Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: Tang Shooters XLVI: TCSS Thread...

Default Re: Tang Shooters XLVI: TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by gglankie View Post
    Hi all, i need C&C on this.. Any where need to improve, be it pose, expression, DI, PP? Please advise.. Thanks...

Vicky
    hello butties.....
    there is something below her left eyes which i find bit distracting, maybe can PP away ?

Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    Thanks. So which lens do u recommend to replace my 18-70 kit lens.
    Buttie, like what feb says, noe what u wan to shoot most first.

Lemme share my experience. I started off with 18-200 sigma. Then got my nikkor 50 1.8. So i able to shoot landscapes to tele as well as beginner portraits. Then I found that as a landscape lover, i need UWAs. I got my 10-20 1.5 years back and never sell it off. Thereafter i got my 80-200 2.8 for shooting events.

Slowly i got poisoned... I sold off my 50 1.8 and got CZ 50 1.4. I simply love this pc of glass... A keeper definitely.

For macro, i started off with a tamron 90 2.8 for a year before my nikkor 105vr. A definite keeper again for macro.

And when poison strikes more, i got the 24-70 2.8 for the flexibility for weddings and events.

When all these are getting dull, u go CLS. With a SB800 and a SB600 and nikon, the wonders of light befalls the dark and the DARK SIDE prevails. I simply love shadows... wahaha...

Well hope my story telling is not too boring...

Hi all, i need C&C on this.. Any where need to improve, be it pose, expression, DI, PP? Please advise.. Thanks...

Vicky
    Bro, my honest comments Crop a bit too tight. Cheeks highlights blown. I dun mean blown highlights are bad but highlights and shadows if used well is the key to making a subject stand out. In this case, i guess the treatment results in the blown highlights? Is it a slight cold tone or desat treatment? I would love to see how the original look like...

Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    Buttie, like what feb says, noe what u wan to shoot most first.

Lemme share my experience. I started off with 18-200 sigma. Then got my nikkor 50 1.8. So i able to shoot landscapes to tele as well as beginner portraits. Then I found that as a landscape lover, i need UWAs. I got my 10-20 1.5 years back and never sell it off. Thereafter i got my 80-200 2.8 for shooting events.

Slowly i got poisoned... I sold off my 50 1.8 and got CZ 50 1.4. I simply love this pc of glass... A keeper definitely.

For macro, i started off with a tamron 90 2.8 for a year before my nikkor 105vr. A definite keeper again for macro.

And when poison strikes more, i got the 24-70 2.8 for the flexibility for weddings and events.

When all these are getting dull, u go CLS. With a SB800 and a SB600 and nikon, the wonders of light befalls the dark and the DARK SIDE prevails. I simply love shadows... wahaha...

Well hope my story telling is not too boring...
    notch boring. very inspirational.
    i'm still trying to find my footing where lenses are concerned and what i want to shoot
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    notch boring. very inspirational.
    i'm still trying to find my footing where lenses are concerned and what i want to shoot
    No worries bro... slowly u will find out one... for me now, i wan to BBB but really see no pt in upgrading liao. I rather concentrate on utilising each pc of glass to the fullest. Coz ultimately its really the man behind who is the architect to capture the moment. I see lots of potential in ur shots.

hello butties, need a favor from the fellow canonites, anyone can lend me a 24-70L for my cousin wedding next sun 26th oct before i ghost rent it for $40? i can take from chiu in sunday morning/ sat night and return chiu on mon (holiday!) morning.

ur help is greatly appreciate as the munny i saved goes to my light sabre fund

Thank you everyone for that gracious greetings.

BUT WHERE IS MY PRESENT?

I NEED 70~200 OR MAYBE 300

I not choosy one ok

hahahaha

Edward
    Nikon D700 | Nikkor 18~200mm | 105mm | 24~70mm | SB800

Vicky
    buttie
    1.remove the blemishes, eg. above eyebrow, below the eye
    2.framing is too tight, should include the elbow
    3.smoothen the skin, i mean the part below her eye.

btw buttie, u fancy black/white alot.

o mayb we should have some exercise where we all ps the same photo. learn from each others.
    Last edited by juste_millieu; 17th October 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Febrita View Post
    Hi Nirenj: Saw you inquiring after various lenses.
    Perhaps the easiest way to know what you really want/need is by listing your preferences in shooting. This is very personal and no one else can do this for you. Here's an example of a list (#1 being your most fav topic. Please note that this list is just an example and by all means not exhaustive at all):

1. Portrait
    2. Macro
    3. Sports/Action
    4. Landscape/Scenery
    5. Street photography

You will save yourself a lot of guess work when you know which topics interest you most, which give you the best 'feel good' feeling, which generate the most enthusiasm when you shoot. Don't think of 999mm or 9mm first. Otherwise, you'd be buying a lens and then have to shoot to suit the lens instead of developing your areas of interests ...

My next advice, once you have a list in hand, is to research various magazines and forums such as www.dpreview.com or http://lens-reviews.com/ (this one some times isn't up to date) for your #1 topic .. then you cross reference with a local content at CS (we have a thread on lenses, i think). For magazines, you can visit a bookstore and easily browse: Practical Photography, DSLR User Magazine, etc. They have the latest lens reviews.

Then, when you've found your second lens (and have lotsa fun with it), you'll find that your initial list may change after lots and lots of shooting.

So, the process above? Rinse and repeat
    Hope this helped.
    Oh, one more thing that I almost forgot! It's best that you 'settle down' with your kit lens for a while. The purpose of this is to get acquainted with various types of topics (macro, landscape, action, street, etc.). At least have a go at each topic once (i know the kit lens isn't for every topic, however, have a feel first). By then, you'll get an idea of which areas drive your (first) passion. The time to 'settle down' differs from one photographer to another.

Anyway, these are just my two cents' worth

When I first picked up a DSLR, I read and read and read lots of magazines and forums. Went out to shoot every weekend on my own. That's how I realised that macro and animal shooting are my first loves
    (ok, my husband always comes first! errr .. mmm .. yes, first! definitely!)

Member/Tangshooter

hi bro,

I am no portrait master, I am here to contribute my feelings towards this shot only. Hope it gives you some clue towards what others will feel about this shot.

the subject definitely look relax, which is one of the most important factor for portraits, you have done well here

composition wise, I find it is good too, nothing much to pick upon.

lighting is the one I am not so comfortable with, but not sure what exactly is wrong here, perhaps the direction of the light is too low, it gives a "ghost" feeling ( light directed from below the chin ). I prefer side lightings from the 10 O'clock direction downwards.

I also find this shot a little too sharp, I think this is just personal, I do not like too sharp shots, especially with portraits... prefer softer.

keep shooting , you have done well,
    Kang Liat Keng

Vicky

No worries bro... slowly u will find out one... for me now, i wan to BBB but really see no pt in upgrading liao. I rather concentrate on utilising each pc of glass to the fullest. Coz ultimately its really the man behind who is the architect to capture the moment. I see lots of potential in ur shots.
    thank you buttie
    but since the day i got my camera, been working with kit lens. so i hope to at least get another lens by the end of the year.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by mapper48 View Post

BUT WHERE IS MY PRESENT?

I not choosy one ok

hahahaha

Edward
    Uncle! I have a 300mm ruler!!!!

BUT WHERE IS MY PRESENT?

I not choosy one ok

hahahaha

Edward
    I gib chiu moi buttock tmr night... wahaha...

thank you buttie
    but since the day i got my camera, been working with kit lens. so i hope to at least get another lens by the end of the year.
    no worries... when BBButties come together u will sure BBB!

Quote Originally Posted by Febrita View Post
    Uncle! I have a 300mm ruler!!!!
    Thank you, I use that ruler to "whip" everyone for not buying me present.

Hahaha

I gib chiu moi buttock tmr night... wahaha...
    No way, I don't need that, yuks, ouch, aunty please take over. HaHa

no worries... when BBButties come together u will sure BBB!
    Ok, so when BBB comes, I charge all to your account. Wow that's gonna be a very good birthday present for me. Start worrying now

But anyway, thanks guys for the sweet thoughts, your laughters and cheers are already a good present, but for a best present, don't forget to buy me lens.

Nikon D700 | Nikkor 18~200mm | 105mm | 24~70mm | SB800

Bro, my honest comments Crop a bit too tight. Cheeks highlights blown. I dun mean blown highlights are bad but highlights and shadows if used well is the key to making a subject stand out. In this case, i guess the treatment results in the blown highlights? Is it a slight cold tone or desat treatment? I would love to see how the original look like...
    Kuantoh has said what i wanted to say. (:

Right now the uneven highlights is resulting in the nose to look flat.. Cuz of the surrounding shadows.

No way, I don't need that, yuks, ouch, aunty please take over. HaHa
    with pleasure, now..where are my cable ties.....
    蓮花仙子

Those going to Canon Marathon, enjoy ya shoot and hope you guys wins top 3.

Those going Malacca, see u guys later.

Quote Originally Posted by simpleliving View Post
    hello butties.....
    there is something below her left eyes which i find bit distracting, maybe can PP away ?
    hmm, i think its abit like blackened slightly, i try to pp away..

hmm, buttie, 1stly, this is the original pic i took, no cropping done, 2ndly, u mention highlights, meaning the subject or the backgrd? if talking about the subject, should i tone down the subject brightness? thirdly, i think i overdo the treatment, i never reduce the brightness. lolx. 4thly, i am trying this new spilt tone treatment. although i dun see it is, lolx.. 5thly, i can post in flickr of the original when u are back from Malacca.. Enjoy ur trip... have fun...

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    buttie
    1.remove the blemishes, eg. above eyebrow, below the eye
    2.framing is too tight, should include the elbow
    3.smoothen the skin, i mean the part below her eye.

btw buttie, u fancy black/white alot.

o mayb we should have some exercise where we all ps the same photo. learn from each others.
    kekeke, buttie, i reallie fancy B/W alot, i gg to learn B/W darkroom soon.. wanna join me in PSS?

1. i will try my best to remove the blemishes..
    2. i din do cropping, cos its from the way i took that day..
    3. my smoothening very bad, can u and KT teach me someday.. please..
    4. i will post the actual size in CS then those ppl interested can PP their own way..

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    hi bro,

I am no portrait master, I am here to contribute my feelings towards this shot only. Hope it gives you some clue towards what others will feel about this shot.

the subject definitely look relax, which is one of the most important factor for portraits, you have done well here

composition wise, I find it is good too, nothing much to pick upon.

lighting is the one I am not so comfortable with, but not sure what exactly is wrong here, perhaps the direction of the light is too low, it gives a "ghost" feeling ( light directed from below the chin ). I prefer side lightings from the 10 O'clock direction downwards.

I also find this shot a little too sharp, I think this is just personal, I do not like too sharp shots, especially with portraits... prefer softer.

keep shooting , you have done well,
    Kang Liat Keng
    Hi Bro, tks for the advise and confidence u gave me... But I have a few questions, regarding side lightings, if lighting is from 10o'clock, means i can fill her below chin with some shadows, right? So as not to make it look like ghost. i agree with this very good point pointed out. tks.

as for the softer image to pp out, i realie not good at it.. but i will try my best to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Kuantoh has said what i wanted to say. (:

Right now the uneven highlights is resulting in the nose to look flat.. Cuz of the surrounding shadows.
    Hi buttie, if lets say i use flash that day for this kind of scene, is it adviseable or will the outcome be good? I too think that this PP makes her look very flat..

Hi all Butties, thanks for the valuable advise, i appreciate alot. i will go redo and repost for C&C agn.

looks good me likes the pose and face expression. like she's looking for (or missing) something/someone

i not so good in portraits so can't be as critical as i would like

its okay buttie.. anyway tks for your time to C&C..

Konbanwa !!
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    Konbanwa !!
    fwah, gabin buttie, u ish sho late, allz go sleep riaoz..

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast