Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: My seiko part II

  1. #1

    Default My seiko part II

    1


    2


    3
    Fujifilm XE-1, Fujifilm X100, Panasonic DMC-GH2, Ricoh GRD

  2. #2

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    4.


    5.
    Fujifilm XE-1, Fujifilm X100, Panasonic DMC-GH2, Ricoh GRD

  3. #3
    Member fastshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    3rd Mile Stone
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    The Marine Master is very nice. I thought it wasn't available here.

  4. #4

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Should have noticed the reflection of a window grille, that should have been eliminated.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  5. #5
    Senior Member wranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    UK | TWN
    Posts
    3,477

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    The pics are nice but look out for the reflection.
    UK HMS Photojournalist

  6. #6

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    marine master is sweet. you have excellent taste in dive watches.

    try a CP filter next time can help cut down the reflection.

  7. #7

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    just a suggestion.. probably stop the watch at 10:10 o'clock position?
    [Canon EOS 5D II + 40D | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II + 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II] [Fuji X-Pro1 + XF35mm f/1.4]

  8. #8

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Quote Originally Posted by jdredd View Post
    marine master is sweet. you have excellent taste in dive watches.

    try a CP filter next time can help cut down the reflection.
    Could have just used a window w/o grille mah...
    Suggestion; to have it against a mirror.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    just a suggestion.. probably stop the watch at 10:10 o'clock position?
    OT; but why ar, most watches ads are at 10:10? hehe...
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  9. #9

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Quote Originally Posted by cheguthamrin View Post
    Could have just used a window w/o grille mah...
    Suggestion; to have it against a mirror.



    OT; but why ar, most watches ads are at 10:10? hehe...
    10 10 is the standard hands position for watches ad. but can change if it blocks the brand name or certain unique design.

  10. #10

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Reflection problem you need to solve.

    Continue shooting.

    Nice MM.

    Wish I had one.

    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  11. #11

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    I think the reflections are nice

  12. #12

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Nice watch u have there! Someone told before that watch time at 10:10 because it meant 十全十美 in chinese, correct me if i'm wrong. Most watch ads is taken with the glass removed, if i'm not wrong. Alternatively, u can use a polarized filter.

  13. #13

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldgkt View Post
    Most watch ads is taken with the glass removed, if i'm not wrong.
    Last time maybe.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  14. #14

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Thanks for all your kind comments, the reflection is purposely left on to give a more 3-D perspective with reference to the dial, so as the hands and markers will stand out. Noticed the shots you will still be able to see clearly the dial markings and wordings. Probably will try another perspective next time.
    Fujifilm XE-1, Fujifilm X100, Panasonic DMC-GH2, Ricoh GRD

  15. #15

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Quote Originally Posted by blacvios View Post
    Thanks for all your kind comments, the reflection is purposely left on to give a more 3-D perspective with reference to the dial, so as the hands and markers will stand out. Noticed the shots you will still be able to see clearly the dial markings and wordings. Probably will try another perspective next time.
    It can work for the watch enthusiasts but not enough for the photography enthusiasts here. Thats why they objected to the reflections.

    I can see where your coming from, I do that to most of my watch photos all the time, but the glare must be added selectively and must be subtle and controlled. Put it at the side instead of letting it splatter all over.

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3022/...e98eec4f_o.jpg

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/...3f8ab33a_o.jpg

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3127/...3e87cba9_o.jpg
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Nice watch... it will look nice if its taken in a white box

  17. #17
    Senior Member TheChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the action is
    Posts
    2,304

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Nice photos and watch. Which camera did you use to take those photos?

  18. #18

    Default Re: My seiko part II

    Fuji f31fd
    Fujifilm XE-1, Fujifilm X100, Panasonic DMC-GH2, Ricoh GRD

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •