Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Thread: Tang Shooters XLV: TCSS Thread...

Default Re: Tang Shooters XLV: TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    Anyone is Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) members?
    I intend to join their course. Anyone interested?
    i ish member of PSS

Quote Originally Posted by gglankie View Post
    i ish member of PSS
    yah i know buttie. u told me b4.

i go lie down liao...very sick hah....
    lack of vitamin M...

nitez...chat later..
    蓮花仙子

yah i know buttie. u told me b4.
    PSS = Please Sing Song...

Quote Originally Posted by sims0002 View Post
    I believe that courses provide a more structured way of learning... There's no difference between practical and theory, infact they co-exist. How can one learn or do something without understanding the theory behind all of it? Even learning through the camera's manual can be considered a form of theory learning (Does any one read the manual in the first place lol )?

Understanding the basics equips you with the tools to expand your creativity no? Therefore creating your own style in the process. Learning the basics is like creating the box around you.. Yes, you may be restricted to their ideas in a way, but we all need to start some where don't we? Without a box, how are we suppose to think out of it in the first place?

I have not been to courses yet, but would love to if i have the time...

Now this discussion has sparked a question in me...

Can you all describe what your style is in one sentence? (Especially for those who claim that they have lol)
    I have to agree that courses are structured way of learning. Its a starting pt for most ppl. But for those who have no time to attend, or timing dont click, how do we learn. Its thru online materials and books etc. Its thru looking at other ppl works. Its thru learning thru practice. Courses sometimes do provide some things that are may not be learnt so easily but like wat i said, some courses are really not worth spending on. So judge for urself wat kinda objective u wan from the course before taking it up. Else it will be a waste of ur own money and time.

My style is: For u to see and for me to enjoy.

Some TSers have unique styles in certain areas in photography. For eg. I can easily recognise tony's style in portraiture, gglankie's style in streets and landscapes, MASter phoa's style in portraiture, dOlBy's style in HDR etc etc.

But, having one style is not sufficient. The only way keep on improving is always make ur style unpredictable yet a successful work everytime. U can still have ur unique style that makes up ur signature, but with one style is not sufficient. U can say this artist style is great and unique but i put another artist who can do multiple styles and yet impress, then this artist is even greater. Which one u wan to be, is very subjective. One can be satisfied at his/her own successful style but some may wan to pursue more varieties and succeed in each of them.
    Last edited by kuantoh; 6th October 2008 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    we need some one take pics of us
    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    ooh..
    take pics oni...

KT ish being used by donald buttie

Normally a family/couple bring maid out, they provide the food..
    well, take it as free meal provided lor.... make sure order expensive one...
    蓮花仙子

Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    take pics oni...
    i tot u love that. after that sexposed them on tcss documentary

I have to agree that courses are structured way of learning. Its a starting pt for most ppl. But for those who have no time to attend, or timing dont click, how do we learn. Its thru online materials and books etc. Its thru looking at other ppl works. Its thru learning thru practice. Courses sometimes do provide some things that are may not be learnt so easily but like wat i said, some courses are really not worth spending on. So judge for urself wat kinda objective u wan from the course before taking it up. Else it will be a waste of ur own money and time.

Some TSers have unique styles in certain areas in photography. For eg. I can easily recognise tony's style in portraiture, gglankie's style in streets and landscapes, MASter phoa's style in portraiture, dOlBy's style in HDR etc etc.

But, having one style is not sufficient. The only way keep on improving is always make ur style unpredictable yet a successful work everytime. U can still have ur unique style that makes up ur signature, but with one style is not sufficient. U can say this artist style is great and unique but i put another artist who can do multiple styles and yet impress, then this artist is even greater. Which one u wan to be, is very subjective. One can be satisfied at his/her own successful style but some may wan to pursue more varieties and succeed in each of them.
    i agree with sims002 for quoting this: "Learning the basics is like creating the box around you.. Yes, you may be restricted to their ideas in a way, but we all need to start some where don't we?.

and Kuantoh for quoting this: " . . . . . for those who have no time to attend, or timing dont click, how do we learn. Its thru online materials and books etc. Its thru looking at other ppl works. Its thru learning thru practice. . . . . But, having one style is not sufficient."

I have to add on.. firstly, thanks KT for praising me. and your abstract plus ideas are your style, u cant dey that. 2ndly, take me for instance, in the past, i also shoot blindly for about 2yrs, then after which blazer and zaxh persuaded me to join TS, its true that TS allow me to learn more things from fellowmates. But the problem is i dun understand theory by glance, i need assistance to coach me by shouting at my ear.... n initially i was shy to ask questions, so i decided to spent time to go for courses.. As for me, i realised by going for courses allows me to know my equipment further rather than reading materials online. but for some ppl who are more talented, they are able to absorp materials from online or books, not for me.

Member/Tangshooter

Can you all describe what your style is in one sentence? (Especially for those who claim that they have lol)
    I have not developed a style of my own. You are right that everyone need some basic to grow but I am asking Juste what is the benefit of joining PSS when I already been shooting for years. Im not saying im an expert but asking does it benefit all of us? Learning from the courses only build individual base. We need to see things with our eyes.

Photography need practise not just by learning how to shoot. We at times need to critic our own photos and listen to others' comments to understand what they perceive from our photographs. This is an art not an assignment where you can copy from your frds and submit to pass. There are so many type of styles out there to study from.

Even in CS many have created their own style to present to us. You can take a look at the Top portrait picture picked by the moderators. Cheers
    コミュニケーションは私たちの障壁です | Flickr

i tot u love that. after that sexposed them on tcss documentary
    i ish get used to being sexposed liaos

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    i ish get used to being sexposed liaos

buttie, chiu really 自恋. Obviously chiu enjoy this very much we shall continue sexpose chiu

buttie, chiu really 自恋. Obviously chiu enjoy this very much we shall continue sexpose chiu
    lol i ish let chiu all hab fun sexpose me

i sexposed chiu and ur flamemourous... your love for him ish flamable

... YESHZ... MOI CAN....IN HUAN WORDZ HONLY = "CAMELLING".......
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

.. ish de sho Monlay Brewz.... ish de nose time por hanitinkz....
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

Quote Originally Posted by carnage3630 View Post
    I have not developed a style of my own. You are right that everyone need some basic to grow but I am asking Juste what is the benefit of joining PSS when I already been shooting for years. Im not saying im an expert but asking does it benefit all of us? Learning from the courses only build individual base. We need to see things with our eyes.

Photography need practise not just by learning how to shoot. We at times need to critic our own photos and listen to others' comments to understand what they perceive from our photographs. This is an art not an assignment where you can copy from your frds and submit to pass. There are so many type of styles out there to study from.

Even in CS many have created their own style to present to us. You can take a look at the Top portrait picture picked by the moderators. Cheers
    Sho humble... But somehow or rather, if some can recognise this photo is somewhat tony's style and is true, then in fact, u do already have ur style although it may be an adopted style but somehow u have unknowingly adapted ur own flavors in.

U urself is ur own critic i have to agree. But to be a good critic to ur own photos is never easy. It comes with time and experience and even with every passing day, ur criticism towards ur own photos should be getting stricter and more demanding.

Firstly, back to the point, the point I was trying to bring through in the first para is, quoting from what you've said, you mentioned are learning through a trial an error basis (learning through practical...), and I feel that courses would shorten the learning curve, hence the word structured. To have a good start in learning, one should practise with a good knowledge of what they are doing (Thats where I bring in the importance of Theory). As for the benefit over cost for the courses out there, If I recall correctly, I made no comments...

Well the burning question I had, was to understand what do you mean by style? I understand that these style is recognizable by us, but wouldn't it be more meaningful if it were explained by the photographer himself?

Well, its just a fun question, don't have to take it too seriously, after all its still TCSS right?

As for your last para, I don't know how my comments managed to receive such a reply from you. But I have to say this (No offence... )... You made it sound like some martial arts novel... 无招胜有招 lol
    flickr
    ~Photos Are Backups Of My Memories~

This is a very interesting discussion.

Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast