Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: *just1book* is ready for business!

Default Re: *just1book* is ready for business!

Hi, after much time lurking in these forums, my FIRST POST is to ask for some guidance here since it looks like everyone is so helpful and the reviews are good.

I initially thought of trying the US-based Blurb photobook service but got scared by people advising that you have to use certain colour profiles and soft proof your book, and even then sometimes people there were not happy with the quality of the printing. Hence I went looking for a local photobook service hoping it might be easier to sort out such issues, and found this thread.

Before I plunge into making my first book with just1book, can I check if you have any recommendations regarding colour management? Unfortunately I am a non-designer, using laptop (hence can't really calibrate screen reliably) and Photoshop Elements (hence not able to do any complex colour management, and can't soft proof) to process my photos. Do you have any tips for people like me?

For example, the embedded colour profile in my digicam photos is sRGB. When processing my photos in Photoshop Elements before importing them into the photobook software, should I also set Photoshop Elements to work in sRGB? Or set it to Adobe RGB?

Would very much appreciate any advice, as I can't wait to get started on making my first photobook.

hi.. i already have a book done in adobe indesign... are you able to print adobe indesign files ? thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by syntaxfree View Post
    Hi, after much time lurking in these forums, my FIRST POST is to ask for some guidance here since it looks like everyone is so helpful and the reviews are good.

I initially thought of trying the US-based Blurb photobook service but got scared by people advising that you have to use certain colour profiles and soft proof your book, and even then sometimes people there were not happy with the quality of the printing. Hence I went looking for a local photobook service hoping it might be easier to sort out such issues, and found this thread.

Before I plunge into making my first book with just1book, can I check if you have any recommendations regarding colour management? Unfortunately I am a non-designer, using laptop (hence can't really calibrate screen reliably) and Photoshop Elements (hence not able to do any complex colour management, and can't soft proof) to process my photos. Do you have any tips for people like me?

For example, the embedded colour profile in my digicam photos is sRGB. When processing my photos in Photoshop Elements before importing them into the photobook software, should I also set Photoshop Elements to work in sRGB? Or set it to Adobe RGB?

Would very much appreciate any advice, as I can't wait to get started on making my first photobook.
    The reviews were good because they are kind, meeting the more demanding pro-sumers is always a challenge with some frustration and lots of fun.

The key to color management is “color balance”, balance in 2 areas.
    Input to output, images captured in RGB, viewed in RGB, edited in RGB but output is in CMYK (if print). If your input is balanced, you’ll be looking at a set of fairly consistent colors and brightness (hue or satuaration) in your images. If an image is “off color" compared to the rest of your images, it’s the image problem and not your screen or color management issue. Consistency and balance is what you should be looking into on an uncalibrated monitor or if you are not into color management.

There’s a misconception in color space or working space. If you’re seriously into color management, work with aRGB, sRGB has a lower color gamut. Just like CMYK, both have smaller color space or limitations. It doesn’t mean that you work with aRGB, you’ll get better colors.

Softproofing is another misleading area, you’re looking at a RGB monitor, how to check CMYK? It’s only possible with/on high quality calibrated monitors. It’s OK to check for layout, text, bleed, etc,. But look at consistency in colors on monitor, not accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by centrino View Post
    hi.. i already have a book done in adobe indesign... are you able to print adobe indesign files ? thanks....
    Yes, we print with any graphic arts apps, but preferred pdf files. Any other submission not using our just1book app is defined as customization, we may not have the book cover or the sizes that you want for your book. What’s the size and orientation of your book?
    just1book, no kidding!

Quick question, I was completing my book when my computer hang, (when previewing acro file) so I have to force restart my computer. Open the application and it says "No saved file"! my few days & 58 pages of hardwork gone! any idea where the file could be saved?

Thanks!
    Koh

hi,

From the website, the albums are of "bendable" pages (soft) like a normal book.

Do you have something similar to the "FotoStory" product offered by FotoHub. I'm referring to the hard-type pages of the album....typically a wedding album type.

Sorry for the not very descriptive details but hope you understand what I'm saying

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kohss View Post
    Quick question, I was completing my book when my computer hang, (when previewing acro file) so I have to force restart my computer. Open the application and it says "No saved file"! my few days & 58 pages of hardwork gone! any idea where the file could be saved?

Thanks!
    Koh
    Hi Koh, sorry for the late reply, im feel sorry regarding your issue with the application. Thanks for coming down to clarify the issue with us and it's amazing you redo your book within a night. It's probably a technical issue and we're working on it with the new version of My PhotoBook.

Quote Originally Posted by paisatge View Post
    hi,

Do you have something similar to the "FotoStory" product offered by FotoHub. I'm referring to the hard-type pages of the album....typically a wedding album type.

Sorry for the not very descriptive details but hope you understand what I'm saying

Thanks
    Hi paisatge, currently we used 170 GSM LumiSilk, acid-free satin matt archival paper for our photobooks. If you're free, please do drop by at our showroom @ Dhoby Ghaut Xchange # B1-48 for more enquiries regarding about the photobooks. We had various samples and sizes for you to view. Thank you.
    sales@just1book
    Join us on Facebook now!!

hi,

Thanks
    I think you are referring to the traditional wedding album called "flush-mount album", it's photo prints mounted on 2mm board. 20pp is standard with 30pp max. just1book provide this service too, visit the showroom to find out more.
    just1book, no kidding!

Thanks!
    Koh
    Oops! Hope that you did not crack your head when you knock on the monitor.
    Saved files are in your C drive or harddisk, if you've created a name for you book. Or it'll be book 1, book 2....... for every saved book.

If any consolation, your first printed book is beautiffully done!
    We'll print your 2nd book with a bit more respect, See you next Mon to collect your 2nd book. Will you be submitting your 3rd book?
    just1book, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Winsonapm View Post
    I think you are referring to the traditional wedding album called "flush-mount album", it's photo prints mounted on 2mm board. 20pp is standard with 30pp max. just1book provide this service too, visit the showroom to find out more.
    yes! that's exactly what I was trying to say. Will pay a visit to the showroom.

thanks

by the way, what's the showroom business hours?

thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Forget about what had happened, cos what I have now physically is a photo book that I'm pretty pleased with! Thanks guys!

Please call me if book2 is ready earlier.

Will definitely pop by next week for book3, this week kinda busy to finish the book.

Thanks again! cya real soon

Uppzzz for Johnson and just1book.
    great service.
    cant wait to get my photobook.

by the way, what's the showroom business hours?

thanks
    Hi paisatge, our opening hours are from 11am-9pm daily. Do drop by to our showroom for viewing samples.

Quote Originally Posted by elcvhion View Post
    Uppzzz for Johnson and just1book.
    great service.
    cant wait to get my photobook.
    Thanks for the compliment elcvhion, you will definitely like your book in a few day's time

Thanks for your reply.

Forget about what had happened, cos what I have now physically is a photo book that I'm pretty pleased with! Thanks guys!

Please call me if book2 is ready earlier.

Will definitely pop by next week for book3, this week kinda busy to finish the book.

Thanks again! cya real soon
    Nice work and well taken on your trips! How wished i can take a break to go on a overseas trip soon Hope to see you soon.
    sales@just1book

Hi. Instead of a greeting card that folds open, do you print postcards instead? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by johnson-just1book View Post
    My boss selected this location becos of the ATM, fast cash. Two MRT lines is the main reason, real convenience. Pop in the next time you need cash..
    ahh.. so your boss decided to do this on his own afterall lol

Quote Originally Posted by DodoAngel View Post
    Hi. Instead of a greeting card that folds open, do you print postcards instead? Thanks!
    Hi DodoAngel, we print postcards with 1 or 2 sides. Sizes are available in 4x8, 5.5x7.5, 5x7.
    We also need you to provide us the design by using our software for printing. Prices will be on our website.
    sales@just1book

hmm.. i only saw prices of photobooks on your website. can't find the prices for calendar / greeting cards..

Is it possible to add more pages beyond 80? I still have a few more pages to put in.. at 79 now and doesn't allow me to add in more.
    Please advise. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by savager View Post
    hmm.. i only saw prices of photobooks on your website. can't find the prices for calendar / greeting cards..
    Website supposed to be updated, sorry. Below prices for your consideration.

Calendars:
    12x18 = $ 29.00
    11x17 top bound = $ 29.00
    8.5x11 center fold calendar = $ 29.00 (opens to 11x17)
    8.5x11 single side = $ 29.00
    5x5 desktop (MIN 6 copies) = $ 69.00

Except for CD that needs min of 6 to order, $29 is per piece for the rest of the calendars.

24 pieces of 4” X 5.5” greeting cards with envelopes is $28.80
    24 pieces of 5” X 7” greeting cards with envelopes is $38.40

Hope that we have answered your enquiry, pls feel free to email or call for any other question.
    just1book, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroDivine View Post
    Is it possible to add more pages beyond 80? I still have a few more pages to put in.. at 79 now and doesn't allow me to add in more.
    Please advise. Thanks
    You can create another book, we'll stitch together when we process the order.
    I believed your file must be huge too, how many pages do you intend to produce?
    just1book, no kidding!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast