9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    Last edited by sykestang; 3rd October 2008 at 10:10 AM.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

Default Re: Sex sells

Sometimes heavy hands are necessary, if not no Laws are needed in countries...even in very open countries like Holland.

Education? Prostitution has as long a history as education...

Anyway, I have voiced my view as part of the community here and I should rest here, but standing firm on my ground.

Have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    a heavy hand does not work, censorship will only make it more desirable and fun.
    but education will change their mindsets forever.

eg. whenever i need to go to the motorshow for work, i don't even take photos of the XMM standing by the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    think u are the more serious among the serious to notice something so serious...
    You have to be seriously unserious not to seriously notice the seriously serious seriousness among the non-unserious photographers.

Blog Entries

We have noted the feedback and will discuss among the Mods on what course of action would be best.

One immediate action that can be done is to put in a guideline on the thread titles that are acceptable, and we will likely set some boundaries around that.

Thanks for the feedback, and if any member has a good (and implementable) suggestion, please feel free to voice it out. We welcome all feedback.

Thought your photography skill is good, but your England is better. Which Linguistic Forum you are involving in?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You have to be seriously unserious not to seriously notice the seriously serious seriousness among the non-unserious photographers.

Quote Originally Posted by lastboltnut View Post
    Don't think our teacher brought us to Geylang for an excursion in our primary school.

Maybe he needed a guided tour himself?

Blog Entries

Sometimes heavy hands are necessary, if not no Laws are needed in countries...even in very open countries like Holland.

Anyway, I have voiced my view as part of the community here and I should rest here, but standing firm on my ground.

Have a nice day!
    then maybe we can consider a simultaneous effort of heavy hand with education
    so, instead of talking

you the members can do the educating part now, while policy is being considered.

can start here

Portraits and Poses
    and
    Ready, Lights, Action!

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Sex sells

Thought your photography skill is good, but your England is better. Which Linguistic Forum you are involving in?
    I do believe Sion has obtained the certification of a Master in Cunning Linguistics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    I do believe Sion has obtained the certification of a Master in Cunning Linguistics.
    so Sion is a cunning linguist

So who is against it? Let's put our names here:

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888

Overall if the photographer and model are in agreement and everything is on the up and up....it is a victimless crime. My concern is when it is not a victimless one. Would I want to get this "want ads" stopped...nah not really..as much as I hate to see it popping up here and other places. But I would like some kind of strong disclaimer added each time a thread like this pops up. Doesn't matter if it is for the photographer or for the model concern. I think that is a good in that sense as it protects not just those involving parties but CS overall too.

I am all for "art for art sake" I can live with that. But to keep the situation safer for all, a disclaimer should always be made apparent so people knows what they are getting into and if they get into some bad situation they have to deal. By no mean something they can come back in here later and accuse everyone of "encouraging it and not do anything to stop it" . I personally have always felt more then half of the reasons for doing those shooting sessions or attending one are never about "ART" If so, I would see as many man male models engaged for those kind of shoot as female models. It is just sugar coated wolf in sheep skin sleaze. And even if the organising or organiser is legit and above board we know who they are mostly pandering this "classes" for. As I said, I am still fine with that in principle but as I say... hopefully it remains a victimless crime.

So who is against it? Let's put our names here:

1. Sion
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind

Quote Originally Posted by Lastboltnut
    But again, if we have to shame people to stop them from going, it may not work as there are people who doesn't care, just look at Geylang.
    Geylang is not as bad lah... my studio is in geylang though...

And there are at least 10-20 studio located in Geylang with almost all have a presence in CS and all running decent business!
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

Sorry bro...its the nights that are scary...I used to stay in Aljunied MRT area and I love the food there. I remember going there for the Beef Hor Fun and Rochor Beancurd. But a few years back I brought my wife and her mother and sis to Yong He for You Tiao, I had to get them to wait for me when I walked across the street to fetch my car....even me as a man felt uneasy with all these ladies and men standing around the entire street...since then, we never go there again at night...and there goes all the yummy food I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by sykestang View Post

And there are at least 10-20 studio located in Geylang with almost all have a presence in CS and all running decent business!

Quote Originally Posted by sykestang View Post

Yes. Even I've noticed that from as far as Australia.

Thanks to the foresight and imagination of the local photographers, they have changed Capital of Vice Geylang to a proud and thriving visual creative hub.

By the way the famed Bobman Studio is there too.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    then maybe we can consider a simultaneous effort of heavy hand with education
    so, instead of talking

you the members can do the educating part now, while policy is being considered.

can start here

Portraits and Poses
    and
    Ready, Lights, Action!

seriously, when was the last mod bash session?

i can foresee if we actually go clamp down on these sections, it will be another round of bashing... then i will see the 'standard' lines coming from the members affected... as much as i would like to set a standard, each section would still be actually more members orientated... if members wanna push the level higher, we need co-operations from members as well. wanna set higher standard? can, lets move towards that goal, so lets set the goals today, work towards it...

just check the critique section, i've been pruning threads, yes, i know alot of them may not be happy, but after awhile, everyone knows the rules and work towards the goal...

so any members wanna start helping us?

take this moment to thank in no particular order or if i missed anyone out please let me know... calebk, denniskee, night86mare, catchlights, etc for helping to offer their critiques in that section.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I have studied 2 years in English Remedial Course for Overseas Students in Sydney Technical Institute before they let me to read 16th Century English Literature in University of New South Wales which I studied for 4 months before my money ran out. Hence I picked up the rest my English skill from working in a kitchen in Chinatown.

I have studied 2 years in English Remedial Course for Overseas Students in Sydney Technical Institute before they let me to read 16th Century English Literature in University of New South Wales which I studied for 4 months before my money ran out. Hence I picked up the rest my English skill from working in a kitchen in Chinatown.
    Impressive! Sion sells sea shells by the seashore.

BTW, So who is against it? Let's put our names here:

1. Sion (Captain)
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt (Goalkeeper)
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)

No wonder...

In fact, Geylang is very much still a place buzzing with normal commercial activities in the day.

Yes. Even I've noticed that from as far as Australia.

Thanks to the foresight and imagination of the local photographers, they have changed Capital of Vice Geylang to a proud and thriving visual creative hub.

By the way the famed Bobman Studio is there too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

seriously, when was the last mod bash session?

i can foresee if we actually go clamp down on these sections, it will be another round of bashing... then i will see the 'standard' lines coming from the members affected... as much as i would like to set a standard, each section would still be actually more members orientated... if members wanna push the level higher, we need co-operations from members as well. wanna set higher standard? can, lets move towards that goal, so lets set the goals today, work towards it...

just check the critique section, i've been pruning threads, yes, i know alot of them may not be happy, but after awhile, everyone knows the rules and work towards the goal...

so any members wanna start helping us?

take this moment to thank in no particular order or if i missed anyone out please let me know... calebk, denniskee, night86mare, catchlights, etc for helping to offer their critiques in that section.
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Impressive! Sion sells sea shells by the seashore.

BTW, So who is against it? Let's put our names here:

1. Sion (Captain)
    2. sORe-EyEz
    3. Del_CtrlnoAlt (Goalkeeper)
    4. alteredVision
    5. Leong23
    6. zaren
    7. ahbian
    8. kirk
    9. agentmonkey
    10. zac08
    11. xziredmp
    12. night86mare
    13. yqt
    14. lastboltnut
    15. hanqiang1011
    16. SykesTang
    17.Sammy888
    18. Nitewind
    19 hazmee (reserve)
    so can i say that the members in this list will help educate the affected members?

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast