Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panasonic Lumix Workshop on 4 Oct 08

Default Re: Panasonic Lumix Workshop on 4 Oct 08

Quote Originally Posted by coolzephyr View Post
    ah.. mechanic engineering.. got a couple of yr 2 friends there. i also yr2 in english lit. anyway do u noe if ntu photography club teaches a lot, or its more to photography expeditions? i shld have signed up during CCA fair..

anyway for dennis' pic #4, how was that effect done?
    i haven't go for any photography club thingy yet... its my 1st year there even though i'm year 2... (poly direct entry)... but they provide courses which we have to pay at a lower price... photography, darkroom, etc...

wow... english lit ... strong english... oh yea, did u try any elective tat is to do with photography?

Quote Originally Posted by skyguy View Post
    i haven't go for any photography club thingy yet... its my 1st year there even though i'm year 2... (poly direct entry)... but they provide courses which we have to pay at a lower price... photography, darkroom, etc...

wow... english lit ... strong english... oh yea, did u try any elective tat is to do with photography?
    oh i wanted to take one of the photography elective really badly.. cant remember if it's b/w or darkroom.. but anyway suay suay didnt get it.. haiz... next sem try again haha..

oh i wanted to take one of the photography elective really badly.. cant remember if it's b/w or darkroom.. but anyway suay suay didnt get it.. haiz... next sem try again haha..
    elective can really learn alot... last time in poly i went for a photography elective... but i remember tat i saw some ntu elective need SLR (film) de or require DSLR... so have to choose carefully...

elective can really learn alot... last time in poly i went for a photography elective... but i remember tat i saw some ntu elective need SLR (film) de or require DSLR... so have to choose carefully...
    actually, it states that cameras will be provided.. but although no exams for those module, i heard the projects are really difficult.. worth trying though! next sem must chiong to add that module in! can learn lots and handle an SLR

Quote Originally Posted by tonylim View Post
    I like all the picture posted here from Dennis and Skyguy. Both of you could win the competition.
    Hi Dennis, please share with me how you achieve the fish eye picture of the sultant mosque.
    Fisheye picture is taken with a fisheye attachement, no tricks, no PP it was out of cam.
    I use the Nikon FE-9 fisheye converter, it fits to the original 46mm adaptor without any problem.

haha, i couldnt choose the last too cos exams are near too.. anyways i really like the photo of the parrot. hey that means ur photos got shortlisted then! anyway i remember two guys walking behind me, so u could be one of them haha.. oh i think i remember dennis also.. donno was it billy or james that mentioned ur name. i was intending to follow the "guided tour", but in the end, it seems like everyone was more inclined to free-and-easy

anyway skyguy, u from ntu is it? i think you posted on the NTU thread before. are u in the photography club?
    I like the jewel ones better, it looks like it was taken with a tilt and shift lens.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I like the jewel ones better, it looks like it was taken with a tilt and shift lens.
    i like the jewel one alot too... its done by using LX3... very good cam, very vibrant and can create good depth of field... F2.0... my FZ18 could only got to F2.8 i think

ah.. mechanic engineering.. got a couple of yr 2 friends there. i also yr2 in english lit. anyway do u noe if ntu photography club teaches a lot, or its more to photography expeditions? i shld have signed up during CCA fair..

anyway for dennis' pic #4, how was that effect done?
    Must state that I am poor at PP, so I don't use photoshop.
    I use ACDSee Pro for almost all my photo needs, from viewing, arrangements and editing.
    For #4 actually it was just a exposure curve adjustment to the extreme and can be done in 15 secs flat. Not sure how it would have been done on PS. However I also know that to get the effect on ACDSee you need to underexpose the image so for the image I actually meter for the brightest part of the sky and already have in mind to do this when I shoot. Actual photo would have seemed under exposed but during the curve adjustments the details can be brought back again. If you exposed it normally you would not be able to do it this way.

i like the jewel one alot too... its done by using LX3... very good cam, very vibrant and can create good depth of field... F2.0... my FZ18 could only got to F2.8 i think
    Yeh LX3, one of the better P&S introduced recently.

I love #5 effect
    All the rest very good too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12