Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photography Related Diploma/Courses. (NAFA, TP, Lasalle)

Default Photography Related Diploma/Courses. (NAFA, TP, Lasalle)

I'm currently taking O levels this year. Am intending to take on a course that is of photography related. I know that in Singapore, TP, NAFA, Lasalle excel in ARTS. (correct me if i am wrong)

What courses are there?? And what do the different courses teach? And the future potential careers that i would be able to get from doing these courses.
    One day you'll see.

Default Re: Photography Related Diploma/Courses. (NAFA, TP, Lasalle)

no respond??
    One day you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden3 View Post
    I'm currently taking O levels this year. Am intending to take on a course that is of photography related. I know that in Singapore, TP, NAFA, Lasalle excel in ARTS. (correct me if i am wrong)

What courses are there?? And what do the different courses teach? And the future potential careers that i would be able to get from doing these courses.
    If you enjoy photography, why not? Just take note that working hours of most photographers are unstable, you may want to consider this before making a life long commitment.

Remember, a hobby is not a career.

Quote Originally Posted by windwaver View Post
    If you enjoy photography, why not? Just take note that working hours of most photographers are unstable, you may want to consider this before making a life long commitment.

Remember, a hobby is not a career.
    Thanks, yes i know. Am actually looking for people who knows more about such courses.
    One day you'll see.

yeah. interested to know too.
    Must you take O level art to enter Nafa/Laselle?

Well, just to extrapolate his question, are there any official photography diplomas available in the market? Just to "upgrade ourselves" lol
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

i guess entering these such courses rather rely on your portfolio related to the course u are going to than scoring good points in Os.

I am not sure myself too, in a dillema
    Last edited by knpan; 8th October 2008 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by screamedinfidelities View Post
    Not a Must, But priority will be given to these people i think.

Quote Originally Posted by munkey View Post
    Well, just to extrapolate his question, are there any official photography diplomas available in the market? Just to "upgrade ourselves" lol
    Upgrade? I thought people usually go to those specified course/workshops. hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by knpan View Post
    i guess entering these such courses rather rely on your portfolio related to the course u are going to than scoring good points in Os.

I am not sure myself too, in a dillema
    For poly, of course must score good points in Os. For Nafa, I'm not very sure too. There's an audition before they accept you though, that's the only thing i found out from their website.
    One day you'll see.

erm.

for entrance into these diplomas, you'll confirm need to churn out some portfolio of ur works.. good or bad, doesnt matter cause u're still young? its more of the passion in it.
    then u'd be called down for an interview and then if u're selected, you'd be notified.

TP has Viz Comm, 1st year u take all same subjects.. subsequently u branch out into ur specialized area.. not really sure bout wad are the majors but u can go check it out at their webs.

i think its the same for NAFA and Lasalle.

There're courses around.. check out objectifs. the singapore photographers association oso have.

hope these infos helped

=)

wat i know is tat singapore university have photography courses ... diploma i'm not sure... 2 route

O level ---> Diploma
    O level ---> A level ---> Degree

Deregistered

On the third year of your poly course on Mass Comm. You can select photography as your major subject...
    Last edited by nicholas68; 9th October 2008 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scapetist View Post
    erm.

for entrance into these diplomas, you'll confirm need to churn out some portfolio of ur works.. good or bad, doesnt matter cause u're still young? its more of the passion in it.
    then u'd be called down for an interview and then if u're selected, you'd be notified.

TP has Viz Comm, 1st year u take all same subjects.. subsequently u branch out into ur specialized area.. not really sure bout wad are the majors but u can go check it out at their webs.

i think its the same for NAFA and Lasalle.

There're courses around.. check out objectifs. the singapore photographers association oso have.

hope these infos helped

=)
    Ohh, For NAFA what's the course name? I think they changed all their names. It's under Media and Design right?

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    wat i know is tat singapore university have photography courses ... diploma i'm not sure... 2 route

O level ---> Diploma
    O level ---> A level ---> Degree
    Okaye thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68 View Post
    On the third year of your poly course on Mass Comm. You can select photography as your major subject...
    Not looking at Mass Comm, Thanks anyway for taking ur time.
    One day you'll see.

I was also looking around for a photography course and found this:

http://www.nafa.edu.sg/in_courses/pa...basicphoto.htm

its a part time photography certificate programme by nafa

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    I was also looking around for a photography course and found this:

http://www.nafa.edu.sg/in_courses/pa...basicphoto.htm

its a part time photography certificate programme by nafa
    I've seen this too! Thanks anyway! I'm actually looking for Diplomas etc.

Anyone else who knows more about this?
    One day you'll see.

i graduated from Tp not long ago. Tp design do not really master in photography, but on the other hand they have electives AND DARKROOM, n u can also loan cameras out to play!!

But i heard there is this thing we need to sign, the patent form thing i think to the school. So whatever we produce belongs to the school i think.

O there is also a indoor studio!!! nicenice.

If you want ask more, PM me. =)

Quote Originally Posted by jasminesg View Post
    i graduated from Tp not long ago. Tp design do not really master in photography, but on the other hand they have electives AND DARKROOM, n u can also loan cameras out to play!!

But i heard there is this thing we need to sign, the patent form thing i think to the school. So whatever we produce belongs to the school i think.

O there is also a indoor studio!!! nicenice.

If you want ask more, PM me. =)

Quote Originally Posted by screamedinfidelities View Post
    You need to pass your 'O' (Or 'N' and ITE cert, will be review case by case) before entering NAFA... A pass in English is a must. It is a new policy for school enrollment...

Quote Originally Posted by hidden3 View Post
    Ohh, If i'm not wrong it's Visual Comm right? Thanks anyway
    not necessary, I'm from Product and Industrial design, I also can take electives that r from other courses like Basic photography- unless they change their format this year. But in visual com they will go indept to it, but they do not specialize in photography but more to advertisement in my knowledge that i obtain from frenz who are in it.

I'm in SP Digital Media & we go get to loan out cameras too. Taught a bit about dslr in year1. Don't really see the need for a major in photography but rather learn something to compliment with photography. I guess that is more important? =D

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    You need to pass your 'O' (Or 'N' and ITE cert, will be review case by case) before entering NAFA... A pass in English is a must. It is a new policy for school enrollment...
    That shouldn't be a problem for me, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by jasminesg View Post
    not necessary, I'm from Product and Industrial design, I also can take electives that r from other courses like Basic photography- unless they change their format this year. But in visual com they will go indept to it, but they do not specialize in photography but more to advertisement in my knowledge that i obtain from frenz who are in it.
    Hmm okaye. So what do you actually learn in Product and Industrial design

Quote Originally Posted by peepeeboi View Post
    I'm in SP Digital Media & we go get to loan out cameras too. Taught a bit about dslr in year1. Don't really see the need for a major in photography but rather learn something to compliment with photography. I guess that is more important? =D
    Yeah i'm finding something to compliment with photography, but not really sure which "way" to go to..
    One day you'll see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast