Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scratch and Show

Default Re: Scratch and Show

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    okay, to me, the bears are more to the center right, that's why i said it wasn't placed using Rule Of Thirds. framing is like... how you have placed the subject in the shot. what was and was not included.
    This one very chim...

I would appreciate this photo more had the bears not be there.
    I like the bokeh lights to the left, the tilt is unusually interesting alongside the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    I would appreciate this photo more had the bears not be there.
    I like the bokeh lights to the left, the tilt is unusually interesting alongside the mood.
    And what would the subject be, then?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    And what would the subject be, then?
    hmm, some pretty looking ornaments.not indecent uncute looking bears. teehee.
    and who knows there being no subject would turn out better. the bokeh balls are enchanting by themselves

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    This one very chim...
    but did i phrased it correctly?

this is critique corner.. a bit of chatting is great, but don't take it too far.. later mods not happy

anyways.. obscene scene or not, ask yourself if the scene works better with or without the tilt. certainly the tilt is clearly intentional, that's a plus point, but to me, it doesn't seem to add to the picture. if you do something for the sake of doing it then you'd be better off not doing it at all and being more conventional.

like others have mentioned, the oof lights can add to the picture, but they are aptly put, "not here not there". a half-past-six inclusion does nothing for your picture at all either.

anyways.. obscene scene or not, ask yourself if the scene works better with or without the tilt. certainly the tilt is clearly intentional, that's a plus point, but to me, it doesn't seem to add to the picture. if you do something for the sake of doing it then you'd be better off not doing it at all and being more conventional.

What do you mean by add to the picture? In fact I took a few of the same picture...I indeed guilty of tilting the picture just for the sake of doing it. But personally I like the tilt, thus kindly define how is it then you consider tilt is add to the picture.

like others have mentioned, the oof lights can add to the picture, but they are aptly put, "not here not there". a half-past-six inclusion does nothing for your picture at all either.[/QUOTE]

Noted....As i mention the light is actually mirror image of the bear and its not light. If I vision it with full image of the bear mirror image...hmmm....may not be that nice already...but worth a try...will do it the next shot.

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    hmm, some pretty looking ornaments.not indecent uncute looking bears. teehee.
    and who knows there being no subject would turn out better. the bokeh balls are enchanting by themselves
    when there is no subject then there wont be any bokeh ball...because those balls are the mirror image of the subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12