Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: ND vs GND

  1. #21

    Default Re: ND vs GND

    Quote Originally Posted by sgwong View Post
    then what the CPL filter use for?
    CPL ? Polariser. Reflections vs cutting thru glass. Adds another bit more stops as well like an ND. 2/3 stop or 1/2 stop I think.....
    Snap ?

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: ND vs GND

    Quote Originally Posted by sgwong View Post
    then what the CPL filter use for?
    It cuts down reflections on glass, water or foliage, darkens your skies etc.

    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...larizers.shtml

    Quote Originally Posted by ianwurn View Post
    CPL ? Polariser. Reflections vs cutting thru glass. Adds another bit more stops as well like an ND. 2/3 stop or 1/2 stop I think.....
    It cuts light, usually a stop at least; it doesn't add stops.

  3. #23

    Default Re: ND vs GND

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    It cuts light, usually a stop at least; it doesn't add stops.
    Yep, sorry. Wrong choice of words...
    Snap ?

  4. #24

    Default Re: ND vs GND

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Eh? Why stack so many NDs? Just get a ND200 and be done with it.

    (I'm serious, it exists.)
    only aware of nd400 (which i use, just lost it)

    and B+W has a nd1000.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: ND vs GND

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    only aware of nd400 (which i use, just lost it)

    and B+W has a nd1000.
    Oh ya ya, that's the one.

    How did you lose it? Omg.

  6. #26

    Default Re: ND vs GND

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Oh ya ya, that's the one.

    How did you lose it? Omg.
    Now I'm curious.... Where to get one of these ? Is it in Cokin P format ?

    Thanks ! heh heh heh......
    Snap ?

  7. #27

    Default Re: ND vs GND

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Oh ya ya, that's the one.

    How did you lose it? Omg.
    running up and down cliffs and beaches..

    and leaving it in a loose hoodie pocket.. i lost my 77mm replacement lenscap (dropped the original into the river at richmond)... from now on all filters will go into jeans pockets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •