Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SUP rises , Singtel fix line rise , what is next?

Default Re: SUP rises , Singtel fix line rise , what is next?

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    HAhahha.. Why are people stressed over a 10 dollar increase in fix lines? Like 83 cents per month?

Yes you are right. $10 from a telephone bill is nothing.
    But add 22% PUB bill...
    2% GST...
    More ERP...
    Food court increase pricing due to 22% PUB bill...

Not sure what going to increase again...maybe handphone bill soon since fix line increase $10. It is snow balling to a considerable sum of billing monthly.

For the rich dun mind but the middle income family will somehow feel it.

Complain also no use

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    You can cut down on a lot of these...
    electricity! - turn off whatever u dun use and buy energy efficient devices.
    newspaper! - this is not a necessity... I have been living for years without them. Besides, there is free Today and My Paper and online papers from all over the world!
    telephone! - Cut off your singtel line la... my home doesn't use one. Use handphone and only for necessary calls. If wanna chit chat with friends, meet them to chat.
    hospitalisation? - Keep a healthy lifestyle and be careful so as to minimise this.
    conservancy? - OK, this one no choice must pay.
    water? - reduce and recycle as much as you can.
    gas? - can also reduce... dun boil water for ages before adding in the food to cook. Using a pressure cooker can reduce cooking times by 80%!
    GST? - This one also no choice...
    postage rate? - Use email as much as is possible.
    TV license? - Ok, this one no choice also unless you can live without TV.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhh...............
    Broadband? How to cut that one?

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    You can cut down on a lot of these...
    electricity! - turn off whatever u dun use and buy energy efficient devices.
    newspaper! - this is not a necessity... I have been living for years without them. Besides, there is free Today and My Paper and online papers from all over the world!
    telephone! - Cut off your singtel line la... my home doesn't use one. Use handphone and only for necessary calls. If wanna chit chat with friends, meet them to chat.
    hospitalisation? - Keep a healthy lifestyle and be careful so as to minimise this.
    conservancy? - OK, this one no choice must pay.
    water? - reduce and recycle as much as you can.
    gas? - can also reduce... dun boil water for ages before adding in the food to cook. Using a pressure cooker can reduce cooking times by 80%!
    GST? - This one also no choice...
    postage rate? - Use email as much as is possible.
    TV license? - Ok, this one no choice also unless you can live without TV.

Sighhhhhhhhhhhh...............
    Broadband? How to cut that one?

HAhahha.. Why are people stressed over a 10 dollar increase in fix lines? Like 83 cents per month?
    the momentum of the rate of price hikes is stressing us.

An increase in the face of recession irks alot of people. I have seen many less fortunate families in Singapore where things barely meet, and ANY hike is the last thing they need now.

Ryan

Also why the need to increase price of basic necessity when they making huge profits? Same for SPH.. Straits times now cost $1 when their profit increase more than 17%...

All companies seems to loose or making less money except those with Sing in their company name.... Well done.... at the expense of us????

Deregistered

more death rates.

Obituaries section will have its own papers.

On contrary, Productivity will increase. As people don't want to be the one that is retrenched when the soon dreaded retrenchment exercise comes along. And when retrenchment comes, will you say no to taking on more work? Afterall, if you don't do it, you will be shown the door and there will be lots of people willing to do your job. End of the day, corporations and large companies save money and sometimes even increase profits.

For us? Either be your own boss or work harder to keep your job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12