Thread: Aftermath of a game

Default Aftermath of a game

This picture was taken in a Camp. The participants were playing a icebreaking game by blowing the Ping Pong ball into the bowl next to a tray of flour.

The scoresheet shows the flour being smeared on it to show the mess created by the game. The top left corner looks grainy because the picture was underexposed, I need to edit the picture so it looks brighter.

Please help me C&C so I can improve on my skills. THANKS!
    Last edited by takeshi.lum; 24th October 2008 at 07:17 PM.

Default Re: Aftermath of a game

This pic would work in a montage... As a single pic like that, i cannot feel the game by looking at the pic.
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

montage?

background should include the participants?

A montage means a group of shots, a series.

Either way, this image does not really serve to tell much of a story. The scoreboard is seldom a very intriguing subject on its own.

No image
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    No image
    its showing on my side leh.. anyone faces this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi.lum View Post
    its showing on my side leh.. anyone faces this problem?
    not for me, i can see it.

Quote Originally Posted by benedetto13 View Post
    not for me, i can see it.
    I can't.
    Its giving a photobucket error...image has either been moved or deleted.
    Hershey Desai & Deviantart
    Freezing moments in time

Yea fine now It is a decent shot, I like it. But yes I do agree that it doesn't tell a story by itself - at least not this one.
    Come visit my Flickr :)

to me its not decent because the original image was super underexposed. this is after PP which i adjusted the levels and contrast.

to me its not decent because the original image was super underexposed. this is after PP which i adjusted the levels and contrast.
    Knowing that it is not decent yourself, why do you still want to put it up for serious critique? There must be some level of self-critique. Learn to be critical (but not excessively) about your own work.

This picture was taken in a Camp. The participants were playing a icebreaking game by blowing the Ping Pong ball into the bowl next to a tray of flour.

The scoresheet shows the flour being smeared on it to show the mess created by the game. The top left corner looks grainy because the picture was underexposed, I need to edit the picture so it looks brighter.

Please help me C&C so I can improve on my skills. THANKS!
    this would be better given a context, for example, how the flour got there, what the thing is about.

if you look at the picture yourself, what do you think, if you had not participated or witnessed the ongoings?

this is what i think.. ok, there's a pencil, there's a paper with gibberish, and there is flour. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    this would be better given a context, for example, how the flour got there, what the thing is about.

if you look at the picture yourself, what do you think, if you had not participated or witnessed the ongoings?

this is what i think.. ok, there's a pencil, there's a paper with gibberish, and there is flour. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    i shall think abt the story again then i edit the context again. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Knowing that it is not decent yourself, why do you still want to put it up for serious critique? There must be some level of self-critique. Learn to be critical (but not excessively) about your own work.
    composition wise i wanna noe if it is ok. its very underexposed originally because i did not have a external flash and the built in flash will spoil it so i didnt use. in the end i shoot it at a higher shutter speed and do the necessary PP.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    very wise words from shifu caleb