View Poll Results: Would you sell all your gears to buy shares now / next few months?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 16.00%
  • No

13 52.00%
  • Yes, but not enough $$ even after sale

3 12.00%
  • No, rather spend more $$ on gears

5 20.00%

Thread: Would you sell all your gears to buy shares now / next few months?

Default Would you sell all your gears to buy shares now / next few months?

Just like to find out
    Feel free to share your views and comments.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Default Re: Would you sell all your gears to buy shares now / next few months?

interesting ..
    but i got nothing to sell ..
    but is a good time to buy

I prefer to sell a few litres of blood to buy shares than departing with my gears.

Ahem.. Who's going to buy your blood? Maybe can consider selling a kidney? It's going to be tradeable soon..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

really ? will there be a WTT (want to trade) 30yrs old kidney for Canon whole system thing soon?

jking.

but no, i will save more money now for rainy days.

well, if you bought Cosco call warrant from MBLeCW90302 yesterday, you would have made a 100% profit today

the saying "saving for rainy days"... I think a lot of pple will save up during bad times... which imo is wrong

one should save up already in anticipation of bad times... not when entering bad times. 'Coz during bad times, there's a lot of bargain hunting! Cheaper cars, cheaper tours, cheaper gears, etc.

So if you saved during good times, now is the time to splurge!

but then again... it takes a lot of discipline to save during good times. we're human after all

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang View Post
    well, if you bought Cosco call warrant from MBLeCW90302 yesterday, you would have made a 100% profit today

the saying "saving for rainy days"... I think a lot of pple will save up during bad times... which imo is wrong

one should save up already in anticipation of bad times... not when entering bad times. 'Coz during bad times, there's a lot of bargain hunting! Cheaper cars, cheaper tours, cheaper gears, etc.

So if you saved during good times, now is the time to splurge!

but then again... it takes a lot of discipline to save during good times. we're human after all
    I second that chisiang. For those, who have purchased shares in the past few days...should received 5-7% gain today...

We'll see...
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Definitely consider. I am selling some gear now though not specifically to raise cash for share investments.

Though unlike shares camera gear can only depreciate And I am not gaining anything non-tangible by leaving them underutilised in the dry cabinet.

One can never tell, the market might slide further despite recent gains.

Time to do some stock picking...

my gear earning me more than shares...hehe...so keeping them

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    I second that chisiang. For those, who have purchased shares in the past few days...should received 5-7% gain today...

We'll see...
    Yah loh, another round of gain today....
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS