WTD Fan Profile...
a small town just west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Day job: Freelance writer
Your website or blog: The Online Photographer (TOP)
Favorite photographer: Maybe Helen Levitt, just at this moment, since "Crosstown" was the last photobook I looked through (this morning). Tomorrow, another book, another favorite.
Your favorite WTD strip: One I commissioned Aaron to draw for me about TOP. I still get a kick out of it.
A website we should all check out: APUG. I love looking at all the B&W work.
A website we should all NOT check out: Fix News
Favorite comic strip BEFORE What the Duck: Charles Schultz was your genre's Rembrandt, no?
Describe the best photograph you've ever taken: I would, but I haven't taken it yet.
What is the one piece of gear on the top of your wish list: A Benchmark USB DAC.
Describe WTD in one word: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Your first camera ever: It was a Kodak Instamatic 104. I shot lots of film with it, too. And I still have it.
The first thing you ever bought online: I don't recall, but I'm sure it was a book.
Favorite piece of WTD merchandise: The Bokeh shirt!
Your favorite piece of gear: My Apple. I've worked on Apples since the original 128k Mac in 1984.
Your biggest pet peeve: I don't know if it's the biggest, but for some reason I can't stand it when people spell "lose" with an extra "o."
A rant: Pixel-peepers! 'Nuff said? Photography is not about cameras. It's about seeing.
A rave: Must viewing: Amy Poehler, Jon Stuart. The world's two funniest people since Mitch Hedberg checked out. Looking forward to that "Office" spinoff!
If you could photograph one famous person - who and why: The duly-elected U.S. President in 2057, because it would mean I've lived to be 100 and that the Constitution survived Bush.
Suggest a question I should have asked you: Why I haven't written a book. Since you didn't ask: workin' on it.
2008 Aaron Johnson

More...