Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i don't think your data comes from banks only. could be from all those contest application forms that you have filled up. data marketing is a big thing. some banks do purchase contact data from these data banks and do their own cold-callings.
    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    I highly suspect so too...
    Don't have to suspect, 100% confirm, chop sign and seal, true
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #22
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Don't have to suspect, 100% confirm, chop sign and seal, true
    How do you know so well?? You're one of them?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    sigh... not I wan to participate one... my wife "participated" on my behalf.
    Like that bo pian liow lor. Win, share the prize with her, no win, you get all the crap calls
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    How do you know so well?? You're one of them?
    no lar, but one of my client is in this business
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  5. #25

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I'm getting quite a bit of calls recently from those cards companies... the worst thing is that they are "pushing" something I already have... exactly same product from exactly same company.

    I've tried "backlisting" phone numbers whenever I receive such calls.. but it's ineffective.

    It's getting out of hand and need advice on what are to options to permanently stop such nuisance.
    Get free incoming.. Tell them you're not interested. If it fail to get them to hang up, then either put them on hold or hang up on them.

  6. #26
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Get free incoming.. Tell them you're not interested. If it fail to get them to hang up, then either put them on hold or hang up on them.
    Free incoming does not apply to O'seas roaming calls...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #27
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    i got tired of trying to humour them or irritate them... when they tell me they from XXX bank, i just end call on the spot without so much as a goodbye.

    OT - one ERA agent called me one night with one of those 'are you selling ur flat? we got buyers' crap... i asked the agent, if i sell my flat to her, will ERA sponsor me a condo. left her a bit blur for a while, and then she asked 'does that mean you are not selling?'

    i just hanged up.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  8. #28

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    thanks.. I wish I can entertain them... but roaming charges are expensive.
    Shucks.. you're roaming? No caller ID also huh.... Sigh...
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 7th October 2008 at 05:03 PM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Free incoming does not apply to O'seas roaming calls...
    Haven't got to that post..

  10. #30
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Shucks.. you're roaming?
    This is the IRRITATING problem... so how?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  11. #31

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Shucks.. you're roaming? No caller ID also huh.... Sigh...
    will be in another couple of days time... will be away for long time too. that's why now I'm cracking my head since I still want my line active for other uses.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  12. #32

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    I'm getting quite a bit of calls recently from those cards companies... the worst thing is that they are "pushing" something I already have... exactly same product from exactly same company.

    I've tried "backlisting" phone numbers whenever I receive such calls.. but it's ineffective.

    It's getting out of hand and need advice on what are to options to permanently stop such nuisance.
    Same situation here and it has been on going for a while now. Yes, tt is forever those few banks going round and round selling the same products. My 'experience" is the time they call are very predictable. Weekday, lunch time 11.30 - 2 pm and evening between 5 - 7.30pm for credit card/finanical product. Weekend will be in the afternoon for gym/spa member.

    If I'm in town, I will just ignore those call that have no number display. If out of town no choice but most of the time my mobile is off as I'm in and out of meeting.

  13. #33

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    will be in another couple of days time... will be away for long time too. that's why now I'm cracking my head since I still want my line active for other uses.
    If this is for work, presume your company will pay for the tel bill?

    I always ask my wife/parents/colleagues/close friends (those frequent caller) to text me instead. And I will return their call.

  14. #34

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by anttz View Post
    If this is for work, presume your company will pay for the tel bill?

    I always ask my wife/parents/colleagues/close friends (those frequent caller) to text me instead. And I will return their call.
    Nope... company will give the "local" phone there.

    Looks like I'll have to follow you and use the SMS method. Thanks.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  15. #35

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    will be in another couple of days time... will be away for long time too. that's why now I'm cracking my head since I still want my line active for other uses.
    If it's going to be for quite a long period, sometimes it's cheaper to go for their prepaid or a short term post paid plan and give the number only to those people whom you'd expect to get calls from. Carry another phone and use your SG line only for text like anttz suggests.

    You can also use skype to keep in touch with your family.

  16. #36

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Isn't it a pain. We own a mobile phone but we can't use freely.

  17. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    I had a call from this joker; he was trying to sell me one of those quick loan thingy with interest-free first 6 month. I told him I wasn't interested cos I dun need a loan to do anything. I was quite stumped when he asked me, "But why? It's interest-free"

  18. #38
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic View Post
    I had a call from this joker; he was trying to sell me one of those quick loan thingy with interest-free first 6 month. I told him I wasn't interested cos I dun need a loan to do anything. I was quite stumped when he asked me, "But why? It's interest-free"
    Tell him.... I'd only be interested if I dun have to pay it back.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  19. #39

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    I just tell them I'm not interested, firmly but nicely, and thank them. After-all, they're just doing their jobs.

    If they get persistent, I lower my voice to a sneering whisper and ask them, slowly, if they understand English.

    Works all the time.

    Or you could get Zac to teach you the SEXPoser way of getting rid of them!
    You might pick up a few leg-humpers along the way though!

  20. #40
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: How to stop all those unsoclitated calls?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I just tell them I'm not interested, firmly but nicely, and thank them. After-all, they're just doing their jobs.

    If they get persistent, I lower my voice to a sneering whisper and ask them, slowly, if they understand English.

    Works all the time.

    Or you could get Zac to teach you the SEXPoser way of getting rid of them!
    You might pick up a few leg-humpers along the way though!
    Give them a low guttural growl....?
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •