Thread: Acdsee to edit photos

Default Acdsee to edit photos

Hi,

Does anyone here use acdsee to edit photos? I'm currently trying to change the exposure and to sharpen the photos, but I realised that when I click on the editor, the photo appears to be pixelised(Not sure if this is the right word). The edge doesn't appear to be smooth. So when I change the exposure, the edge or the lines doesn't appear to be smooth. Any idea how to solve this problem? I'm not sure how to use photoshop to edit.

Thanks for any advise

Quote Originally Posted by Camm
    Hi,

Does anyone here use acdsee to edit photos? I'm currently trying to change the exposure and to sharpen the photos, but I realised that when I click on the editor, the photo appears to be pixelised(Not sure if this is the right word). The edge doesn't appear to be smooth. So when I change the exposure, the edge or the lines doesn't appear to be smooth. Any idea how to solve this problem? I'm not sure how to use photoshop to edit.

Thanks for any advise
    Hardly use it, but edges shouldn't have any problem. Hrm, did you zoom out to the actual size to check?

ACDSee contains what is called "FotoCanvas Lite" and is really only good for redeye reduction, and cropping an image and rotating an image.

I would suggest that you either get the stronger version from ACD Systems called http://www.fotocanvas.com

or go for something with a little bit more power and substance to it for more advanced photo editing. like Paint Shop Pro from Jasc.com

Honestly it has most of the bells and whistles that Photoshop has at about 1/2 the price.

Honestly unless you are living infront of your computer, Photoshop is like using a chain-saw to cut butter for simple image editing duties....

go FotoCanvas or PaintShop Pro

Good Luck...

Quote Originally Posted by huebdoo
    ACDSee contains what is called "FotoCanvas Lite" and is really only good for redeye reduction, and cropping an image and rotating an image.

I would suggest that you either get the stronger version from ACD Systems called http://www.fotocanvas.com

or go for something with a little bit more power and substance to it for more advanced photo editing. like Paint Shop Pro from Jasc.com

Honestly it has most of the bells and whistles that Photoshop has at about 1/2 the price.

Honestly unless you are living infront of your computer, Photoshop is like using a chain-saw to cut butter for simple image editing duties....

go FotoCanvas or PaintShop Pro

Good Luck...
    * togu quickly hide his chain-saw

Welcome to ClubSNAP, huebdoo!

Default uninstall

Dam....recently installed the ACDSEE 4.0 on a Windows 98...but I cant un-install it....anyone faced this problem before?

Though Photoshop is complex, one could learn a function/feature at a time. It is extremely powerful and its worth the steep learning curve.

Togu .. please dont hide your chainsaw ... you'll be depriving others of learning from you aka your Soft Focus technique! Bring out your sawmill!

However for benefit, I quote the instruction given by Sulhan on how to sharpen images without pixelation in Photoshop.

Cheers

Sharpening image in Photoshop
    Hi All you people out there!!!!

Well here is one of the tips for all that i think is useful.

Tips: Sharpening image in Photoshop..... .useful when the image is a "daytime" shot..- alternative to USM(UN-sharp Mask)...which may introduce too much grains...

Ready??? Go!!!

Procedure....

0 - Go to the top menu and choose:
    [windows]->view layers .....make sure you do this first to enable viewing of layers - a floating small window with the "layer" tag on the top left corner

1- Open an image in photoshop - you should be able to see the image also appearing in the floating layers window.

2 - Make a duplicate layer of this image by choosing :
    [layer]->duplicate layer....-> then okay the form as default (or give it a new name ...up to you)

3 - Then choose [Filters]->Others->High Pass
    and select a value about 3 to 4 not more than that unless preferred. - This will give a ghostly version of the image with only the outline of the subject more prominant

4 - Then on the layer floating window on the drop down menu which is default [normal].......click on the small downward arrow head and then selec "OVERLAY"

5 - And Ai Ka Ram Bah!!!....you have a sharpened image.......

This method is a better choice to Unsharp mask as it gives less noise overall........go ahead and try it and experiment......

Toggle the effect by clicking on the "eye" on the layer to see the difference....

Have Fun...

Regards,
    Sulhan

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewSCL
    Dam....recently installed the ACDSEE 4.0 on a Windows 98...but I cant un-install it....anyone faced this problem before?
    ACDSee 4.0 as well as 5.0 have some quirks to them, and 98 isnt exactly the most stable of OS.

If you need help and you are in North America give them a call, I have always found them good at actually answering the phone.

1-866-244-2237
    or online http://www.acdsee.com