Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Colour Negative Film, Colour Reversal Film??

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    596

    Question Colour Negative Film, Colour Reversal Film??

    I happened to wander into FujiFilm's Website. What's the difference between Colour Negative Film, as compared to Colour Reversal Film?

    Also, how does a professional ISO400 film from Fuji compare to Kodak MAX 400 or Fuji Superia 400? (I use these 2 most of the time). Going overseas next month and considering the usage of these "pro" film abroad. Thanks!

    Regards,
    Alvin

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, North Area
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    I happened to wander into FujiFilm's Website. What's the difference between Colour Negative Film, as compared to Colour Reversal Film?

    Also, how does a professional ISO400 film from Fuji compare to Kodak MAX 400 or Fuji Superia 400? (I use these 2 most of the time). Going overseas next month and considering the usage of these "pro" film abroad. Thanks!

    Regards,
    Alvin
    Negative films=normal films where your film after developement is in black and white. i.e. the normal negative films we all see. Called negative cos the films colours like in the negative, i.e. dark colours become light and vis verse.

    Colour reversal film= a.k.a. slide films. Your films after developement like mini pictures. Colour and everything you take is on the film itself. Use mainly for slide projection. Most ppl like me love slide films because the colour is more vibrent then your normal negative. Guess you've to try to know.

    Ask for professional ISO400 film, I only used fuji press 800. Not bad when compare to your normal films. Colour are more saturated but still can't compare to slides. But I like the high ISO rating... I guess you really have to try a few roll before you know the different.

    Hope all this helps....

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Hi Kira! Thanks for the info. Darned website lol. In their consumer section they labeled slide films as slide films. Not "colour reversal"! So technical!

    About the slide film, I'm new to film. And am actually shooting a roll of Fujichrom ISO100 slide film, to try it out. Problem is, it's ISO100 and quite limiting to where I can shoot - i can only get acceptable shutter speeds in broad daylight

    How do the consumer ISO400s fare against the consumer ISO100s in term of grain and colour?

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, North Area
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    Hi Kira! Thanks for the info. Darned website lol. In their consumer section they labeled slide films as slide films. Not "colour reversal"! So technical!

    About the slide film, I'm new to film. And am actually shooting a roll of Fujichrom ISO100 slide film, to try it out. Problem is, it's ISO100 and quite limiting to where I can shoot - i can only get acceptable shutter speeds in broad daylight

    How do the consumer ISO400s fare against the consumer ISO100s in term of grain and colour?

    Thanks!
    fujichrome ISO 100? You mean Provia 100? YOu should try taking Micro with Provia 100 man.... God knows how many rolls I burn before understanding how to take Micro with Provia 100....

    ISO 100 limiting? Not neccessary true. Depends on what setup you have. Try using a faster lense, if not worst come to worst, use a tripod or flash. I did use my Provia 100 for normal outdoor day shoots, and it turns out okie.

    If you're asking about ISO 400 and 100 slides films, the different isn't much.... Well except for the fact that Provia 400 is 2 stop faster, so better for micro and other condition, and also much more expensive. But Provia 400 do get very grainy when push to ISO 1600 even when view on the slides itself.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, North Area
    Posts
    507

    Default

    I use to take negative but then after trying out Provia 100, been using it ever since. Besides, it's cheaper to develope when compare to negative. Provia 100 only $4+ per roll at RGB, some more can get within 3 hours.

    Also, been buying bulk loaded Provia from Dagger. Only $6+ to $7 per roll.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Good evening Kira,
    I just checked my film canister, it says "Sensia 100", some consumer film i guess. Anyhow, my kit lens is relatively slow @ 3.5-5.6. But ok for casual users like me. But I do wanna experiment, hence the tryout with the sensia film

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore, North Area
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alvin
    Good evening Kira,
    I just checked my film canister, it says "Sensia 100", some consumer film i guess. Anyhow, my kit lens is relatively slow @ 3.5-5.6. But ok for casual users like me. But I do wanna experiment, hence the tryout with the sensia film
    Sensia 100 is a slide film that needs E6 process rather then the normal C41 that is use for your negative. You can try processing it at RGB which cost only $4+ and can get within 3 hours. Normal labs usually takes 3 days to develope slide films.

    For more information on sensia 100 refer to this link....
    http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...ID=NEWS_547187

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •