Thread: Question about borders in PS7

Default Question about borders in PS7

I have this burning question in me....regarding borders.

I have been using the canvas size to consistently showcase my pictures..i was wondering if there were other beautiful alternatives to doing borders (E.g. Black, with gradient etc) that other experienced users were showcasing here.

also is there a way to automate the task?

i would appreciate answers.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    I have this burning question in me....regarding borders.

I have been using the canvas size to consistently showcase my pictures..i was wondering if there were other beautiful alternatives to doing borders (E.g. Black, with gradient etc) that other experienced users were showcasing here.

also is there a way to automate the task?

i would appreciate answers.

Thanks!
    How about this,

1. Select the white canvas, fill it with others colours, or even gradient colours.
    2. Use the marquee tool to select a rectangular shape about 20-30 pixel from the border, choose inverse (to reverse the selection), follow by applying a filter like pinch, ripples, wave, etc. You'll get some very nice edges.
    3. Look at the "Photoshop@www thread", look for Janee's url, she have some interesting tutorials on frames.

Better yet get a software title that is designed for printing that has all the bells and whistles you are looking for printing multiple images on one page....

Mind you I am biased here is the link:
    http://www.fotoslate.com

I find that the image rendering with Fotoslate is sort of like Printshop delux meets Indesign... if that makes any sence.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    How about this,

1. Select the white canvas, fill it with others colours, or even gradient colours.
    2. Use the marquee tool to select a rectangular shape about 20-30 pixel from the border, choose inverse (to reverse the selection), follow by applying a filter like pinch, ripples, wave, etc. You'll get some very nice edges.
    3. Look at the "Photoshop@www thread", look for Janee's url, she have some interesting tutorials on frames.

togu..one question...selecting the white canvas means i open up a new file issit?and the fill it accordingly?then place my picture over it?

Quote Originally Posted by Castlesinthesky
    togu..one question...selecting the white canvas means i open up a new file issit?and the fill it accordingly?then place my picture over it?
    Er... I'm thinking of selecting the white canvas area using maybe something like the lasso, or magic wand tool, so that you can change that area from white to some other colours.