Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moment of Joy

Default Re: Moment of Joy

Quote Originally Posted by ttiongch View Post
    Wow! I like that, if the bubbles are in colour would be even better. No worry, please feel free to edit my picture and show your idea. No issue at all, I welcome it.

Is that a tedious effort in pp? I would like to do that too, but I'm new in pp and don't know how to go about it.

Thanks for the time and effort.
    It can be quite time consuming, especially if you're dealing with fine items like hair (maybe even bubbles). There are some PS plugins that help in the extraction -- like EZ Mask -- but haven't really given them a try.

:Later,

Nice, very nice. Dun worry about the road, trees, high/low angles. You have to remember your theme. You are capturing a "moment" in time. you are not in the studio. Nothing is setup. You will miss it, if you choose not to click it. So dun worry about anything, just focus on that "moment".

Rule of the third / DOV / colour contrast made me focus on your objective. Then I started to follow the bubbles to the maid. I would agreed that you crop the maid away.

The reason is because she is like floating in mid air. And the little girl eyes, not a fault of your own, I can't seems to link her eyes to the bubbles. She is looking in that general direction of the maid. The joy is because of the bubbles, not the maid.

Good theme, good pic. maybe you can try capturing moment of joy of children on a swing. You will be surprise.

Yes. Personally I think the picture is more interesting with her in the background and creates a subject for the viewers to comment.
    I like the way she was included into the frame. It looks like she crept from outside the frame into the pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy View Post
    It can be quite time consuming, especially if you're dealing with fine items like hair (maybe even bubbles). There are some PS plugins that help in the extraction -- like EZ Mask -- but haven't really given them a try.

:Later,
    Hi Pinoy, you have given me some inspirations in playing with PS, will try out the EZ Mask when I get the plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by larpixiaoxin View Post
    Nice, very nice. Dun worry about the road, trees, high/low angles. You have to remember your theme. You are capturing a "moment" in time. you are not in the studio. Nothing is setup. You will miss it, if you choose not to click it. So dun worry about anything, just focus on that "moment".

Rule of the third / DOV / colour contrast made me focus on your objective. Then I started to follow the bubbles to the maid. I would agreed that you crop the maid away.

The reason is because she is like floating in mid air. And the little girl eyes, not a fault of your own, I can't seems to link her eyes to the bubbles. She is looking in that general direction of the maid. The joy is because of the bubbles, not the maid.

Good theme, good pic. maybe you can try capturing moment of joy of children on a swing. You will be surprise.
    Thanks 蜡笔小新 for the compliment and sharing of your view. I find it really challenging in taking street shots. The scene is not setup by me and the object won't stay there waiting for me to shoot; what I can control is only myself and my camera, therefore I don't have the luxury to go much nearer, climb up a ladder and select the best viewpoint and uncluttered background.

You got the essence of this shot, it's the "moment", which is presented by the bubbles in the air that only last for a short moment.

Yes, I enjoy taking photos of children very much, but it has to depend on the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrogLAH View Post
    I like the way she was included into the frame. It looks like she crept from outside the frame into the pic.
    Hi FrogLAH, you got it. This is my intention, and I feel that "joy" can't be formed with a single person alone. This is why I included the playmate for the little girl.

Hi Pinoy, you have given me some inspirations in playing with PS, will try out the EZ Mask when I get the plugins.

Thanks 蜡笔小新 for the compliment and sharing of your view. I find it really challenging in taking street shots. The scene is not setup by me and the object won't stay there waiting for me to shoot; what I can control is only myself and my camera, therefore I don't have the luxury to go much nearer, climb up a ladder and select the best viewpoint and uncluttered background.

You got the essence of this shot, it's the "moment", which is presented by the bubbles in the air that only last for a short moment.

Yes, I enjoy taking photos of children very much, but it has to depend on the opportunity.

Hi FrogLAH, you got it. This is my intention, and I feel that "joy" can't be formed with a single person alone. This is why I included the playmate for the little girl.
    Exactly, in fact I find the pic without the maid, makes the girl looks even a bit lunatic, even though the bubbles are there. With the maid in, it makes sense.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12