Thread: current EOS300 offer?

Default current EOS300 offer?

how is this offer ???? is it a good entry level camera for newbies like me ?
    also heard that the pics taken by nikon cameras are sharper then that of canon ............ is that true ?

thanks.......

7ways

The EOS300 has a plastic lense mount. THe next one up is the 300V, which has almost the same performance as the EOS300, but with improved ergonomics and a metal mount. The next step up is a huge leap to the EOS33/30, which is pricey. If u can, I would recommend spending a little more on a Nikon f80. more features and performance over the EOS300v.
    And... it is debatable to say that Nikon takes better pictures than Canon. But its terribly close, and probably not discernible. But I would have to add that for the same specifications, alot of canon lenses are a little cheaper. Picture quality is up there for both.
    My 2 cents.

hmmmmmmmmmm............. how abt the F75 for NIKON ????

7ways

Compare f75 to eos300v..and f80 to eos30..
    Den make your choice..

If NIKON's F75 is to be compared to the EOS 300v ???

which will fare better and better for newbies? (like mua)

thanks
    7ways

I believe Canon does not have spot metering. Not sure abt the f75, compare the specs and see. and... the 300V , i tink it doesnt have Depth of field preview ... which is a major minus point.

Canon 300V does not have spot metering, but it has Depth of Field Preview. 300V is 2.5fps, compare to F75 is 1.5fps...

Quote Originally Posted by sevenWAYS
    how is this offer ???? is it a good entry level camera for newbies like me ?
    also heard that the pics taken by nikon cameras are sharper then that of canon ............ is that true ?

thanks.......

7ways
    When buying a SLR, always consider the "system", instead of just the body. The body is just one part of the system. The other parts of the system are the flash and the lenses. Think about the lenses you want, check out their price and performance. See if there are any unique features in the lenses or flashes that you need or want. For example, most Canon lenses are USM, and there are quite a few lenses with IS ( image stablelisers ). Do you need these ?

Nikon has the excellent 3D Matrix flash, which many think is superior to Canon's ETTL flash.

Weight these carefully. Finally, handle these cameras personally to get a feel of them. Find out how to perform common functions, like changing modes, exposure compensation, adjusting aperture/shutter speed, etc. See which body give you a better feel. It's all very subjective. If you have to borrow a friends camera for a few hours or visit Cathay Photo many times, do it. Be a little thick skin. But when you decide to buy, please buy it from the same camera shop.

Then choose base on all the above. It is useless asking which brand is better. Both brands are very good, and both will perform wonderfully. There is no difference in technical picture quality as this is entirely dependent on the price you are willing to pay for the lens ( better lens => more expensive=> better pics technically. Composition is your own pasar ). You have to choose base on your on judgement.