Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: Tang Shooters XLV: TCSS Thread...

Default Re: Tang Shooters XLV: TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by sims0002 View Post
    Firstly, back to the point, the point I was trying to bring through in the first para is, quoting from what you've said, you mentioned are learning through a trial an error basis (learning through practical...), and I feel that courses would shorten the learning curve, hence the word structured. To have a good start in learning, one should practise with a good knowledge of what they are doing (Thats where I bring in the importance of Theory). As for the benefit over cost for the courses out there, If I recall correctly, I made no comments...

Well the burning question I had, was to understand what do you mean by style? I understand that these style is recognizable by us, but wouldn't it be more meaningful if it were explained by the photographer himself?

Well, its just a fun question, don't have to take it too seriously, after all its still TCSS right?

As for your last para, I don't know how my comments managed to receive such a reply from you. But I have to say this (No offence... )... You made it sound like some martial arts novel... 无招胜有招 lol
    We here to share ideas mah... its good that once in a while got serious talk in TCSS on things like this to really make ppl to start seeing deeper into things. Personally I dun think i have a fixed style. Do I?

Anyway, photography is an art like tony said. 无招胜有招 is also an art. Diff ppl diff perspectives of art.

BBB + Dinner + TCSS @SLS 6.30pm Wed 8th Oct 08

1) dOlBy
    2) Pauche
    3) StrifeYun
    4) part0 (TBC)
    ~ A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know. ~

Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    We here to share ideas mah... its good that once in a while got serious talk in TCSS on things like this to really make ppl to start seeing deeper into things. Personally I dun think i have a fixed style. Do I?

Anyway, photography is an art like tony said. 无招胜有招 is also an art. Diff ppl diff perspectives of art.
    Hi KT,

Not quoting you to single out anything you said, but just to continue the discussion ... I'm wondering ...

How does one define 'style', and what factors contribute to the development of one's (technical and artistic) vision and style? Is vision really essential in the development of a particular 'style', or can the two be separated and exist exclusively?

It would be interesting to see the discussion on these. ;-)
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 6th October 2008 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Hi KT,

Not quoting you to single out anything you said, but just to continue the discussion ... I'm wondering ...

How does one define 'style', and what factors contribute to the development of one's (technical and artistic) vision and style?
    IMHO, style is when you see the picture, even if there is no watermark there, you can recognise who the photographer is. It is like a trademark(not in the legal sense).
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    But, having one style is not sufficient. The only way keep on improving is always make ur style unpredictable yet a successful work everytime. U can still have ur unique style that makes up ur signature, but with one style is not sufficient. U can say this artist style is great and unique but i put another artist who can do multiple styles and yet impress, then this artist is even greater. Which one u wan to be, is very subjective. One can be satisfied at his/her own successful style but some may wan to pursue more varieties and succeed in each of them.
    Eh... haha, you didn't state that its your opinion...

Well anyway, i vote for blazer's suggestion~ we should sit down together one day and really learn form each other, stop BBB start LLL~!

We should help one another to make TangShooters' name shine~! weeee~! lol Then no need join PSS, join TSS (TangShooter Society) lol
    flickr
    ~Photos Are Backups Of My Memories~

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    i ish get used to being sexposed liaos

glad to see sho many sexposed pics r taken by me...chius neber credit the photogs...I wan to sue chius!

Member/Tangshooter

Firstly, back to the point, the point I was trying to bring through in the first para is, quoting from what you've said, you mentioned are learning through a trial an error basis (learning through practical...), and I feel that courses would shorten the learning curve, hence the word structured. To have a good start in learning, one should practise with a good knowledge of what they are doing (Thats where I bring in the importance of Theory). As for the benefit over cost for the courses out there, If I recall correctly, I made no comments...

Well the burning question I had, was to understand what do you mean by style? I understand that these style is recognizable by us, but wouldn't it be more meaningful if it were explained by the photographer himself?

Well, its just a fun question, don't have to take it too seriously, after all its still TCSS right?

As for your last para, I don't know how my comments managed to receive such a reply from you. But I have to say this (No offence... )... You made it sound like some martial arts novel... 无招胜有招 lol

Sometime the photographer does not know he himself develop the style... Kuantoh mentioned I had my own style but i do not see it that way. Reason is simple, i do not produce the same consistent type of photos. I like portraits but does not mean thats my style.

Style for simple example... there used to be a CSer whose style is slight blur(defocus) and always shoot in B&W. Ppl comment that his photos not sharp, blur, not beautiful enough. Many agree with (*)the critics(*) but photography is an art just that most ppl seem to like photos presented in the way they like and comment on his. If one able to take a step back and look at his photos, he was showing the feel behind when he first saw the models.

Likewise i can also quote for example when a novice photographer who posted in CS for a couple of times, his photos are maybe washed out. no respresentation of beauty. PPl comment on his photos. He may continue to shoot as what he see it as beauty or may change to shoot what ppl like. If he continue to shoot what he like, it will be like own style. Change to what ppl like, ppl like his photos. Then = no difference from others.

No means to start any offending threads but discuss this interesting topic...
    Last edited by carnage3630; 6th October 2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: (*)wrong sentence... (*)
    コミュニケーションは私たちの障壁です | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    hmm .... it is always good to join clubs and learn from the basics from some very experienced teacher. Having a good foundation is always good and important.

I personally have gone through 4 courses.
    - black and white photography
    - color photography
    - slides photography
    - darkroom techniques.

If you intend to join clubs / go to courses, I would recommend you to join SAFRA instead of PSS. It is more organize and well established.
    How about NAFA?

I was actually thinking of this...

http://www.nafa.edu.sg/in_courses/pa...basicphoto.htm

Conducted by Russell Lee...

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    How about NAFA?

$909.50, my office only give me $350

Now this discussion has sparked a question in me...

Can you all describe what your style is in one sentence? (Especially for those who claim that they have lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    I just learn this last week, mi is GWC
    mee ish GWC 2!

Related (and interesting) discussion: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=study

mee ish GWC 2!
    I used to bee GWNK = Guy Weef No Kamela!

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    $909.50, my office only give me $350
    buttie, the basic photog cert course ish $1.2K for term 1 & 2...

How about NAFA?

I'm interested

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Related (and interesting) discussion: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...ighlight=study
    fwah!!
    sho old thread chiu oso can dig out!

How about NAFA?

rooks interesting

buttie, the basic photog cert course ish $1.2K for term 1 & 2...
    Quote Originally Posted by dOlBy View Post
    I'm interested
    $1.2k... Canon 70-200 F4 L

fwah!!
    sho old thread chiu oso can dig out!
    I use Bwack & Macker Powder Digger! Chio Bu Gold Digger osos loose!

Quote Originally Posted by dOlBy View Post
    I'm interested
    rooks interesting
    we ish can join the Jan 09 course...

Anoder interestwing discussion about photoing studies: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419062