Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why professionals dont use nikon???

Default Re: Why professionals dont use nikon???

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus.ret View Post
    then how did professionals who shot on the 1d classic manage to survive on a 4 megapixel resolution?
    And how did owners of Nikon D2H and D2Hs , both launched 4 years after the Canon EOS 1D and the latter at the same time as the Mark II N with it's 8 Megapixels sensor, yet survive with only half that said figure?
    Last edited by eosdigital; 5th October 2008 at 07:57 PM.
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Hi Guys

When I switched to DSLR from a film-type SLR (Olympus OM-40 Program), I had a mentality that Nikon had a upper edge over Canon because I always admired the Nikon F4 (Flagship model back then). My friend, who is a professional photographer uses Canon "All the way" simply because:-

- Canon is faster
    - Canon produces more vivd pictures
    - Canon bodies are better made (All from Japan)
    - Canon offers a wider range of lenses (Althought more expensive than Nikon)
    - Canon is more reliable

And after buying the 40D, I seem to agree though I have tested Nikons.

Lastly, Canon and Nikon are tops.

Cheers to both Canon and Nikon users!

I agree with some of the guys here to close this thread.

If noticed, some of e replies were starting to be a lil offensive and biased already.

Quote Originally Posted by shahrulesa View Post
    I can only tell you why many journalist in JB uses Canon - because there is a Canon Service Center in JB. For Nikon they have to send to KL, that's why some of them actually jump from Nikon to Canon as well.
    Haha OT la. That's just poor marketing in big malaysia. In singapore, it's just either HarbourFront or Tanjong Pagar. Not very far away from each other.

I support this thread to be continued. Can see misconceptions in people.. interesting
    I also hope users of olympus, sony and pentax to come in and talk. "Don't use nikon" is not equal "use canon."
    Last edited by gymak90; 5th October 2008 at 08:58 PM.
    The best things in life are free.

I think the reason people all thinks Canon is the main player is because their white L lenses are easily visible from afar
    Last edited by MarkTan89; 5th October 2008 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrecruz View Post
    Hi Guys

When I switched to DSLR from a film-type SLR (Olympus OM-40 Program), I had a mentality that Nikon had a upper edge over Canon because I always admired the Nikon F4 (Flagship model back then). My friend, who is a professional photographer uses Canon "All the way" simply because:-

- Canon is faster
    - Canon produces more vivd pictures
    - Canon bodies are better made (All from Japan)
    - Canon offers a wider range of lenses (Althought more expensive than Nikon)
    - Canon is more reliable

And after buying the 40D, I seem to agree though I have tested Nikons.

Lastly, Canon and Nikon are tops.

Cheers to both Canon and Nikon users!

Agree ... up until recently Nikon has been behind in the race. Add Canon's solid marketing effort, we see more "white" barrels than black ones (with gold rings). The tide is changing - in the Beijing Olympics, it is almost 50/50 between the two (of course other brands are in too, but let's just not consider them for the time being).

I was an SLR user but haven't got my DSLR yet ... to many $$ commitments with a young family, but I'm quite sold on the Nikon, although I'm currently using a Canon S3 IS (my 3rd Canon digicam, and intend to go for the SX1 next year). Nikon's superior flash photography tilted the balance for me.

The way I see it, no ONE brand is good in everything ... we need to decide what's good for us. Honestly, both are great brands! Just my 2 cents. Cheers!

Maybe the pros have already invested in many Canon lenses & are too sian to start up again with Nikkor lenses?

Based on some photography magazines that I've read, some of the pros have either changed camps or are using both Canon & Nikon systems.
    hasta la justicia siempre

Brand war threads such as this one are counter productive and are strongly discouraged. Please refrain from starting similar thread in the future. Thread closed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234