Thread: question: Queenstown festivities

Default question: Queenstown festivities

Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone living in the Queenstown area, specifically near the old bowling alley and theater, could tell me what the recent week long festivities were all about (huge Chinese dinner in the open field, auction, and opera). I tried asking a couple of people at the event but they spoke little English. I Googled it and suspect it's related to the Monkey God of Singapore. Thank you

Default Re: question: Queenstown festivities

Quote Originally Posted by okinawasan View Post
    Dear all,

I would be grateful if someone living in the Queenstown area, specifically near the old bowling alley and theater, could tell me what the recent week long festivities were all about (huge Chinese dinner in the open field, auction, and opera). I tried asking a couple of people at the event but they spoke little English. I Googled it and suspect it's related to the Monkey God of Singapore. Thank you
    I believe it's the 9 Emperor Gods Festival.

Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Maybe the host who threw the festivities, struck lottery big time. Could be his way of giving thanks and sharing the joy.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by okinawasan View Post
    Dear all,

It is the nine emperor god festival which fall on yesterday, (9 day of Lunar 9 month).

thank you