Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wear simi during shoot?

Default Re: Wear simi during shoot?

Whatever that is comfy to you lah. Whetehr outdoor or indoor...bermuda is my choice. Having to arrange props, squat to take low angle shots or climb ladders....you need to make sure mobility is free and easy. I alway have a medium size towel with me even in an air con studio hehe I sweat too easy when I move about shooting. It gets worst when I do outdoor shoot. A quick dry material like Nike sports wear or even the Nikon tee shirt we all bought last year ( black or white) that is good material that dry fast. I should look into getting a few more from chngpe01. Heard he still have some when some jokers back out last minute heh

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    Dis may sound a bit lame but it seem there isn't any thread abt wear simi attire lor.

Basically just wanna noe wat attire shooters normally wear during their shooting?

For me, normally would be my trusted GIO plain t-shirt wif a printed bermuda

SG weather hot hot mah....

If shooting in air-con place or function leh, I would go wif a short sleeve shirt and jean
    Anything where you feel comfortable lor but of cos have to be legal la

I always bermudas and tees
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

I have seen photographers wearing slippers to functions at Raffles Hotel (Raffles Food and Wine).

Seen photographers wearing bermuda shorts to weddings too.

My company organise events (for VIPs) and if we see any photographers who do not follow the dress code will not be allowed to enter..........which includes photographers from the press.

For basic event knowledge, a photographer should not wear too sloppy. Skills counts but so is your dress code. Imagine if you approach by a photographer who wears bermuda shorts and slippers (imagine seeing his toe nails are long and dirty).......I would be put off with that.

Singapore weather maybe hot and humid but nobody is pointing a gun at your head to wear a coat, long sleeves and tie with long pants and leather shoes. Have some courtesy and respect the guests of the event.
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 23rd October 2008 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    A quick dry material like Nike sports wear or even the Nikon tee shirt we all bought last year ( black or white) that is good material that dry fast. I should look into getting a few more from chngpe01. Heard he still have some when some jokers back out last minute heh

there are other brands with similair fabrics. i have those from Bossini & Reebok.

sometimes depends on season for certain brand.

wear nothing

Or wear dark colours, so reflection from your shirt won't affect the metering when using incident meter hohoo
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

i always wear my fav "WRONG" t-shirt, jeans, and sandals...

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I have seen photographers wearing slippers to functions at Raffles Hotel (Raffles Food and Wine).

My company organise events (for VIPs) and if we see any photographers who do not follow the dress code will not be allowed to enter..........which includes photographers from the press.

For basic event knowledge, a photographer should not wear too sloppy. Skills counts but so do is your dress code. Imagine if you approach by a photographer who wears bermuda shorts and slippers (imagine seeing his toe nails are long and dirty).......I would be put off with that.

Singapore weather maybe hot and humid but nobody is pointing a gun at your head to wear a coat, long sleeves and tie with long pants and leather shoes. Have some courtesy and respect the guests to the event.
    Plus one. I too will not hire people who does not respect the event, host or guest.

There are too many photographer with skills, too simple to hire another photographer who dress appropriately.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post

For basic event knowledge, a photographer should not wear too sloppy. Skills counts but so do is your dress code. Imagine if you approach by a photographer who wears bermuda shorts and slippers (imagine seeing his toe nails are long and dirty).......I would be put off with that.

Singapore weather maybe hot and humid but nobody is pointing a gun at your head to wear a coat, long sleeves and tie with long pants and leather shoes. Have some courtesy and respect the guests to the event.
    yep, if you can't even be bothered to dress appropriately for my event, i would be worried about you bothering to do a proper job.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    yep, if you can't even be bothered to dress appropriately for my event, i would be worried about you bothering to do a proper job.
    I just shot a wedding 2 days ago and even the videographer wears shirt and jeans (not those torn and faded jeans). They showed me a good impression and if I have lobang/deal, I will recommend to my clients.

I have mentioned to ALL my friends and client that photographers must wear to the blend with the occasion. If they don't, just look for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12