Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 710

Thread: Sex sells

  1. #121
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I got a simple solution for you. Block Club Snap on your home computers. Better still, do not let you kids go on line, but you can only stop that when they are home. Meaning, don't let them out of your sight.

    At the end of the day, I agree with Vince123123, I really don't care about how the shoots are marketed. It's a free market, it's market driven, and it's there to serve what the market wants.

    Actually, come to think of it, if we ban such marketing style, are we suggesting that censorship is actually ok?
    It can be called censorship but I think it's also a form of respect and respondsibility which we should have for ourselves and well as others in this forum.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #122
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    It can be called censorship but I think it's also a form of respect and respondsibility which we should have for ourselves and well as others in this forum.
    shouldn't that also apply to the photographers and how they shoot and post their images then? esp if the images don't show the models in the most positive light?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  3. #123
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    because he already kena left right and centre
    and have a whole fan club of trolls following him around?
    Yeah I know, but he's still going strong knowing that he also got a group of supporters to back him up. Classic example of the difference between a normal member and a mod.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    serangoon
    Posts
    3,042

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Sometime back.. someone said "this kind of photography artistic not pornography".. then later on we are told "the models are porn "stars" "..

    I don't know how to say this to you or to others..: I am raising 3 kids here.. I prefer a bit less art and more photography... which part is difficult...
    so sorry, but....

    PORN "STARS" IS OK TO BE A MODEL........

    ".....less art and more photography" ?---------- Photography is not ART ?


    ? ? ? ? ?

    tungtong2??8
    I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

  5. #125
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Yeah I know, but he's still going strong knowing that he also got a group of supporters to back him up. Classic example of the difference between a normal member and a mod.
    you post lor, i back you up (you can count on my support)
    btw i am still holding your CF card

  6. #126
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by tungtong View Post
    so sorry, but....

    PORN "STARS" IS OK TO BE A MODEL........

    ".....less art and more photography" ?---------- Photography is not ART ?


    ? ? ? ? ?

    tungtong2??8
    porn star can also be models...and just because their day job is pornography doesn't mean that they photos they are modeling for are porn...which someone failed to take into account last time when there were pics posted from a shoot with a pornstar in the pnp section...
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  7. #127
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Yeah I know, but he's still going strong knowing that he also got a group of supporters to back him up. Classic example of the difference between a normal member and a mod.
    who?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    shouldn't that also apply to the photographers and how they shoot and post their images then? esp if the images don't show the models in the most positive light?
    At the moment, images here have not gone down that drain yet, but the paid shoots are getting there and if we just leave things as they are, we'll get there very soon.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  9. #129
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    who?
    sorry, classified information

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Yeah I know, but he's still going strong knowing that he also got a group of supporters to back him up. Classic example of the difference between a normal member and a mod.
    no lor, i got more trolls on my list than supporters... in fact, i think i got an entire section dedicated to me...

    and when you are more prominent, and standing tall, most of them will target you... mods are easy targets actually...

    but if i believe the things i am doing is what i am suppose to do, i will stand by it all the way.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #131
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    sorry, classified information
    lol ok...i thought he was refering to u...no worries.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  12. #132
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Up North......
    Posts
    624

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Count on me!
    I will help to educate the members list

    1. Sion (Captain)
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt (Goalkeeper)
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    23. Smalltake

    Sometimes I am interested to join...... but how to show and explain this to my wife???!@!@#$ Looks like an AV shoot sometimes!!
    Last edited by ortega; 3rd October 2008 at 01:56 PM.
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

  13. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    you post lor, i back you up (you can count on my support)
    btw i am still holding your CF card
    Thanks bro, will try but this have to be a group effort and not just something which is "one man's point of view" if you get what I mean.

    BTW, the CF card is from who? I loan out 2 during the Tuas shoot.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  14. #134

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I got a simple solution for you. Block Club Snap on your home computers. Better still, do not let you kids go on line, but you can only stop that when they are home. Meaning, don't let them out of your sight.
    I thnk those parents will know to "how" to handle their kids by their own way lor, so you need not to worry for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    At the end of the day, I agree with Vince123123, I really don't care about how the shoots are marketed. It's a free market, it's market driven, and it's there to serve what the market wants.

    Actually, come to think of it, if we ban such marketing style, are we suggesting that censorship is actually ok?
    One wont laugh at it's own kind.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  15. #135
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    At the moment, images here have not gone down that drain yet, but the paid shoots are getting there and if we just leave things as they are, we'll get there very soon.
    it's going down the drain already if not half way there. but personally i dun see what's with the hullabaloo...is it more because this place is afraid of being compared to SBF?
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  16. #136
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    I thnk those parents will know to "how" to handle their kids by their own way lor, so you need not to worry for them.



    One wont laugh at it's own kind.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  17. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    serangoon
    Posts
    3,042

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    who?
    who ?
    I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

  18. #138

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    It can be called censorship but I think it's also a form of respect and respondsibility which we should have for ourselves and well as others in this forum.
    I in principle agree with what you said.

    However, personally, I found most of those marketing and sale gimmicks rather ineffective, rather amateurish, and some are in serious bad taste. However, I do not find the poster being disrespectful, and respects I earned, I don't need others to cater to my whims inorder to demonstrate respects.

    What I do, is don't join such shoots. I personally found most of those models really CMI, and no amount of sleazy advertising will change my mind. Ignore them. I censor them, personally and privately, I don't go pressing to smother them to oblivion.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  19. #139
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    it's going down the drain already if not half way there. but personally i dun see what's with the hullabaloo...is it more because this place is afraid of being compared to SBF?
    well, if u wanna drink the drain water by all means...

    if it means stepping on you and make u fill up the bottom layer of the drain so that we can all use you as a platform for higher grounds... yes... i will do it...

    i love your sig, like a response to mine...

    if no one makes an effort to improve, then our future will be TheQuestionable... but if we Delete the porns, Control the quality, no other Alternatives... then there will definitely be a better forum for everyone.

    So u wanna be my joker or robin?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #140

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    I thnk those parents will know to "how" to handle their kids by their own way lor, so you need not to worry for them.

    . . .

    One wont laugh at it's own kind.
    No I don't worry what their kids see or not see. that their problem and their kids' lost.

    What I am concern is, a few zealots, and we, the masses, will have to bend and accommodate, and cannot see hear or say what we want, but what the zealots deemed appropriate.

    You last comments,
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •