Thread: Canon's Zoombrowser is horrible... any substitues ?

Default Canon's Zoombrowser is horrible... any substitues ?

I've a A40 powershot, and I use Canon's zoombrowser to D/L (using a PCMCIA slot on my laptop) simply because if I use XP to d/l, XP labels the pictures "picture 1 , picture 2 , etc... " everytime I start to d/l a new batch. This results in similar file names. If I simply drag and save the files, the file names are like .... IMG1023, IMG1092 etc... , but that may result in duplicate file names as well. My A40 saves the files under folders, and it renews a folder whenever a certain number of pictures is reached... . Using zoom browser, the images are saved with the folder number infront of "IMG1023" ... so it looks like this (for folder 107) ... IMG107_1023 ... which results in a very unlikely case of duplication. I can't do this without the zoom browser.... . BUt I hate using the zoombrowser because the database sometimes loses everything, and I have to "refresh" it which takes a long time. ANother thing is if I rename, edit or rotate a picture in XP, I have to update the zoombrowser.

Is there a program out there that would take the files in my CF card, and rename it in a unique way ? I prefer to use XP to browse my pictures. Cheers

well i hope the ACDSee 5.0 software is compatible for WinsXP

one of the highly recommended file database viewer

u can do file batch renaming for easy record

Quote Originally Posted by xmen1977
    well i hope the ACDSee 5.0 software is compatible for WinsXP

one of the highly recommended file database viewer

u can do file batch renaming for easy record
    Yes, it works on xp, one of the best.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Yes, it works on xp, one of the best.
    and let us not forget, it is one of the fastest JPEG decoding viewing programs around. but of course, when it comes to CRW/RAW files...

Angry

ACDsee is good, but it gets buggy after a while... Hence the irritation... Always hangs up when I'm trying to view exif data from the browser...

How about a combo of free softwares, like Downloader from Breeze to download the images from your digicam, and Irfanview for image viewing (it does batch renaming, batch conversion, thumbnail viewing, slideshow etc)

:Later,