    At least about C5 envelope if you want to maximise the throw forward...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Found some old 4x6 photo paper and made my first bonce card. Gonna experiment abit with it. Thanks for all the advise again

It's fin playing with home made bounce cards.
    Btw, SB600 no official diffuser cap, have to get 3rd party ones. Realise that it make my picture very slightly more warmer; yellowish abit.

you cud try the demb flip it which is super awesome or you cud diy yourself
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

Alternatively, next time you ta pao noodles, wash the plastic container, cut an 'X' on the cover then can use it over your flash. $0.20 method

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    Alternatively, next time you ta pao noodles, wash the plastic container, cut an 'X' on the cover then can use it over your flash. $0.20 method
    read about it on the web and wanted to try it out. Than my friend passed me his old diffuser cap for his SB-800. Trying to figure out which is better for which situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth83 View Post
    read about it on the web and wanted to try it out. Than my friend passed me his old diffuser cap for his SB-800. Trying to figure out which is better for which situation...
    It depends on situation and the effects you want to create.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quick tips for those using built in flash. wrap tissue paper as a quick solution for less harsher flash effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12