Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 574

Thread: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

  1. #541

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Hi,

    Any HID addicts here? Have those USA/ebay type 6" reflector 35W HID and also the ebay 50W/38W torch. Just purchased the new version 65W/45W HID, same form factor as the 50W/38W. Not sure if the battery can supply enough juice. But apprarently the 50W with so-called "12V 6600mAH" Li-ion can do just over 70 mins burn time, tried it twice already. Initially was more afraid of the burn time (ie batt capacity) than the throw capability or what. Actually it throws nearly as well as the 35W with 6" reflector, and has a larger hotspot. So its pretty good for the price....the 65W is just usd$138 shipped via EMS.

    I always bring a flashlight or two whenever I go to a certain Indonesian town, always get blackouts but usually none too long nowadays.

    What is the current throw monster / brightest stuff (actual lumens) for LED? Have they gotten past the thermal hurdle? (don't think so). Out of touch already....but I know great advances have been made these few years, nowadays they are testing LED streetlamps in Jurong East and some parts I think....so I think the emitters shd be really good nowadays going past 100 lm/W and high power?

  2. #542
    Member king2penn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Hi,

    Any HID addicts here? Have those USA/ebay type 6" reflector 35W HID and also the ebay 50W/38W torch. Just purchased the new version 65W/45W HID, same form factor as the 50W/38W. Not sure if the battery can supply enough juice. But apprarently the 50W with so-called "12V 6600mAH" Li-ion can do just over 70 mins burn time, tried it twice already. Initially was more afraid of the burn time (ie batt capacity) than the throw capability or what. Actually it throws nearly as well as the 35W with 6" reflector, and has a larger hotspot. So its pretty good for the price....the 65W is just usd$138 shipped via EMS.

    I always bring a flashlight or two whenever I go to a certain Indonesian town, always get blackouts but usually none too long nowadays.

    What is the current throw monster / brightest stuff (actual lumens) for LED? Have they gotten past the thermal hurdle? (don't think so). Out of touch already....but I know great advances have been made these few years, nowadays they are testing LED streetlamps in Jurong East and some parts I think....so I think the emitters shd be really good nowadays going past 100 lm/W and high power?
    I recently brought in a 35/80W HID and I was having difficulty finding a far enough distance to challenge the HID at its max 8000 lumens. Btw, the Olight SR90 is the brightest commercially available light mass produced in the market if you are interested

    steven

    PS: I saw you on CPF as well and I have an account there under the same name. We both posted on the yao hid thread! haha

  3. #543

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Quote Originally Posted by king2penn View Post
    I recently brought in a 35/80W HID and I was having difficulty finding a far enough distance to challenge the HID at its max 8000 lumens. Btw, the Olight SR90 is the brightest commercially available light mass produced in the market if you are interested

    PS: I saw you on CPF as well and I have an account there under the same name. We both posted on the yao hid thread! haha
    Eh brudder! Haha....what a coincidence, you are a local somemore you are on CS! I thought very little chance finding a SGrean there esp after the CPF crash.

    Aiyah, wasted....could have tagged on to your shipment or something and share shipping etc. You mentioned you are a distributor of lights, you do Auto HIDs/sound or something? Really have no idea how to bring in the Yao 35/80W myself...my queries went unanswered on alibaba (one guy could sell 1 unit min)
    Also I think it will be expensive? Mind sharing the $$$, or can PM.

    Thinking no point if its expensive, just get the SM5200 and mod. Then again there is probably very little space inside. And I think it may not be prudent to run the Yao at 80W for too long a period, like > 30 mins 1 shot. With my regular 35W "Amondotech" (come to think of it this thing is like 7 years liao), the lens and front part plastic covering the reflector is hot like there is no tomorrow with a 1hr burn. 80W is like 3X the heat, definitely. Ballast sure pecha 1 day if its used like the guy MSTOLL is using as a video light for his cave videography work. I think the Yao 80W can maintain a 2hr burn time at 80W.

    I reckon 100W ballast overdriving the car kit H1/H4 bulb would be cool, get a kit so still have 1 set as spare. heh.... Not really expensive.

    SR90 is cool....but based on physics its still no match for a $100 Amondotech / Power On Board leh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTyuMMRvZU

    And SR91 - Trustfire X6 beamshots + intensity (check out the brief farther scenes inside)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXP8vN20LBM

    I am waiting for the CSM-360 to come down in price.....so that'll be err.....2 years wait?

    Seriously if I dig LEDs it'd be the smaller stuff, like a Ultrafire C8 XM-L, value for money, useful in everyday's life. HID is dragster territory (and many variants in dragsters also...fun).

    Well my place at Pinnacle @ Duxton, you can aim all you like.....I face Batam so that's 21km. hahah..... But at 50th storey you can play all you want. Since we are on a photography forum, the issue really is whether or not the night is a clear one. We can get a 1000W shortarc and we still would be unable to see if its hitting Vivocity 2km away, coz the visible mainbeam washes out everything.

  4. #544
    Member king2penn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Eh brudder! Haha....what a coincidence, you are a local somemore you are on CS! I thought very little chance finding a SGrean there esp after the CPF crash.

    Aiyah, wasted....could have tagged on to your shipment or something and share shipping etc. You mentioned you are a distributor of lights, you do Auto HIDs/sound or something? Really have no idea how to bring in the Yao 35/80W myself...my queries went unanswered on alibaba (one guy could sell 1 unit min)
    Also I think it will be expensive? Mind sharing the $$$, or can PM.

    Thinking no point if its expensive, just get the SM5200 and mod. Then again there is probably very little space inside. And I think it may not be prudent to run the Yao at 80W for too long a period, like > 30 mins 1 shot. With my regular 35W "Amondotech" (come to think of it this thing is like 7 years liao), the lens and front part plastic covering the reflector is hot like there is no tomorrow with a 1hr burn. 80W is like 3X the heat, definitely. Ballast sure pecha 1 day if its used like the guy MSTOLL is using as a video light for his cave videography work. I think the Yao 80W can maintain a 2hr burn time at 80W.

    I reckon 100W ballast overdriving the car kit H1/H4 bulb would be cool, get a kit so still have 1 set as spare. heh.... Not really expensive.

    SR90 is cool....but based on physics its still no match for a $100 Amondotech / Power On Board leh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTyuMMRvZU

    And SR91 - Trustfire X6 beamshots + intensity (check out the brief farther scenes inside)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXP8vN20LBM

    I am waiting for the CSM-360 to come down in price.....so that'll be err.....2 years wait?

    Seriously if I dig LEDs it'd be the smaller stuff, like a Ultrafire C8 XM-L, value for money, useful in everyday's life. HID is dragster territory (and many variants in dragsters also...fun).

    Well my place at Pinnacle @ Duxton, you can aim all you like.....I face Batam so that's 21km. hahah..... But at 50th storey you can play all you want. Since we are on a photography forum, the issue really is whether or not the night is a clear one. We can get a 1000W shortarc and we still would be unable to see if its hitting Vivocity 2km away, coz the visible mainbeam washes out everything.
    Hehe 2100, my post count here is less than yours. Guess I am more of a flashaholic rather than a photographer. Would really love that invitation to Duxton, heard you can bring 1 guest up to enjoy the view (me?). Im thinking of bringing in the yao but I need more interested people otherwise no point bringing in. I got a sample with me at the moment but its an ugly shade of green. Anyway im posting a review of it on CPF and i got some beamshots over a limited distance (about 300m). Here it is:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...shots-Pictures

    Hope to hear from you soon. (Im also bringing in the SR90 btw)

    steven

  5. #545

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Quote Originally Posted by king2penn View Post
    Hehe 2100, my post count here is less than yours. Guess I am more of a flashaholic rather than a photographer. Would really love that invitation to Duxton, heard you can bring 1 guest up to enjoy the view (me?). Im thinking of bringing in the yao but I need more interested people otherwise no point bringing in. I got a sample with me at the moment but its an ugly shade of green. Anyway im posting a review of it on CPF and i got some beamshots over a limited distance (about 300m). Here it is:
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...shots-Pictures

    Hope to hear from you soon. (Im also bringing in the SR90 btw)

    steven
    No problem, can have fun and test the machines. But must be careful not to hit any planes with the HIDs, that'd probably be like getting hit with a 5-10mW greenie with all the planes on the SW approach here (pretty close to my place!). And my place is pretty high-profile. PM ya.... perhaps get your SR90 and my SM5200 first.

  6. #546
    Member king2penn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    No problem, can have fun and test the machines. But must be careful not to hit any planes with the HIDs, that'd probably be like getting hit with a 5-10mW greenie with all the planes on the SW approach here (pretty close to my place!). And my place is pretty high-profile. PM ya.... perhaps get your SR90 and my SM5200 first.
    Ya i get my SR90 first


    steven

  7. #547

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Know of any 5W 365nm UV? Nichia is good.

  8. #548
    Member king2penn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Looking for interested buyers for Yao HID 35/80W !!! I need a minimum number of people interested for it in order to bring in the shipment...

    Here are some pictures:

    Yao HID Black Version


    Control Shot: (Target house is 300 meters away)


    Thrunite Catapult 900 Lumens Beamshot:


    Yao HID 35W 3200 Lumens:


    Yao HID 80W 8000 Lumens:


    The maximum rated distance of the Yao HID 35/80W is 2km. It far outclasses the Olight SR90. Will be posting more beamshots soon.

    For more information please visit http://fstoplights.com/products/Yao-...archlight.html

    steven

  9. #549
    Member king2penn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    834

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Latest: Would like to report that I successfully hit the clouds tonight with the Yao HID easily

    steven

  10. #550

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Quote Originally Posted by king2penn View Post
    Latest: Would like to report that I successfully hit the clouds tonight with the Yao HID easily

    steven
    Haha...that's good, not much low clouds here whenever I am free and look up at the night sky. So how is it going? I haven't been able to test for long up there on the roof, these high lumen stuff do draw a lot of attention, what I mean is really both high lumens + long throw, not only long throw (long throw = easier to be low profile just a tiny more bit).

    I got banned at CPF for 1 day...... I posted some aliexpress and Ebay links, considered to be advertising. Didn't know the rules are so tough over there protecting their high-value lights (also advertising). I think your Yao thread also got deleted.

  11. #551

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Why nowadays so quiet.

    Ok just to create some conversation, I've collected some stuff over the past few months. Updated list :

    Normal LEDs
    Luxeon 3 x 3 watt LED (from CPF member many years ago)
    Tank007 PT30 3-watt 365nm LED, pulls 0.7A from tailcap
    Debreelight DBS V3 XR-E R2 aspheric
    Ultrafire U-80 XM-L T6, upulls some 2.6A at tailcap
    Ultrafire UF-980L XM-L T6, direct drive at high as high as 4.5A with LiCo. Better don't put LiMn.
    Solarforce L2P forward clicky with Ultrafire XM-L P60 drop-in (the 3A measured one).

    Mini LEDs
    Ultrafire C3 XR-E Q5 stainless steel (14500)
    Tank007 M10 with Nd magnetic tailcap (RCR123A), just 10mm longer than 4Seven's Quark MiNi 123.

    Light Iron
    Amondotech 3152 original 35W (to be modded with spare 55W ballast which I have in storage). Need to go buy a new 12V 7AH battery for it too soon.

    Medium Iron
    2 units of Sanmak SM5200 6" reflector, modded to 75W....i used the slim ballast type as the black finned type cannot fit in.
    2 units of Ebay 3" reflector generic host 65W HID

    Heavy Iron
    250W HID (metal halide, should be MSD bulbs on GY 9.5), 7" reflector. 5mm arc gap. Li-ion batt not sure which variant

    Miscellaneous
    AJ-140 445nm diode in Hotlight host (DIY) - 1.65W with Aixiz 445 glass
    AJ-140 445nm diode in Aurora C6 host (Survival Lxxxx) - ~ 1.2W with Aixiz 445 glass
    532nm SD-303 host, think about 0.07W or so.
    405nm 12X diode, 0.4W, not too bad china host
    405nm 0.2W, LT-986B china host
    2 x 405nm 0.1W pens
    Last edited by 2100; 28th May 2011 at 12:03 PM.

  12. #552

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Anyway, just a heads-up for Kingpenn, he is selling at his store the Thrunite Catapult 3 at an irresistible price!

  13. #553

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    I am thinking of selling my Ginseng Polaris, a CPF classic incandescent mod back then in 2003/2004

    Got a few 50 Watt bulbs, you need 12 X AA Nimhs to power up this monster.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  14. #554

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Anybody know if it's ok to ship in CR123s from US, eg. Illumination Supply, LightHound?

    and where's the cheapest place to get CR123s in Singapore? Still Sheares? I remember getting 6 for $21 like 5yrs back.

  15. #555
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RtOaNn
    Anybody know if it's ok to ship in CR123s from US, eg. Illumination Supply, LightHound?

    and where's the cheapest place to get CR123s in Singapore? Still Sheares? I remember getting 6 for $21 like 5yrs back.
    I remember getting mine for around $3ea at eastgear 5yrs ago! anyway, why not look into getting rechargeable CR123s?
    eat. drink. shoot

  16. #556

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    I remember getting mine for around $3ea at eastgear 5yrs ago! anyway, why not look into getting rechargeable CR123s?
    RCR123s usually have lower runtimes compared to CR123s so I would prefer not using that. And if I'm using the P60 headlamp in my C2, RCR123 probably will blow it.

    Currently,I'm planning to use 17670s for general use/fun and CR123s for emergencies.
    Last edited by RtOaNn; 10th August 2011 at 06:50 PM.

  17. #557
    Ianguo
    Guests

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Hi guys, I am new around here. Like to share my humble collection. Mainly I collect MTE torchlight as i find them value for money and of better build quality then ultrafire and most china brands.

    MTE M3-2I using 4 chip cree MC-E led
    MTE MC-G33 using cree xml led
    MTE SSC-P7D using SSC p7 led
    MTE C3-907 using cree r2 led
    MTE A2 using SSC P9 LED
    UltraFire C9-T60 XM-L T6

    Anyone organizing meetup soon??

  18. #558

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    i need a good torch light at a cheap price. any recommendations? basically for night macro.

  19. #559
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    465

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    Old thread, but any flashaholics still alive here?

  20. #560
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Flashaholics - Fall In Here

    post some high-CRI lights photos and that should get people talking

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •