Thread: Shutter count

Default Shutter count

Is there a way to get shutter count for Nikon D70 from the camera accurately?
    Not sure if this is a silly question. But that is why I am in the newbie section... Tks.

Default Re: Shutter count

I also want to know about how to check shutter count for Canon 40D. Do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by mrericlee View Post
    I also want to know about how to check shutter count for Canon 40D. Do let me know.
    Canon have to send back to CSC, not sure TS's nikon.
    Meow!

The exif data of the picture would have stated the "total number of shutter releases for camera".

Not sure about Canon 40D, but for Canon 300D, the common understanding is to look at the Folder # and File # (assuming the CF card you are using has not been used on a different camera, I think).

So for example, the latest pics I took on a Canon 300D was placed in Folder #329 and File=IMG_2956, then the formula is ((Folder-100)*100)+56, because the Folder starts with 100, you multiply by 100 because each folder should hold an average of 97-100 pics, and the first 2 digits of the File Name refers to the last 2 digits of the Folder. Given the above example, then I deduce that this 300D should have taken ((329-100)*100)+56=22900+56=22956 shutter actuations performed.

If your 40D is relatively new, try the above formula and see if it gives you a close estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivakis View Post
    Not sure about Canon 40D, but for Canon 300D, the common understanding is to look at the Folder # and File # (assuming the CF card you are using has not been used on a different camera, I think).

So for example, the latest pics I took on a Canon 300D was placed in Folder #329 and File=IMG_2956, then the formula is ((Folder-100)*100)+56, because the Folder starts with 100, you multiply by 100 because each folder should hold an average of 97-100 pics, and the first 2 digits of the File Name refers to the last 2 digits of the Folder. Given the above example, then I deduce that this 300D should have taken ((329-100)*100)+56=22900+56=22956 shutter actuations performed.

If your 40D is relatively new, try the above formula and see if it gives you a close estimate.
    Not so accurate way to calculate. Once you borrow a CF card, the number goes out of whack. If I follow this way of calculating, my camera will have a few hundred thousand shutter clicks
    Meow!

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419134
    EOS 5DMkiii|17-40F4L|24-105f4L|70-200f4L IS|50f1.4|85f1.8|580EX II

i use opanda exif to get the shutter count

Quote Originally Posted by Sivakis View Post

That only applies if your file numbering mode is set to Continuous.

Quote Originally Posted by bkliew View Post
    Is there a way to get shutter count for Nikon D70 from the camera accurately?
    Not sure if this is a silly question. But that is why I am in the newbie section... Tks.
    You can refer to the following thread for Nikon cameras... except the older ones like D100 which does not store shutter counts in the EXIF info...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306672
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

read, download and check. http://moonshine.homedns.org:2655/pa...shutter-count/

i tried on my 40D, it works.