Thread: removing cooking oil stains

Default removing cooking oil stains

what's the best way to remove the typical oily residue found on kitchen ceilings and cabinets, due to cooking?

Quote Originally Posted by munfai
    what's the best way to remove the typical oily residue found on kitchen ceilings and cabinets, due to cooking?
    detergant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Generous wiping with Cif (used to be called Jif).

Also there are various wonder-detergents that are supposed to be able to remove these kinds of stains with a "spray and a wipe" but don't believe them ... hard elbow grease is still needed.

A high tech alternative is that dry steam thing from OSIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Generous wiping with Cif (used to be called Jif).

Also there are various wonder-detergents that are supposed to be able to remove these kinds of stains with a "spray and a wipe" but don't believe them ... hard elbow grease is still needed.

A high tech alternative is that dry steam thing from OSIM.
    Jif is highly abrasive, might want to reconsider if you do not want to ruin for example a lacquered surface or smooth laminate of kitchen cabinets.

don't cook .

For stain, I believe those magic sponge (white color High density product from japan) works best, (definitely better than cif, jif whatever).

But if it is oil, then I not quite sure.

Maybe you can use cif first to get rid of the oily stuff, then use the magic sponge to get rid of the yellow color.

Please tell us which is effective after you try. I am sure the magic sponge will be the most effective. I have tried it, stain that cif can't remove, was easily removed by the magic sponge with water (not messy at all). You will be surprise at its effectiveness.

use osim!!!

*heehee*

it really do seems effective!

I know some products that can help. PM me for more info.

use soap lor ..... soap has a oil bind and a water bind, thus can bind with oil very well and able to remove oil stain .

hehehehehe