Thread: Use of internal flash.

Default Use of internal flash.

when i take portrait photo with my internal flash fire, i realise something there's shadow behide anyway to take portrait photo with internal flash fired while can reduce the shadow or no shadow.?

any other solution then having an external flash to bounce it...

Default Re: Use of internal flash.

Quote Originally Posted by hkingx View Post
    when i take portrait photo with my internal flash fire, i realise something there's shadow behide anyway to take portrait photo with internal flash fired while can reduce the shadow or no shadow.?

any other solution then having an external flash to bounce it...
    this is a physical problem. You can use something to diffuse the flash a bit but as long as the diffusion surface is also small, you will likely get shadows. Only good way to prevent shadows is to have a larger light source (hence bounce) or several light sources.

However, you may try reducing the flash power with flash exposure compensation to minus, so it will act as a fill flash only providing barely enough light to illuminate only the foreground object. Read a bit about fill flash and you'll get the idea.

Something with bounce flash also can kena shadow. Only can diffuse to soften the shadow a bit. Internal use a tissue paper to try soften the shadow a bit.

Or find a brighter background or illuminate the background (if with proper setup.)

Move the subject further away from the background, or choose a distant background whenever possible. Having a close wall for a background will give strong shadows, even with external (direct) flash.

any other solution then having an external flash to bounce it...[/QUOTE]

bounce flash...assume you are indoor so quite close to a wall rite.

Standing away from wall is a better option but if taking big group may have problem to move a group and yake sometime.

Personally, I would avoid built in flash as much as possible. External flash is always a good idea. However, you need to bounce to increase the light source of your flash.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|