Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 710

Thread: Sex sells

  1. #101
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,613

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    ...so who's to blame? the organizers for meeting a demand or the general populace who fuels this demand?
    I'll blame that on the excessive exposure to tropical heat.

  2. #102
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I'll blame that on the excessive exposure to tropical heat.
    ya so hot must lose layers to stay cool
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NTU and Wdls
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: Sex sells

    1. Sion (Captain)
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt (Goalkeeper)
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,574

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The first list didn't appear to ask permission , at least not in the thread.
    ya hor...

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NTU and Wdls
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    no where as bad as the rest of the internet...or that other 2 infamous sg forums...but yea this place is sliding into sleaze slowly but surely...but that's what the market demands...so who's to blame? the organizers for meeting a demand or the general populace who fuels this demand?
    That is not the key question. Playing the blame game doesn't get anyone anywhere.
    The key question that should be asked, and is in many people's minds, would be, what sort of "general populace" does the forum mods/leaders want to attract.

    Guys just generally looking for chances to leer at girls, or photographers?

    IMHO CS is becoming just like some other local forum (SBF): CS has its own softcore section dedicated to pimps selling their girls.

  6. #106

    Default Re: Sex sells

    not all the title i find implies sex content. only a few. i find that you guy been over doing a bit. relax man...grab a sofa and have a tea tarik. ONLY those title has direct implication meaning in sex has to be removed.

    its becos of you guy behave like singapore gobernment, look at everything so seriously and everything looks so kancheong, you guy don know what is life man. you need some life so that singapore population will grow.

    photograph shooting is a culture, if u find the quality standard is dropped, why not shot and show urs, poison other follow photographer by great picture or so called art picture. i did see some foreigner photographer done very good artistic nude, but doesnt look like AV type of shooting at all.

    we again back to a supply and demand, chicken and eggs context issue. if men are not born "hamp-sap and ti-goh", why would these organizer bring those model for shooting? like it or not, its to fullfill the hunger and desire in men mind. ask your self a simple question, if u are taking a train every morning, u saw some pretty chinese babe with beancurd skin and boob-y bodyline, will u have a glance or just act cool and walk pass? those who not having a glance are gay i believe. for me i will have look cos i love to appreciate pretty girl and nothing wrong about it. why GOD wants to create pretty girl? its to fullfill mens, if there is no pretty girl and sexy girl, soon singapore population will drop to a critical level and your government will start to worry again.

    -bnw

  7. #107
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    That is not the key question. Playing the blame game doesn't get anyone anywhere.
    The key question that should be asked, and is in many people's minds, would be, what sort of "general populace" does the forum mods/leaders want to attract.

    Guys just generally looking for chances to leer at girls, or photographers?

    IMHO CS is becoming just like some other local forum (SBF): CS has its own softcore section dedicated to pimps selling their girls.
    i think you answered you own question with that remark...look at all the events photos its quite obvious people go there to leer. even with the portraits section its slowly turning into that...I dun like to use labels but GWCs are becoming very prevalent here...prob why most of the serious and talented photographers here dun even bother with this place anymore.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  8. #108
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    serangoon
    Posts
    3,042

    Default Re: Sex sells

    PIN-UP FOR MY NOTICE BOARD---

    "....... looks cheap towards the girls.. " by rockkboy

    ".. it not about right or wrong.. its about the impression that you (or the forum) leave behind..." by razor

    ".....model shoots with sex/y themes is just 1 of the many many forms...." by sORe-EyEz

    ".....the fine line of fine art and soft porn is really ..... " by xziredmp

    "...anyway, of cos, frankly, i did checked out who was the D-cup model being promoted this week... LOL!!! " by razor

    "...er news flash most serious photographers dun even bother with this place to begin with. They've either never bothered coming here or just left. " by TheQuestion

    "... gives me the impression that Clubsnap is getting pretty slutty and cheap." bymattlock

    "...we are heading towards the sleaze side when it comes to photoshoots." by yqt

    "...funny thing is, at one point or the other, most of us start our shooting journey via these shoots...." by nightwolf75

    "...but that's what the market demands...so who's to blame? " by TheQuestion

    "...what sort of "general populace" does the forum mods/leaders want to attract...." by unseen

    "...Have a nice day! " by lastboltnut


    TUNGTONG2008

    .
    Last edited by tungtong; 3rd October 2008 at 01:03 PM.
    I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

  9. #109
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,614

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by tungtong View Post
    PIN-UP FOR MY NOTICE BOARD---

    "....... looks cheap towards the girls.. " by rockkboy

    ".. it not about right or wrong.. its about the impression that you (or the forum) leave behind..." by razor

    ".....model shoots with sex/y themes is just 1 of the many many forms...." by sORe-EyEz

    ".....the fine line of fine art and soft porn is really ..... " by xziredmp

    "...anyway, of cos, frankly, i did checked out who was the D-cup model being promoted this week... LOL!!! "by razor

    "...er news flash most serious photographers dun even bother with this place to begin with. They've either never bothered coming here or just left." by TheQuestion

    "... gives me the impression that Clubsnap is getting pretty slutty and cheap." bymattlock

    "...we are heading towards the sleaze side when it comes to photoshoots." by yqt

    "...funny thing is, at one point or the other, most of us start our shooting journey via these shoots...." by nightwolf75

    "...but that's what the market demands...so who's to blame?" by TheQuestion

    "what sort of "general populace" does the forum mods/leaders want to attract." by unseen
    "...Have a nice day!" bylastboltnut

    TUNGTONG2008

    .

    what is this supposed to mean tungtong....

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,374

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by tungtong View Post
    PIN-UP FOR MY NOTICE BOARD---

    "....... looks cheap towards the girls.. " by rockkboy

    ".. it not about right or wrong.. its about the impression that you (or the forum) leave behind..." by razor

    ".....model shoots with sex/y themes is just 1 of the many many forms...." by sORe-EyEz

    ".....the fine line of fine art and soft porn is really ..... " by xziredmp

    "...anyway, of cos, frankly, i did checked out who was the D-cup model being promoted this week... LOL!!! " by razor

    "...er news flash most serious photographers dun even bother with this place to begin with. They've either never bothered coming here or just left. " by TheQuestion

    "... gives me the impression that Clubsnap is getting pretty slutty and cheap." bymattlock

    "...we are heading towards the sleaze side when it comes to photoshoots." by yqt

    "...funny thing is, at one point or the other, most of us start our shooting journey via these shoots...." by nightwolf75

    "...but that's what the market demands...so who's to blame? " by TheQuestion

    "...what sort of "general populace" does the forum mods/leaders want to attract...." by unseen

    "...Have a nice day! " bylastboltnut


    TUNGTONG2008

    .
    no gimme face, where is my quotes?

    btw, these cc or bcc or attn to u?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #111
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,574

    Default Re: Sex sells

    hi Tungtong, can you compile a list for other threads too?

    all for a good laugh!

  12. #112

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by tungtong View Post
    PIN-UP FOR MY NOTICE BOARD---

    "....... looks cheap towards the girls.. " by rockkboy

    ".. it not about right or wrong.. its about the impression that you (or the forum) leave behind..." by razor

    ".....model shoots with sex/y themes is just 1 of the many many forms...." by sORe-EyEz

    ".....the fine line of fine art and soft porn is really ..... " by xziredmp

    "...anyway, of cos, frankly, i did checked out who was the D-cup model being promoted this week... LOL!!! "by razor

    "...er news flash most serious photographers dun even bother with this place to begin with. They've either never bothered coming here or just left." by TheQuestion

    "... gives me the impression that Clubsnap is getting pretty slutty and cheap." bymattlock

    "...we are heading towards the sleaze side when it comes to photoshoots." by yqt

    "...funny thing is, at one point or the other, most of us start our shooting journey via these shoots...." by nightwolf75

    "...but that's what the market demands...so who's to blame?" by TheQuestion

    "what sort of "general populace" does the forum mods/leaders want to attract." by unseen
    "...Have a nice day!" bylastboltnut

    TUNGTONG2008

    .
    Sometime back.. someone said "this kind of photography artistic not pornography".. then later on we are told "the models are porn "stars" "..

    I don't know how to say this to you or to others..: I am raising 3 kids here.. I prefer a bit less art and more photography... which part is difficult...

  13. #113

    Default Re: Sex sells

    1. Sion (Captain)
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt (Goalkeeper)
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

  14. #114
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Count on me!
    I will help to educate the members list

    1. Sion (Captain)
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt (Goalkeeper)
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    20. glennyong
    21. unseen
    22. Tupi Guy

  15. #115

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Sometime back.. someone said "this kind of photography artistic not pornography".. then later on we are told "the models are porn "stars" "..

    I don't know how to say this to you or to others..: I am raising 3 kids here.. I prefer a bit less art and more photography... which part is difficult...
    I got a simple solution for you. Block Club Snap on your home computers. Better still, do not let you kids go on line, but you can only stop that when they are home. Meaning, don't let them out of your sight.

    At the end of the day, I agree with Vince123123, I really don't care about how the shoots are marketed. It's a free market, it's market driven, and it's there to serve what the market wants.

    Actually, come to think of it, if we ban such marketing style, are we suggesting that censorship is actually ok?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,942

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well, i dunno about u lah, everytime i start something with 300 strength, but unlike 300 spartans, i see 299 chickens running out on me...

    i can't blame them thou... its a different level of determination.
    Agreed that it's a different level of determination but at the same time, it is also a different level of respect and support. Look at it this way:

    "The title/image is not suitable/degrading to the model/forum"

    If I post the above, I'll kanna left, right, centre, front, back, top, bottom and all 360 degrees from everyone and no one will help me. So I die a slow death and maybe also gain myself a few trolls following me wherever I go. But if you were the one who post the above .......... now that's a different ball game and support altogether. I guess that why we hope the Mods and Admins will take the first step.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    serangoon
    Posts
    3,042

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    what is this supposed to mean tungtong....
    JUST SOME USEFUL & EXCELLENT PIN-UP NOTES TO STUDY & LEARN.....


    TUNGTONG2008

    .
    I TRY to...Keep the lines of communication open, can U?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tungtong

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,574

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    Sometime back.. someone said "this kind of photography artistic not pornography".. then later on we are told "the models are porn "stars" "..

    I don't know how to say this to you or to others..: I am raising 3 kids here.. I prefer a bit less art and more photography... which part is difficult...
    there's photography for every1, then there's those for adults...

    telling them that won't be easy,...

  19. #119
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    24,053
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Agreed that it's a different level of determination but at the same time, it is also a different level of respect and support. Look at it this way:

    "The title/image is not suitable/degrading to the model/forum"

    If I post the above, I'll kanna left, right, centre, front, back, top, bottom and all 360 degrees from everyone and no one will help me. So I die a slow death and maybe also gain myself a few trolls following me wherever I go. But if you were the one who post the above .......... now that's a different ball game and support altogether. I guess that why we hope the Mods and Admins will take the first step.
    because he already kena left right and centre
    and have a whole fan club of trolls following him around?

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,574

    Default Re: Sex sells

    Quote Originally Posted by tungtong View Post
    JUST SOME USEFUL & EXCELLENT PIN-UP NOTES TO STUDY & LEARN.....


    TUNGTONG2008

    .
    reminds me of David Letterman's Top 10 List!

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •